Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Q: How could you gain 25 awhp and 32 tq from a CAI?

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      07-19-2012 01:02 PM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by nahf14 View Post
      Thanks for the offer. I was definitely serious and would love to do it, however it didn't pass with the wife. I guess someone else will be able to take advantage of this awesome deal.
      This is why i'm single... no seriously this is part of the reason why haha
      Before - 2007 Fahrenheit GLI - Unitronic Stage 1+ - Valentine1 - 35% tint all around

Current - 2012 Golf R - 4dr - Rising Blue - APR Stage 1 - BSH PR CAI - Valentine1 - 50% tint all around

Vehicles
      2013 Ibis White TTRS
      07-19-2012 04:30 PM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by jthearne View Post
      The trick is to find you someone that couldn't care less about what you do to your car.

Vehicles
      2003 330i, 2004 A4, 2006 GTi, 2008 R32, 2012 RB Golf R, 2013 S4
      07-19-2012 04:34 PM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by sc0ttyb View Post
      The trick is to find you someone that couldn't care less about what you do to your car.
      Mine got mad because the car got software and it scared the crap out of her coming out of a parking lot. NOw she's upset about my plates.

Should have thought this through lol!
      In many ways then this car is like herpes. Great fun catching it but not so much fun living with it every day. - Jeremy Clarkson

Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf R
      07-19-2012 04:46 PM #109
      my lady's exact words when i thought about buying the car were "you only live once!"
      2012 Golf R - 4D CSG - BSH PR CAI - 42DD Downpipe - APR Stage 2

Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf R
      07-19-2012 04:58 PM #110
      It's not all bad. The main reason why she said no is because I would have had to bring my 5 and 3 yr. old with me for the 5 hour plus drive one way and then have to try and keep them behaved while they did everything with the car. Plus we have no family on this side of the country to watch them. She also works 7 days a week and I get the luxury of staying home with the kids so I have to give in sometimes. She did buy me the car at least.

Vehicles
      CAR HISTORY: |A3|Cayman|TTS|Jetta|.:R|CC|
      07-19-2012 05:17 PM #111
      Having an understanding wife is key. Mine has gone along for the ride and been pretty damn cool about it until recently. I showed her a pic of the totally dismantled car at BSH in Phoenix (we live in SF) and she said in a very simple and sweet way, "what the f_ck is wrong with you?" God I love her!

Vehicles
      2013 Ibis White TTRS
      07-19-2012 05:17 PM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by nahf14 View Post
      It's not all bad. The main reason why she said no is because I would have had to bring my 5 and 3 yr. old with me for the 5 hour plus drive one way and then have to try and keep them behaved while they did everything with the car. Plus we have no family on this side of the country to watch them. She also works 7 days a week and I get the luxury of staying home with the kids so I have to give in sometimes. She did buy me the car at least.
      That sounds perfectly reasonable, so I can totally understand why she'd not be on board, what with the kids and all. Sounds like you really lucked out as far as wives go.

Vehicles
      2013 Ibis White TTRS
      07-19-2012 05:23 PM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by iMod.:R View Post
      Having an understanding wife is key.
      It also helps to find one that has expensive hobbies as well so you can use that as ammo.

Vehicles
      92 Corrado SLC, '12 Golf R
      07-19-2012 11:03 PM #114
      Quote Originally Posted by GTIVRon View Post
      Any way to mod the stock engine cover/intake to make things look tidy with this setup? Really glad I've been waiting to decide on which intake and tune to go with for my R.
      So....
      2002.5 Jetta 1.8T - TOTALED (dodging deer)
      2002.5 24v GTI - TOTALED (rear-ended by a Jeep)
      1992 Corrado SLC - Dead. Will be back.. stronger.
      2012 Golf R - Daily Driver Status

Vehicles
      2012 golf r , 2011 Jetta se, 1990 gti
      07-19-2012 11:32 PM #115
      So....
      We havent tried and i dont think it would work. I have been thinking of designing a audi type engine cover for those of us that like to have one.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      07-19-2012 11:51 PM #116
      So... Not that I'm anxious or anything but any chance we'll see shipments Friday? Do want.

Vehicles
      07-20-2012 12:06 AM #117
      Quote Originally Posted by webcrawlr View Post
      So... Not that I'm anxious or anything but any chance we'll see shipments Friday? Do want.
      We have been working with our fab guy to push out these intakes. We had a meeting today and we decided that the quality and performance were the most important things to finish with the PR brand. We have found an issue during production that is now being address. We are shooting for Wednesday of next week to have these amazing intakes sent out to your door. We have also started talking to a local owner of a golf R that will allow us to give you some number of our intake and VWRs. I promise that you will soon have your product and will be ripping up the road around you. Also i have been thinking of numbering our intakes as to give a production number. IE #1 of PR intake. Let me know what you think

13. 07-20-2012 01:00 AM #118
      Quote Originally Posted by BSHR View Post
      We have been working with our fab guy to push out these intakes. We had a meeting today and we decided that the quality and performance were the most important things to finish with the PR brand. We have found an issue during production that is now being address. We are shooting for Wednesday of next week to have these amazing intakes sent out to your door. We have also started talking to a local owner of a golf R that will allow us to give you some number of our intake and VWRs. I promise that you will soon have your product and will be ripping up the road around you. Also i have been thinking of numbering our intakes as to give a production number. IE #1 of PR intake. Let me know what you think
      i for one like the idea of having an intake numbered, i mean our cars are numbers even tho we cant actually see the product number, but the numbered intake is cool

07-20-2012 03:46 AM #119
      Does the promo code still work, and if so how long will it be active? I am very close to ordering but I have to see the reviews once the first batch finally goes out.

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R 2Dr Black
      07-20-2012 07:46 AM #120
      Given that the shipment is much later than originally promised, it would be nice to have some kind of something extra for the wait. So, having an officially (whatever that means) numbered intake is at least a little something for the extra wait. Plus, I should have one of the first, since I ordered in the first 30 minutes it was available.
      2012 Golf R 2Dr Loaded DBP - Diesel Geek, Badgeless Grille & Fill, Delete R Badges, 42DD Downpipe, Autotech HPFP, UM Stg2, Huper Optik Tint, HPA Dogbone mount, Rebadge.com, BSH PR CAI, Twintercooler, LED Tails, TSW Interlaggos 19X8, CTS TOP & TP, Xpel Ultimate, DXD Stg2 Daily, USRT W/M

16. Member
      07-20-2012 08:21 AM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by ecirwin View Post
      Given that the shipment is much later than originally promised, it would be nice to have some kind of something extra for the wait. So, having an officially (whatever that means) numbered intake is at least a little something for the extra wait. Plus, I should have one of the first, since I ordered in the first 30 minutes it was available.

Delays happen, get over it. I don't think they owe us anything except for the intake that we ordered.

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      07-20-2012 08:59 AM #122
      Quote Originally Posted by Rdurty2 View Post

Delays happen, get over it. I don't think they owe us anything except for the intake that we ordered.
      Last time I ordered from BSH they were a month behind - but I ordered from them again because they offer good products - if they want to offer numbered intakes that'd keep me happy - delays do happen but they are running a business... just saying
      Before - 2007 Fahrenheit GLI - Unitronic Stage 1+ - Valentine1 - 35% tint all around

Current - 2012 Golf R - 4dr - Rising Blue - APR Stage 1 - BSH PR CAI - Valentine1 - 50% tint all around

Vehicles
      '14 Audi S4 / '13 Infiniti G37
      07-20-2012 09:01 AM #123
      Everytime I order from BSH its always a month behind - but i order it because they have a good product - if they want to offer numbered intakes that'd keep me happy - delays do happen but they are running a business... just saying
      I am outraged by this excessive unacceptable delay of an intake I have not ordered. They need to send me one for free as partial compensation!

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      07-20-2012 09:02 AM #124
      Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubDriver View Post
      I am outraged by this excessive unacceptable delay of an intake I have not ordered. They need to send me one for free as partial compensation!
      And an Audi tt-rs... then I will quit b$@#ing

Vehicles
      '14 Audi S4 / '13 Infiniti G37
      07-20-2012 09:03 AM #125
      And an Audi tt-rs... then I will quit b$@#ing
      ooh, I like the way you think!

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R 2Dr Black
      07-20-2012 10:10 AM #126
      Delays happen, get over it.
      Yes, delays happen, but I do believe we are on the third delay. First was powder coating, second was poor fitting filter element, and now there is some kind of manufacturing issue. This is the third delay since they offered the order. Not to mention all the teasers before the prebuy was offered.

I really don't understand this last one. How could they be through powder coating, but now fixing some manufacturing issue? I know, the communication is incomplete. It would be great if they would post some pictures and explain things a little more, but I can understand not doing that.

This intake is the last piece in the puzzle for me. I have been waiting patiently, but now I am getting impatient. I work in new product development and I know that all sorts of people get irate when I miss my schedule dates. I expect that when I don't live up to my commitments. I also know that BSH is a small company and a lot of the work, if not most of it, is contracted out. They have to rely on other companies to commit to a date and to deliver quality parts on that date. Most people have gone through this on a house remodel project, or they know someone that has.

So, I am sure that BSH can take a little complaining by their customers for not delivering when they promised. I am sure they expect it. If we weren't complaining, they wouldn't have as much of a reason to hurry up and get these done.

I never said they owed us anything. They offered to do the numbering, and I said that would make me feel a little better about the delay.
      2012 Golf R 2Dr Loaded DBP - Diesel Geek, Badgeless Grille & Fill, Delete R Badges, 42DD Downpipe, Autotech HPFP, UM Stg2, Huper Optik Tint, HPA Dogbone mount, Rebadge.com, BSH PR CAI, Twintercooler, LED Tails, TSW Interlaggos 19X8, CTS TOP & TP, Xpel Ultimate, DXD Stg2 Daily, USRT W/M

22. Member
      07-20-2012 12:29 PM #127
      But will the numbering create another delay?

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R 2Dr Black
      07-20-2012 12:37 PM #128
      But will the numbering create another delay?
      Given the history, I would have to say "yes".

Vehicles
      07-24-2012 12:03 AM #129
      What is that smaller pipe that goes over the top of the engine for? Where does the car get "cold air" from behind the passenger headlight? As far as I can see in my car, there isn't any "fresh air" feeding in there...

Also, what does this sound like in comparison to the VWR Intake? Quieter?

25. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2003 Jetta VR(Sold), 2006 GTI (Sold), 2008 GTI (Sold), 2010 VW CC Sport, 2012 Golf R (January 2012)
      07-24-2012 10:20 AM #130
      Any shipping updates?

26. 07-24-2012 10:43 AM #131
      What is that smaller pipe that goes over the top of the engine for? Where does the car get "cold air" from behind the passenger headlight? As far as I can see in my car, there isn't any "fresh air" feeding in there...
      Im with you on this one. looks like they have a snorkel from the oe air vent on the drivers side.

People seem to be scooping this up and I haven't even seen any pictures of what the filter looks like, or what behind the shield, or the size of the filter, or final configuration/finish, or...

I admit this looks like an interesting solution but it's certainly not an elegant one.
      rube goldberg would be proud.

Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf R
      07-24-2012 11:04 AM #132

Also, what does this sound like in comparison to the VWR Intake? Quieter?
      The smaller pipe is for the recirculation off of the DV and the air box has a pipe which pulls cold air from the upper driver side of the grille. The real "cold air" effect is supposed to come from a combination of this, and not routing the intake over the turbo/exhaust manifold.

2012 Golf R - 4D CSG - BSH PR CAI - 42DD Downpipe - APR Stage 2

Vehicles
      07-24-2012 06:22 PM #133
      Quote Originally Posted by .:Raunchy View Post
      The smaller pipe is for the recirculation off of the DV and the air box has a pipe which pulls cold air from the upper driver side of the grille. The real "cold air" effect is supposed to come from a combination of this, and not routing the intake over the turbo/exhaust manifold.

Thanks. I see that it has an extension from that box to the OEM intake point, but this is the first bulletin from their website:

There are two sources of incoming air. The foglight air-dam and the "wind tunnel" piping which runs along the width of the main grille.Neither of which pass over the hottest point in your engine, the exhaust manifold.
      I don't see any "fresh" or "cold" air coming from behind the fog-light air dam (we don't even have fog lights..). Unless it has one of the smaller fast-food joint straws going down there....

That "box" doesn't look to be sealed, and since the suction off the turbo would be greater than any "ram" effect from the grille inlet, I see it sucking hot air from the small contained area right next to the engine. Neither that box nor the smaller one at the grille inlet look like they can house a decently sized panel filter effectively, but the bigger box might be able to house a pretty small cone or cylindrical filter..

PS:
      The following is also still on their website
      The PHOENIX RISING Colder Air Intake will be shipping the first week of July in the following configurations:

MK5 FSI GTI for USA
      MK6 FSI Golf .:R USA
      Last edited by GTIVRon; 07-24-2012 at 06:31 PM.

07-24-2012 07:34 PM #134
      ^This being the main reason why I haven't ordered it yet.
      I don't understand why there hasn't been any final production photos in the wrinkle black finish since these are over 3 weeks late. PSH give us a solid update before people start move on to other options.

30. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      07-24-2012 08:11 PM #135

That "box" doesn't look to be sealed, and since the suction off the turbo would be greater than any "ram" effect from the grille inlet, I see it sucking hot air from the small contained area right next to the engine. Neither that box nor the smaller one at the grille inlet look like they can house a decently sized panel filter effectively, but the bigger box might be able to house a pretty small cone or cylindrical filter..

PS:
      The following is also still on their website
      Tryol mike tested just the Carbonio intake without the upgraded filter vs stock and found a significant difference in pressure just from effectively routing the air. Based on his test I'd say the stock air inlet does a fine job directing enough fresh air at a filter given that it's routed correctly. Being that BSH did dyno testing and included IATs to back things up I don't know what you have to question there that hasn't been answered.

The box looks to hold about the same size filter as the VWR, wintake or 's filter on a stick.

I'll agree the lack of updates and pictures of the finished product are very disappointing. It'd be very nice to see pictures of that before the final product ships.

Vehicles
      07-24-2012 11:29 PM #136
      Yes, but the intake Mike used was "sealed" to the grille inlet. It doesn't look like that box is sealed, nor sealed to the pipe that goes to that inlet. Therefore it would suck air out of the engine bay.

PS: No company is going to release a product and make money by saying it doesn't work... Not saying they are lying, but everybody trying to sell something will want to make it seem more appealing.

I'll be waiting for the comparison to the VWR intake. If that doesn't happen by mid-August, I'll be buying the VWR intake, since chances are the reason the comparison wouldn't have happened is because this product isn't shipping by then.

Vehicles
      07-25-2012 12:39 AM #137
      i will post a pic of the filter tomorrow. yes we re having some delays that were unexpected. we will be offering the pr intake with a special numbering that will be limited to the first 25 pr intakes. we will be offering a numbered heat shield to go along with the intake for 20 dollars more. also the carbino intake is not sealed to the front of the grill. our intake will be just as sealed to the front as the grills as apr. We dont make parts to just sell them we make parts that truly increase performance. this isnt BSH's first time doing this. the world record for the fastest 4 cylinder was done using our turbo kit. We were one of the first 500 plus whp mkv gti's. BSH doesn't have to say we are the best we let our products speak for us. We are working really hard to get these intakes out to you guys as fast as possible with the quality you would expect. also one of the first 25 will be entered in a drawing for a free pendulum mount.

07-25-2012 03:32 AM #138
      Any idea of when they will ship, as the current apr sale ends next Friday and I really would like to make a decision by then? Also do you know how many current orders that are placed, I would believe you would have near 25 already with all the hype over the past few months, and where is the heat shield on you site? I along with others are ready to send money your way but need the final design pics/ ship date to commit. Thanks for the speedy reply.

34. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2003 Jetta VR(Sold), 2006 GTI (Sold), 2008 GTI (Sold), 2010 VW CC Sport, 2012 Golf R (January 2012)
      07-25-2012 10:54 AM #139

i will post a pic of the filter tomorrow. yes we re having some delays that were unexpected. we will be offering the pr intake with a special numbering that will be limited to the first 25 pr intakes. we will be offering a numbered heat shield to go along with the intake for 20 dollars more. also the carbino intake is not sealed to the front of the grill. our intake will be just as sealed to the front as the grills as apr. We dont make parts to just sell them we make parts that truly increase performance. this isnt BSH's first time doing this. the world record for the fastest 4 cylinder was done using our turbo kit. We were one of the first 500 plus whp mkv gti's. BSH doesn't have to say we are the best we let our products speak for us. We are working really hard to get these intakes out to you guys as fast as possible with the quality you would expect. also one of the first 25 will be entered in a drawing for a free pendulum mount.

35. 07-25-2012 10:55 AM #140
      Can u add the heat shield to my order

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast