Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Replacement decal logos for Greenland Polo + NSU moped. Help with SVG files.

Vehicles
      VW Fox 16v
      07-10-2012 10:12 AM #1
      As discussed in this thread: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...Greenland-Polo , I would like to make some replacement decals for my 1999 VW Polo that was imported to the USA from Greenland

I would really appreciate help making the SVG files, as, well, I suck at it I'm making this new thread to keep the measurements etc in one place, which will hopefully make it simpler. My basic plotter program can only use SVG files.

On a related subject, I'm open to ideas for recreating two NSU badges that I need for my 1950/60s german moped restoration too. As a interim I was thinking about having stickers made that would do for now - perhaps the shield outline with NSU and some simplified lines instead of all of the details that the badge include.

Polo:

NSU badge:

TIA!!
      | œ Orchid Euro Importation œ |

Currently driving or working on too many cars...
      | '93 Fox 16v - PVW | '99 Greenland Polo Diesel | '89 Rallye Golf | '83 Golf GTi RHD | '75 Swallowtail |
      | '82 Caddy 1.9D | '85 VW LT Car Transporter | Mk2 Jetta Limo | '90 Jetta 8V | '96 VW LT35D | '03 SpintLT35 | '02 GTI 337 | '03 GTI 20v |
      | '09 Aprilia RS125 | '81 Kawasaki AR80 | '59 NSU Quickly | '64 Honda Cub C65 + '65 C105 | Trek Madone 7.9 | Trek Crockett 9 |

2. Senior Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      07-10-2012 02:04 PM #2
      From the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by the brit View Post
      Woah. Thank you, that's awesome...
      Not a problem. The photo was naturally out of kilter, so I've squared it up and made sure the logo was even. I'll be taking it into Illustrator next so that I can render it. (As opposed to squaring everything up in Photoshop)
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

3. Senior Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      07-10-2012 02:18 PM #3
      Do you have a drop-box somewhere? Photobucket won't let me upload an SVG file.

I can't say I'm surprised, though. Hell, I can't really complain, it doesn't cost any money!

Vehicles
      VW Fox 16v
      07-10-2012 02:49 PM #4
      I sent you a PM with my email address. Thank you for your help!!

| '93 Fox 16v - PVW | '99 Greenland Polo Diesel | '89 Rallye Golf | '83 Golf GTi RHD | '75 Swallowtail |
      | '82 Caddy 1.9D | '85 VW LT Car Transporter | Mk2 Jetta Limo | '90 Jetta 8V | '96 VW LT35D | '03 SpintLT35 | '02 GTI 337 | '03 GTI 20v |
      | '09 Aprilia RS125 | '81 Kawasaki AR80 | '59 NSU Quickly | '64 Honda Cub C65 + '65 C105 | Trek Madone 7.9 | Trek Crockett 9 |

5. 07-11-2012 05:15 PM #5
      They requested an svg file specifically? That's odd.
      MK4 Junker : PAG 50trim Kit : AEB : RMR : Eurodyne
      P.P.T. - Pag Parts Turbo
      B6 A4 : Slow

Vehicles
      VW Fox 16v
      07-11-2012 05:31 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by screwball View Post
      They requested an svg file specifically? That's odd.
      It's my fault. I use my wife's craft plotter thing to cut vinyl when I need it - it's kind of a abusive use for it compared to the small run scrapbooking etc that it's meant for, but it works well. The big issue is that the software that I use to expand it beyond the hobby stuff only uses the SVG format, and it doesn't allow me to edit the files at all basically. But in the end, it works fine and let's me DIY another part of my builds when the need arises.

I'm very much not one to use PS (well, PSP 7.04 in my case, which says more that I ever could about my graphic and design skills), so I'm blown away by the tricks and skills everyone uses to make things.

This is what ADWDM made for the Greenland Contractors logo, which is absolutely awesome :

It would have taken my hours of creating it from scratch in Paint Shop Pro, and it still wouldn't have ended up looking 1/2 as good as that.

7. Senior Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      07-11-2012 07:42 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by the brit View Post
      This is what ADWDM made for the Greenland Contractors logo, which is absolutely awesome :

It would have taken my hours of creating it from scratch in Paint Shop Pro, and it still wouldn't have ended up looking 1/2 as good as that.
      I'm glad it works for you. That was a simple .jpg file to show how it looks. Just so others know, the vector file has a simple black line around a white field. The software should be able to understand it just fine.

If it needs refinement, just let me know as it's really easy to modify now that it's made.