Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Do-it-Yourself camera mount for (internal) automotive use

Philly (now) <--> Bangkok 5555555 (later)
      Vehicles
      2001 Accord coupe V6 / 2013 Toyota Yaris / 2007 Kawasaki Ninja (DOA), 2005 Team Associated RC18t
      07-07-2012 10:08 AM #1
      I am wanting to do some in-car recording, of both the road ahead through the windshield and also possibly of the driver (while driving the car). This would be for my CRV, so I have a good bit of room to mount the gear, also the camera, shown below, is very lightweight, so the setup doen't need to be that robust or heavy duty, the camera is so small.

Here is the camera (shown with someones hand for size reference):

Ill be using the stock lens and battery. I also have a D/C -> A/C inverter so keeping the cam powered is not a problem.
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam Carolla
      "It shouldn't be called a radar detector, it should be called a rape detector. This is my own little electronic rape whistle."
      (ง'̀-'́)ง

2. Member
      Vehicles
      RWD Swedish Rectangle with 5spd transmission
      07-09-2012 10:29 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by Hogan View Post
      A lack of knowledge and facts has never once slowed down The Car Lounge.
      Quote Originally Posted by alexislow View Post
      Can we get pictures of your feet in return? Just the feet.

3. 09-07-2012 11:22 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by KeiCar View Post
      I am wanting to do some in-car recording, of both the road ahead through the windshield and also possibly of the driver (while driving the car). This would be for my CRV, so I have a good bit of room to mount the gear, also the camera, shown below, is very lightweight, so the setup doen't need to be that robust or heavy duty, the camera is so small.

Here is the camera (shown with someones hand for size reference):

Ill be using the stock lens and battery. I also have a D/C -> A/C inverter so keeping the cam powered is not a problem.
      I generally find the best method is to long strip of rigid wood/plastic/metal and drill holes that correspond with the prongs on each headrest. Then simply remove both front headrests and replace them with their prongs running through the holes on the strip, so as to create a bar horizontally between both front seats. From there add a tripod mounting screw to the middle of the bar giving you a cheap camera mount forward facing directly in the middle of the car.

Hope this is a help!