Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vancouver teen is going Big Turbo!

Vehicles
      01 Jetta Wolfsburg Ed, 04 Jetta GLI 24v 6spd
      07-10-2012 09:18 AM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by 20VCanuck View Post
      Yes, I had a K&N cai a little while ago. I since have sold it, but it felt like tin foil compared to this! I will probably run the cold air extension! Btw, I ordered that ebay fmic piping kit. Showed up, was the wrong shiz, anyway I sent it back today. Clay hooked me up on the cts piping kit

I think I will run a MAF, as drivibility is really what its all about. Ya, I want a fast car, but its my dd and I will be driving to school/work everyday. Would the vr housing work?2.75 ID I believe. Stock sensor?

I have already bought the injectors. Are the siemens 630cc's that bad? I mean, I suppose I could probably exhange them. Just wondering if its worth my time/effort
      yea the CTS CAI doe's make the others feel like tin foil sucks, they sent u the wrong piping i'm sure the CTS piping is better anyways. Man I don't know about these 630cc inj. I've had mine for over 2 yrs, have never heard the car idle perfectly in closed loop. It used to idle fine in open loop, but now not really there either. Other than that they are awesome and have given me no problems. Keep in mind I've never taken a log, and can' seem to get any of the Eurodyne dealers in FL to tweak my tune. I don't want maestro, one of them says i need that. USP Motorsports won't tune cars they didn't build. White Automotive which is about 30 mins from my house says he can't do it, I have to take it to the place i orginally bought the tune from. if u have a tuner near by or have maestro, you'll be fine. if not for with bosch 550cc or 725cc.

I guess i'll have to take a road trip to NY and visit Arnold @ PAG to get my idle sorted out. It's not too bad, but it is kinda annoying after a couple yrs
      My Thread Fk AK Coilovers, Full 3" Exhaust, Custom FMIC, Forge Evo14 BOV, Forge Unos MBC, Forge Throttle Body Hose, Prothane Dog Bone Mount, BFI STG 1 Eng/Trans Mounts, Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit, TT Short Shifter, Siemens 630s, Walbro 255, DBB Garrett 50 Trim Turbo Kit, Eurodyne 630cc MAFLESS PAGPARTS FTW -- STEVEBILT.COM -- Integrated Engineering -- FourSeasonTuning.com Don't Buy Anything From *ChunkyPeanuts*

2. Banner Advertiser doug@frankenturbo.com's Avatar
      07-10-2012 10:27 AM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by Big_Tom View Post
      I guess i'll have to take a road trip to NY and visit Arnold @ PAG to get my idle sorted out. It's not too bad, but it is kinda annoying after a couple yrs
      It's those Siemens injectors. Lousy spray pattern. Too bad there's no solid (inexpensive) alternative for 600+ cc flow.
      www.frankenturbo.com
      Let's Do This

Vehicles
      07-10-2012 10:49 AM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by doug@frankenturbo.com View Post
      It's those Siemens injectors. Lousy spray pattern. Too bad there's no solid (inexpensive) alternative for 600+ cc flow.
      I'll probably be looking into some new Bosch injectors later on this year. I was gonna get them soon, but I'm working on my other car right now.
      My Thread Fk AK Coilovers, Full 3" Exhaust, Custom FMIC, Forge Evo14 BOV, Forge Unos MBC, Forge Throttle Body Hose, Prothane Dog Bone Mount, BFI STG 1 Eng/Trans Mounts, Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit, TT Short Shifter, Siemens 630s, Walbro 255, DBB Garrett 50 Trim Turbo Kit, Eurodyne 630cc MAFLESS PAGPARTS FTW -- STEVEBILT.COM -- Integrated Engineering -- FourSeasonTuning.com Don't Buy Anything From *ChunkyPeanuts*

Vehicles
      02 337. 08 F150
      07-10-2012 12:10 PM #39
      Yeah 630's suck (I've got some 870's coming in this week). And yes please run a MAF. Theres a thread on diverter valves going on now. The concensus is the mad max valve being the alternative to large BOV's. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
      2.1L, 1000cc, Maestro, CompTurbo 5558, CTS, IE intake, Scat rods, more to come..

Vehicles
      2002 golf gti
      07-10-2012 02:15 PM #40
      Maf it is. With the vr6 housing with the stock 1.8t sensor be okay? I get cost of oem parts so id rather rig that together then buying the cts housing.

Im going to rock the baileys for now. If it gives me issues i'll go from there.

I do have tuners all over here, and im about 25 minutes away from cts itself, that being said if the 630's are really going to give me headaches; what is the next injector suitable to my application?

Would it be the id 725cc's? ouch, 2.5 times the price of the siemens
      Last edited by 20VCanuck; 07-10-2012 at 02:18 PM.
      50 trim'd up!
      http://ctsturbo.com-/thread

Vehicles
      07-10-2012 02:34 PM #41
      Maf it is. With the vr6 housing with the stock 1.8t sensor be okay? I get cost of oem parts so id rather rig that together then buying the cts housing.

Im going to rock the baileys for now. If it gives me issues i'll go from there.

I do have tuners all over here, and im about 25 minutes away from cts itself, that being said if the 630's are really going to give me headaches; what is the next injector suitable to my application?

Would it be the id 725cc's? ouch, 2.5 times the price of the siemens
      if tuning is not an issue, then just use the siemens injectors. you just cant slap them in and think all will be well. sometimes it is tho, but its not for me

Vehicles
      2002 golf gti
      07-13-2012 12:41 AM #42
      Little update today, got my 3" turbo back installed. No pictures yet as I am not happy with the tip setup, if I get it figured out tomorrow I'll post some pictures.

FYI: For those buying a tsudo exhaust. Great exhaust, great sound, good quality. Poor fitment.
      If you do not have a hook up at an exhaust shop, or good welding skill I would go a different route.

Guys at the exhaust shop said it took them almost 4 hours to hang and weld it all up. Luckily I got it done for 100 bucks cash.

I am a happy camper
      50 trim'd up!

Vehicles
      07-13-2012 12:46 AM #43
      Little update today, got my 3" turbo back installed. No pictures yet as I am not happy with the tip setup, if I get it figured out tomorrow I'll post some pictures.

FYI: For those buying a tsudo exhaust. Great exhaust, great sound, good quality. Poor fitment.
      If you do not have a hook up at an exhaust shop, or good welding skill I would go a different route.

Guys at the exhaust shop said it took them almost 4 hours to hang and weld it all up. Luckily I got it done for 100 bucks cash.

I am a happy camper
      lol you lucked out on the price for that exhaust install you're probably gonna have to play with those heater core lines a bit for the TIP. i had 2

Vehicles
      1998 Audi A4 QT , 1976 Datsun 280Z ( My Mid-Life Crisis )
      07-13-2012 12:50 AM #44

I am a happy camper
      What exhaust shop did you use? A few locals, including myself, are looking for a good local shop. Shift Autosport in Burnaby is supposed to be good.....

MufflerMan in Poco is good...but a bit pricey.
      "...I recommend books. People who don't know what they're talking about are less likely to write a book about the subject...."

Vehicles
      2002 golf gti
      07-13-2012 02:29 AM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by Chickenman35 View Post
      What exhaust shop did you use? A few locals, including myself, are looking for a good local shop. Shift Autosport in Burnaby is supposed to be good.....

MufflerMan in Poco is good...but a bit pricey.
      Well seeing I am in chilliwack, my local isn't really your local.

I had it done at budget in chilliwack. My dad is high up at Napa Canada and works out of head office in langley, so I have a big network of places that I can usually score a deal at.

On a side note which Maf should I be using?
      50 trim'd up!

Vehicles
      07-13-2012 11:52 AM #46
      Well seeing I am in chilliwack, my local isn't really your local.

I had it done at budget in chilliwack. My dad is high up at Napa Canada and works out of head office in langley, so I have a big network of places that I can usually score a deal at.

On a side note which Maf should I be using?
      I would think a 3" MAF susch as one off of a VR6 should be sufficient. Use your stock sensor in the housing.

On the side note. I was a dealership partsman for 17+ years ( Nissan , Honda Chrysler ). Still have many of my old connections too. Unfortunately, exhaust shops aren't on that list...
      "...I recommend books. People who don't know what they're talking about are less likely to write a book about the subject...."

Vehicles
      2002 golf gti
      07-13-2012 11:17 PM #47
      More updates!

Not happy with the tip fitment but meh. Picked up a catch can today, orignally wanted the stealth 42dd one but I had a credit at mopac for exhance only so I picked up this one. Apperently its the balls around there. Looks really good, all billet and whatnot and has a cool drain setup.
      I broke out the slr today and took some more pictures too

Can and billet bracket

Exhaust tip fitment

50 trim'd up!

Vehicles
      07-13-2012 11:27 PM #48
      Hmmm...who makes the Catch can and how much was it?

Vehicles
      2002 golf gti
      07-13-2012 11:35 PM #49
      Its moroso. It was around $160 I believe.
      50 trim'd up!

Vehicles
      2002 golf gti
      07-14-2012 12:24 AM #50
      And the can gets exhanged tomorrow. Ughhh, this process is starting to get really old. I will glad when it is done.

I told the guy I needed 3/4" outlets. It doesnt.
      50 trim'd up!

Vehicles
      2002 golf gti
      07-21-2012 12:44 AM #51
      So anyway, got some more stuff today.

Went to return my can, and they didnt have anything in recirc with 3/4 fittings. Couldnt get my money back so I had to exchange for a vented can. Dont really care about the smell but I have a concern.

It only has one port, now I know I can T the two pcv sources today into one, but is that going to hurt the oil catching ability?

Im thinking about plasti dipping the wheels, seeing the paint from the po is coming off. any color suggestions?

oh ya, I got maestro too.
      Last edited by 20VCanuck; 07-21-2012 at 02:17 AM.
      50 trim'd up!

Vehicles
      07-21-2012 05:00 AM #52

Went to return my can, and they didnt have anything in recirc with 3/4 fittings. Couldnt get my money back so I had to exchange for a vented can. Dont really care about the smell but I have a concern.

It only has one port, now I know I can T the two pcv sources today into one, but is that going to hurt the oil catching ability?

Im thinking about plasti dipping the wheels, seeing the paint from the po is coming off. any color suggestions?

you can tee them into 1, it will work just fine

Vehicles
      07-21-2012 07:15 AM #53

Mopac really sucks with there no refund policy ( and about everything else ).

Lordco is much better. Something doesn't fit..no problem. Here's your money back. Plus Lordco will price match anything from Mopac. Have you tried the Lordco near Mission Raceway? I've shopped there a few times and they stock a reasonable amount of Hi Performance parts. Plus some of their staff actually have a brain in their heads and do not try and up sell you on their products that have the most profit margin.

Vehicles
      2002 golf gti
      07-21-2012 01:34 PM #54
      Mopac does suck, but now im stuck with this credit and gotta burn it up. Its all gone now with this can and an energy suspension dogbone insert
      50 trim'd up!

Vehicles
      2002 golf gti
      07-26-2012 02:00 AM #55
      Okay so friggen ehhh, made some serious progress today. Ripped all the old whatnots out, started getting some of the goodness back in. pulled out all the evap, sai, and pcv. All and all went somewhat smooth, I was expecting hell. If all goes as planned should be ready to go tomorrow.

Todo:
      Mount intercooler (Im assuming the most time consuming)
      Finish mounting downpipe.
      Run the feed line
      Mount can
      Change dogbone
      Finish all that litttle crap, and flash this sucka!

Apperently theres no need for a gasket between the turbo and downpipe but I dont know.. might throw some sealer or something in there.

Heres some pics!
      Gettin er goin!

Starting to come together :yes:

Shrapnel
      50 trim'd up!

21. Member
      Vehicles
      20th IY# 1455,2010 DC TRD,2013 M5,01 jetta WVO TDI
      07-26-2012 03:44 AM #56
      looking good

Vehicles
      07-26-2012 08:17 AM #57

Apperently theres no need for a gasket between the turbo and downpipe but I dont know.. might throw some sealer or something in there.
      don't fall for that "i dont need a gasket there" bull$hit. yes you do get a t3 2.5" 4 bolt gasket.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-CTS-Turbo-Kit

Vehicles
      2002 golf gti
      07-26-2012 10:09 PM #58
      Im putting the walbro 255 in and I dont really get how to do it.

I dont have the usrt harness, and couldnt really find a diy for it.
      Where should I wire it too
      50 trim'd up!

Vehicles
      2003 GTI
      07-26-2012 11:17 PM #59
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4782217

You can make your own setup using a relay or you can buy the USRT harness. I would suggest you buy the harness unless you are comfortable with wiring and setting up a relay.
      CTS gt3071r and more

Vehicles
      2002 golf gti
      07-27-2012 12:45 AM #60
      Pumps all in, made my own relay and wiring. good to go. Runs/Idles wonderful! damn near stock. Getting some mad fluttler so new valve is in my future.

Got on it once on the way home and spike way to high, I want to run off the wastegate for now. 15psi. It hit so hard but got off of it as soon as I saw 20.

Heres how I have it routed as of now. Keep in mind I am a external wastegate noob so yeah its probably wrong.

Wastegate to mbc, to vac source. I have the mbc screwed all the way in, Unless I should have it all the way out?

50 trim'd up!

Vehicles
      2001 VW GTI 1.8t Pag billet 3071r
      07-27-2012 02:39 AM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by sabbySC View Post
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4782217

You can make your own setup using a relay or you can buy the USRT harness. I would suggest you buy the harness unless you are comfortable with wiring and setting up a relay.
      Does that harness work with a bosch inline?

Vehicles
      2003 GTI
      07-27-2012 07:31 AM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by burkechrs1 View Post
      Does that harness work with a bosch inline?
      I don't see why it wouldn't.
      CTS gt3071r and more

Vehicles
      2003 GTI
      07-27-2012 07:34 AM #63
      Pumps all in, made my own relay and wiring. good to go. Runs/Idles wonderful! damn near stock. Getting some mad fluttler so new valve is in my future.

Got on it once on the way home and spike way to high, I want to run off the wastegate for now. 15psi. It hit so hard but got off of it as soon as I saw 20.

Heres how I have it routed as of now. Keep in mind I am a external wastegate noob so yeah its probably wrong.

Wastegate to mbc, to vac source. I have the mbc screwed all the way in, Unless I should have it all the way out?

You should have the WG connected to the boost port on the turbo housing (the brass nipple fitting). Make sure you have it conected to the correct side on the WG. This should give you an idea:

CTS gt3071r and more

Vehicles
      07-27-2012 09:25 AM #64
      since you don't have a brass nipple on your compressor housing run a dedicated vacuum line directly from the intake manifold to the side of your wastegate if you want to run wastegate pressure only. if you have a boost controller put it on that line somewhere between the manifold and wastegate

Vehicles
      2002 golf gti
      07-27-2012 12:54 PM #65
      Im pretty sure my mbc is backwords, Im going to flip it and report back!

Edit: changed it up, all is good, hits about 17psi perfect for my stock block. Thing rips!
      Last edited by 20VCanuck; 07-27-2012 at 01:31 PM.
      50 trim'd up!

Vehicles
      07-27-2012 05:11 PM #66
      Im pretty sure my mbc is backwords, Im going to flip it and report back!

Edit: changed it up, all is good, hits about 17psi perfect for my stock block. Thing rips!
      put it up to 20 psi. you can run 20 psi all day on that thing no worries. i usually runn 22-22.5 psi daily. the extra 3-5 psi is big HP

Vehicles
      2002 golf gti
      07-27-2012 07:46 PM #67
      I will try that out, its breaking up a little bit so I want to figure it all out before I up it a bit
      Heres some pictures, gotta clean the bay up a bit but after this I just wanted it back together.
      its running so-so I feel like there is a lot more there, but i'll have to check the exhaust/vac leaks first

50 trim'd up!

Vehicles
      07-27-2012 10:23 PM #68
      ^^^ Lookin good

Vehicles
      2002 golf gti
      08-02-2012 05:18 PM #69
      Finally got to seafoam it, have an exhaust leak turbo to downpipe. Could be that when I was installing it I couldnt get a proper gasket in time so I use a circle gasket that just went to two diagonal bolts. Going to try and tighten it down, if not I may try and pull it out and see what happens.

Running bkr7e at .028 Is that gap okay?

I just starting having another issue. going into gears at certain times feels spongy/hard. Not hard as it takes a while to get in, but it doesnt feel solid in there and feels spongy. usually its reverse and 1.

Could it just be linkage? Or possibly the clutch. I didnt have this issue before the before, and I havent really mashed any gears, so Im hoping it isnt the tranny itself.
      50 trim'd up!

35. 08-02-2012 06:31 PM #70
      Nice job duder

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast