Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2006 Jetta driver side front window not working

Vehicles
      2006 VW Jetta 2.0T
      07-11-2012 06:26 PM #1
      Hello,

I have researched and took the time to take apart my door panel and exterior door skin to investigate why my driver front side window won't roll up or down. When I press on the switch, there is a 'electronic click' noise but no function of the window. Many past VW owners say it's the window regulator but I don't see anything faulty with mine. The tension of the cables are all strong and there are no tangles or anything visibly damaged to the regular and rails. It rolls down and up smoothly when I pull it down and up.

I already checked the fuse first thing and it's still in tact. The door switch operates all other windows and child lock. It even lights up. So, I eliminated the switch as a problem.

I took the gamble to buy a new motor and module, installed it and it still does not roll up/down. Same issue.

I checked the harness around the door jam, and though everything is wrapped, it doesnt' appear that anything is wrong.

What is left for me to check?

Any input would be appreciated.

Old motor:

New Motor:

2006 VW Jetta 2.0T Platinum Gray/Anthracite / Luxury Leather Package / Bi-Xenons
      APR Tuned Stage II / Fujita Intake / Autotech Cat-Back / 3" Downpipe w/High flow cat / Forge DV
      KW Varient I / 19" VMR V701 / Continental ExtremeContact DW / Adam's Rotors / Hawks HPS / 5/20/35% tint

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2005 Jetta 2.5
      07-11-2012 06:48 PM #2
      I have a similar occasional problem, mine is damaged wires in the harness though. If yours are wrapped in something not factory its probably worth the extra step to remove the wire wrapping and make sure there's not damage underneath.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      06 2.5 jetta
      07-12-2012 11:08 AM #3
      The power wire for the window motor is cracked in the harness. You can either spend $250 bucks to replace or you can repair it. This is a complete how-to

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a...tta-repair.htm

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2005 Jetta 2.5
      07-12-2012 02:14 PM #4
      Get your part no. With your von from the dealer and then look around at parts distributors online and it'll be cheaper. I've tried splicing and soldering my wires and eventually they break again because they lack the necessary flexibility. What's posted above is a stopgap that will definitely work for a few months but eventually you'll probably end up with broken wires again.

Vehicles
      2005.5 VW Jetta 2.5
      07-12-2012 03:50 PM #5
      It's the power to the motor in the wire harness. You can drop some coin at a shop, or try to repair the broken wire yourself. But those harnesses are notorious for issues. You may fix the motor wire, and break another one. I followed problems for weeks, and decided to just replace the harness.
      2005.5 Jetta 2.5

Vehicles
      2006 VW Jetta 2.0T
      07-14-2012 05:20 PM #6
      Thanks guys. This took a alot of headache and time for me. I wish I had posted this earlier before I went out and performed the task myself to result in no real progress....i ended up at my mechanic to discover that it was in fact a frayed wire at the door jam. It costed me 2 hrs with of labour...and we all know how much mechanics want an hour.

The unfortunate part is that the exterior door skins needs to be removed in order to full access the and repair the wire. There isn't much room to solder, tape and full repair the wires. I didn't end up getting a new harness....we'll see how well it holds up.

Thanks again....i'm now left with a good window motor I could sell...anyone?
      2006 VW Jetta 2.0T Platinum Gray/Anthracite / Luxury Leather Package / Bi-Xenons
      APR Tuned Stage II / Fujita Intake / Autotech Cat-Back / 3" Downpipe w/High flow cat / Forge DV
      KW Varient I / 19" VMR V701 / Continental ExtremeContact DW / Adam's Rotors / Hawks HPS / 5/20/35% tint

7. 09-16-2013 12:45 PM #7
      Awesome thread ladies and gents! I seriously thought I had a bad motor but logically every now and then it does not roll back up which tells me this is a wiring issue.

I'm def gonna get charged the 2-hours to have my baby fixed and if it weren't the driver's side window we'd keep moving!

I swear the ONLY issues I ever have with my TDI is electrical issues and I'm good with that! Better that then the engine! Thanks again all!