Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Vancouver teen is going Big Turbo!

Vehicles
      01 Jetta Wolfsburg Ed, 04 Jetta GLI 24v 6spd
      09-11-2012 12:47 AM #141
      fx300 gets good reviews from what i can see. u might not have to get that spiffy tho
      My Thread Fk AK Coilovers, Full 3" Exhaust, Custom FMIC, Forge Evo14 BOV, Forge Unos MBC, Forge Throttle Body Hose, Prothane Dog Bone Mount, BFI STG 1 Eng/Trans Mounts, Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit, TT Short Shifter, Siemens 630s, Walbro 255, DBB Garrett 50 Trim Turbo Kit, Eurodyne 630cc MAFLESS PAGPARTS FTW -- STEVEBILT.COM -- Integrated Engineering -- FourSeasonTuning.com Don't Buy Anything From *ChunkyPeanuts*

Vehicles
      2002 golf gti
      10-05-2012 04:14 PM #142
      My next question is how long does it take to kill a o2 sensor?
      I recently put gaskets between turbo to o2 pipe, and wastegate to manifold to eliminate all my exhaust leaks. The only place I dont have a gasket is where the wastegate dumps into the o2 pipe.

I put these in, reset my trims and drove around. Within a day I had a hard code for being too rich again.

Just ordered a new o2 sensor. I am obviously going to seafoam again to ensure I have no leaks before I put it in.

Car stumbles a lot when first letting the clutch out, and often takes a few tries to start. Sounds like it wants to start but then will die, Always start with less than 3 tries.

Thoughts?
      50 trim'd up!
      http://ctsturbo.com-/thread

Vehicles
      10-05-2012 04:36 PM #143
      Quote Originally Posted by 20VCanuck View Post
      My next question is how long does it take to kill a o2 sensor?
      I recently put gaskets between turbo to o2 pipe, and wastegate to manifold to eliminate all my exhaust leaks. The only place I dont have a gasket is where the wastegate dumps into the o2 pipe.

I put these in, reset my trims and drove around. Within a day I had a hard code for being too rich again.

Just ordered a new o2 sensor. I am obviously going to seafoam again to ensure I have no leaks before I put it in.

Car stumbles a lot when first letting the clutch out, and often takes a few tries to start. Sounds like it wants to start but then will die, Always start with less than 3 tries.

Thoughts?
      hmmm, thats odd... my car used to eat o2 sensors when i first went BT... never had problems starting tho. those o2 sensors (bosch) have 100k mile warranty so you should not have to replace them often
      My Thread Fk AK Coilovers, Full 3" Exhaust, Custom FMIC, Forge Evo14 BOV, Forge Unos MBC, Forge Throttle Body Hose, Prothane Dog Bone Mount, BFI STG 1 Eng/Trans Mounts, Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit, TT Short Shifter, Siemens 630s, Walbro 255, DBB Garrett 50 Trim Turbo Kit, Eurodyne 630cc MAFLESS PAGPARTS FTW -- STEVEBILT.COM -- Integrated Engineering -- FourSeasonTuning.com Don't Buy Anything From *ChunkyPeanuts*

Vehicles
      2002 golf gti
      10-05-2012 04:43 PM #144
      Yeah it is very odd. My starting issue is on the back burner now, I was thinking it was maybe having to do with the evap lines I pulled.

Focusing on getting rid of the rich code. "If" I have no exhaust leaks (Will find out tomorrow) It either has to be the primary o2 or the tuning itself. Well other than a faulty injector or bad fuel pressure but those are less plausible.
      50 trim'd up!

Vehicles
      1995 Saturn SW1
      10-06-2012 07:39 AM #145
      build looks great so far!
      Quote Originally Posted by VadGTI View Post
      This thread is now about car cakes.
      Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
      Things I learned today: You don't have to pass grade 12 English to Manage a Honda dealership.

Vehicles
      2002 golf gti
      10-06-2012 03:51 PM #146
      Okay, no exhaust leaks anymore.

Im coming to think my not starting after sitting for awhile and being rich are related. Leaking injector maybe. Not going to put my new o2 in for fear of cooking it.

I guess the next logical step is to check fuel pressure.

I didnt see a port to check on the rail. Im guessing you have to T in? May just take it somewhere and get them to check it seeing I dont have a gauge anyway.
      50 trim'd up!

Vehicles
      2004 Jetta GLI Big Turbo, 2004 E500, 2011 Nissan Pathfinder, SEM MOTORSPORTS FTW!
      10-07-2012 07:48 AM #147
      Quote Originally Posted by Big_Tom View Post
      my base file idle's like poo. The new base file is a lot better in the midrange tho. Make sure you keep your vvt, it makes a difference

no your baileys dv wont be sufficient lol. 1" inlet = no good for big turbo. also you can run 20 psi all day on a 50 trim. i've been doing it since day 1 of BT in Feb 2010. i run 22-232 psi normally, but i've set the car back down to 20 psi since i got the new 630cc file
      Lol at Unitronic because they told me last week there are no updates for my 630cc mafless file that i got when i built my car 4 years ago yet big tom says there is. But I do like their tune.

Vehicles
      10-07-2012 08:00 AM #148
      ^^^ i have eurodyne software, i got their new file semi recently.... also, I am pretty sure UNi has updated their file within the last few years... Didn't this VVT stuff just get put back into a our big turbo tunes less than a year ago?

Vehicles
      2002 golf gti
      07-05-2014 12:16 AM #149
      I haven't really given any updates lately. So here's one, no longer a teen but anywho

Either way car was running great, installed a fx400 clutch and some other goodies and I finally decided to pull the trigger and put some damn rods in after 2 years of 17-18psi.

Here's some pics of the bay and stuff!

What can I expect going from 17 to 23ish psi? Will it be that noticeable?

50 trim'd up!

Vehicles
      98 GTI VrT_SOLD , 20th IY #1100 , 2010 Jetta
      07-05-2014 12:30 AM #150
      Quote Originally Posted by 20VCanuck View Post

What can I expect going from 17 to 23ish psi? Will it be that noticeable?
      You can expect this and you will notice the difference
      #1100 Garrett 50 trim-IE rods-Gen II 630s-Eurojet FMIC

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2003 VW GTI 1.8T
      07-05-2014 11:04 AM #151
      Quote Originally Posted by 3WheelnGTi View Post
      You can expect this and you will notice the difference
      u will notice a huge difference from 17 to 23 psi... at least i did.. i had the same setup as u a cts top mount kit but i got rid of mine for a pag parts kit.
      WTB:
      In search of a AEM EGT Gauge and AEM Fuel Pressure gauge

Vehicles
      2002 golf gti
      07-05-2014 04:10 PM #152
      Quote Originally Posted by NaSMK4 View Post
      u will notice a huge difference from 17 to 23 psi... at least i did.. i had the same setup as u a cts top mount kit but i got rid of mine for a pag parts kit.
      Thanks for the input, I don't think I will run it past that as I hear JB turbos don't like to be pushed past 25psi

Kinda wish I went pag just because I wish I had vband, but cts is a 30 min drive from me and they are good people can't thank them enough for all the help they have given me.
      50 trim'd up!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345