Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Results 71 to 105 of 148

    Thread: Borla ATAK Dual-Pipe Cat-Back w/ X-Pipe for TT-RS

    1. 08-06-2012 05:52 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by hightechrdn View Post
      Can you post up a video of the car with the diffuser outside on pavement? That would help provide a better view of the effect and better lighting to see how it blends with the factory rear valance, shape of the car, etc.

      If the diffuser looks good when the car is off the lift and our of the shop, you have most likely earned another customer. I have to wait until Q4 before having some free money to modify my TT-RS, but the time is coming quickly

      Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
      Sure we can when we have a production component. Thanks!

    2. 08-15-2012 07:12 PM #72
      Optional Borla Exhaust Diffuser* (available Oct. 2012)
      *fits only Borla 140473 Cat-Back Exhaust..

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nslBz2A2CPQ

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 29th, 2012
      Location
      Jensen Beach, FL
      Posts
      186
      Vehicles
      2013 Audi TT RS
      08-15-2012 10:42 PM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by Dan.S View Post
      And one last comment... People (for the vast majority) who tend to modify there cars for performance gains could care less about being quiet and civilized. Hence why they modify for power gains to begin with. Just because its a more expensive start, doesn't mean the attitude is any different than a kid who puts a card in his wheel spokes...


      Call me a "kid" because I like a loud, mean sounding car.... Wow, yeah, nailed that one didnt you... Or is it because I own a louder, cheaper car.... way to throw millions of people into that group!
      I have to agree with dan here, I want performance gains and if that means louder... well even better

    4. Member Optimus812's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 5th, 2012
      Posts
      202
      Vehicles
      2015 Audi A3
      08-16-2012 12:05 AM #74
      Wow, this exhaust sounds mean... I wonder how this will sound connected to the APR downpipe I ordered!
      2015 Audi A3 2.0 - APR STG 1 Tune, Lowered on H&R SS Springs
      2014 Jaguar F Type V8S Conv

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 14th, 2000
      Posts
      7,055
      Vehicles
      2012 TT-RS
      08-16-2012 12:23 AM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by Optimus812 View Post
      Wow, this exhaust sounds mean... I wonder how this will sound connected to the APR downpipe I ordered!
      Your neighbors will hate you.
      2012 TT-RS in Suzuka Gray

    6. Member Optimus812's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 5th, 2012
      Posts
      202
      Vehicles
      2015 Audi A3
      08-16-2012 01:44 AM #76
      Are these now available to purchase thru the website?? I tried to buy one but it gave me an web error when I clicked the submit button.
      2015 Audi A3 2.0 - APR STG 1 Tune, Lowered on H&R SS Springs
      2014 Jaguar F Type V8S Conv

    7. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 7th, 2011
      Location
      Nevada
      Posts
      21
      Vehicles
      1937 Ford 5 window coupe, 1964 Lotus Elan roadster, 2012 TT RS
      08-16-2012 10:47 AM #77
      Oh no, not another nice sounding video to watch!. Hey Alvin, when are they going to start shipping the first run on the 140473 exhaust out of Borla Tennessee? Going crazy waiting for my order thanks to these video's!

    8. 08-16-2012 12:56 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by Optimus812 View Post
      Are these now available to purchase thru the website?? I tried to buy one but it gave me an web error when I clicked the submit button.
      Cat-Back available online here...
      http://www.borla.com/products/produc...rod_sku=140473
      Or you can shop our dealers for your best price.

      Optional Exhaust Diffuser available Oct.'2012

    9. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 27th, 2008
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      151
      Vehicles
      2001 Audi A4
      08-16-2012 01:05 PM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by alvint@borla View Post
      This is (mostly) an aesthetic component that also functions to reduce drag below our mufflers.

      What's most unique about our Exhaust Diffuser is the direct attachment to our cat-back and no direct contact to the OE body panels. It is simple to install and removed.

      Thanks again for your interest in Borla!

      Hey Alvin,
      I must say that the exhaust diffuser is quite a unique and appealing idea. You stated October 2012, are you on schedule with production? Ballpark price? My concern with the cat-back design is the ease of working with and temperatures that affect the Haldex system controller. If I order at this point, when can I expect delivery? Is diffuser a diy job? You see, I want to use your cat-back in conjunction with either a 034 or APR downpipe. What do think?

    10. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 5th, 2012
      Posts
      40
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT RS
      08-16-2012 06:36 PM #80
      I'm going with the APR downpipe and Borla catback...just guessing based on what's been said that they'll mate up. Will post clips once installed.

    11. Member Optimus812's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 5th, 2012
      Posts
      202
      Vehicles
      2015 Audi A3
      08-16-2012 06:56 PM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by blackout-rs View Post
      I'm going with the APR downpipe and Borla catback...just guessing based on what's been said that they'll mate up. Will post clips once installed.
      I'm 99% sure they will mate up. I just ordered the Borla exhaust thru Summit Racing (seemed to have the best price) and the APR downpipe thru APR. Can't wait to hear what they sound like together!

      Just talked with Alvin from Borla on the phone, really great guy and was very informative about the exhaust and how they sound on our cars. Thanks again Alvin for the info.

      Dave
      2015 Audi A3 2.0 - APR STG 1 Tune, Lowered on H&R SS Springs
      2014 Jaguar F Type V8S Conv

    12. 08-17-2012 10:52 AM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by Optimus812 View Post
      I'm 99% sure they will mate up. I just ordered the Borla exhaust thru Summit Racing (seemed to have the best price) and the APR downpipe thru APR. Can't wait to hear what they sound like together!

      Just talked with Alvin from Borla on the phone, really great guy and was very informative about the exhaust and how they sound on our cars. Thanks again Alvin for the info.

      Dave
      thanks Dave.

      FYI, we plan to have systems available in 2-weeks. These systems will be completed and shipped from our facility in CA.

    13. 08-17-2012 11:26 AM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by alvint@borla View Post
      Optional Borla Exhaust Diffuser* (available Oct. 2012)
      *fits only Borla 140473 Cat-Back Exhaust..

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nslBz2A2CPQ

      The exhaust Diffusor is a nice touch but i would have developed it as a joined part with the rearbumper diffusor.
      Nobody's Tomorrow is Guaranteed.

    14. 08-17-2012 10:35 PM #84
      I'm sure a body panel bolt-on diffuser is available for your TT-RS.

      I've personally received positive comments and interest on our innovative design approach. Thanks again for your interest in Borla!

    15. 08-18-2012 02:12 PM #85
      Please post up a video of the combination!

      Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

    16. 08-19-2012 09:01 PM #86
      Quote Originally Posted by hightechrdn View Post
      Please post up a video of the combination!

      Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
      TT-RS here has Exhaust Diffuser installed... sorry for poor lighting. Spoke to customer and he's pleased with both cat-back exhaust and exhaust diffuser.
      https://www.youtube.com/my_videos_ed...id=nslBz2A2CPQ

    17. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 27th, 2008
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      151
      Vehicles
      2001 Audi A4
      08-20-2012 12:17 PM #87
      Quote Originally Posted by alvint@borla View Post
      TT-RS here has Exhaust Diffuser installed... sorry for poor lighting. Spoke to customer and he's pleased with both cat-back exhaust and exhaust diffuser.
      https://www.youtube.com/my_videos_ed...id=nslBz2A2CPQ
      Links not bringing up vid, another link?

    18. 08-20-2012 02:10 PM #88
      It's the same video as above

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nslBz2A2CPQ

    19. 08-21-2012 10:56 AM #89
      Quote Originally Posted by JohnLZ7W View Post
      It's the same video as above

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nslBz2A2CPQ
      correct it's the same video.

    20. 08-21-2012 02:34 PM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by alvint@borla View Post
      correct it's the same video.
      Sounds and looks awesome BTW. I'm working on selling some old mods from my mk1 so I can get an order placed

    21. 08-21-2012 05:23 PM #91
      Quote Originally Posted by JohnLZ7W View Post
      Sounds and looks awesome BTW. I'm working on selling some old mods from my mk1 so I can get an order placed

    22. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      Apr 16th, 2011
      Location
      Ventura County
      Posts
      19
      Vehicles
      2013 A6Q 3.0T
      08-22-2012 12:10 AM #92
      This system makes the TTRS sound amazing in person. Another top notch system from the guys at Borla. I want this growl from my TT Roadster.
      2011 TTQ Roadster
      2013 A6Q 3.0T

    23. 08-22-2012 12:59 AM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by OttoBahn97 View Post
      This system makes the TTRS sound amazing in person. Another top notch system from the guys at Borla. I want this growl from my TT Roadster.

    24. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 27th, 2008
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      151
      Vehicles
      2001 Audi A4
      08-25-2012 10:45 PM #94
      Quote Originally Posted by alvint@borla View Post
      correct it's the same video.
      Hey Alvin,

      Is production on schedule? I ordered mine through a dealer. Want to flaunt for possible H2O trip.

    25. 08-27-2012 01:09 AM #95
      We're building systems in CA this week for those who've placed orders direct and through our dealers. They'll be shipping as soon as they're completed. Thanks for your patience!

    26. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 16th, 2012
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      49
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT-RS, 2012 Audi A5 3.2
      08-29-2012 05:00 PM #96
      Hey guys... I promised some video of my Borla system a while ago. My apologies, I've been incredibly busy with life in general and sadly haven't had much time for my car (as evidenced by how filthy it is on the outside).

      Anyway, here’s a couple videos. As many have said in this post already, the video simply cannot capture the sound, but here goes...

      First, here's a quick cold start & idle vid:





      Next, here’s an in-car video, with a mixture of windows up and windows down driving.

      **WARNING: If there are any who suffer from seizures or get motion sick, just listen & don’t watch My camera mount was shaky as hell for this video. That, coupled with CT’s supremely ****ty roads makes this miserable to watch. But the sounds comes through, and that’s the point of the vid. **

      The first 2:35 of the vid is windows down driving. Then it’s windows up until around the 6:30 mark when I put them back down for about a minute & then it’s windows up the rest of the way.

      I tried to do a mixture of some hard accelerations, coupled with some normal/docile cruising:



      And lastly, a quick launch/acceleration vid from outside:




      In summary, I’m still just as happy & impressed with this system as the day it was installed. And since that day, I’ve daily driven my car for a full month and took a road trip that was over than 300 miles. I haven’t tired of the sound one bit: no highway drone, relatively docile but more “open” sounding than stock around town, and tons of noise when you really get on it!

      Many thanks again to Alvin and the guys at Borla. This is an A+++ quality product with the company/customer service to match.

    27. Member Black BeauTTy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 11th, 2011
      Location
      SE, PA
      Posts
      1,158
      08-29-2012 05:37 PM #97
      Good stuff Mike! We need to meet up and do a good comparison video for everyone. We need an APR and Milltek car too. Who's up for a NE tuned TTRS GTG?
      2012 TTRS: Daytona Gray (wrapped in Avery Dark Gray Matte Metallic and Gloss Black) , CF Mirrors, Nexon CF Steering Wheel, OSIR Coolant Tank CF Shield, Tinted Tails
      GIAC Stage 2, AWE SwitchPath + cat-deletes, AWE FMIC, H&R RSB, MSS Sport Springs, AWE Boost Gauge, Wheels: HRE P40 19x9 et50; Borbet LV5 18x8 et35; TSW Interlagos 18x9.5 et53 w/Mich PSS 275/35

    28. Member Optimus812's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 5th, 2012
      Posts
      202
      Vehicles
      2015 Audi A3
      08-29-2012 05:42 PM #98
      Quote Originally Posted by krenshaw View Post
      Hey guys... I promised some video of my Borla system a while ago. My apologies, I've been incredibly busy with life in general and sadly haven't had much time for my car (as evidenced by how filthy it is on the outside).

      Anyway, here’s a couple videos. As many have said in this post already, the video simply cannot capture the sound, but here goes...

      First, here's a quick cold start & idle vid:





      Next, here’s an in-car video, with a mixture of windows up and windows down driving.

      **WARNING: If there are any who suffer from seizures or get motion sick, just listen & don’t watch My camera mount was shaky as hell for this video. That, coupled with CT’s supremely ****ty roads makes this miserable to watch. But the sounds comes through, and that’s the point of the vid. **

      The first 2:35 of the vid is windows down driving. Then it’s windows up until around the 6:30 mark when I put them back down for about a minute & then it’s windows up the rest of the way.

      I tried to do a mixture of some hard accelerations, coupled with some normal/docile cruising:



      And lastly, a quick launch/acceleration vid from outside:




      In summary, I’m still just as happy & impressed with this system as the day it was installed. And since that day, I’ve daily driven my car for a full month and took a road trip that was over than 300 miles. I haven’t tired of the sound one bit: no highway drone, relatively docile but more “open” sounding than stock around town, and tons of noise when you really get on it!

      Many thanks again to Alvin and the guys at Borla. This is an A+++ quality product with the company/customer service to match.
      Nice video, thanks for doing this for us! I think this combo sounds great and look forward to hear how the Borla sounds on mine with the APR downpipe.

      Dave
      2015 Audi A3 2.0 - APR STG 1 Tune, Lowered on H&R SS Springs
      2014 Jaguar F Type V8S Conv

    29. 08-30-2012 12:10 AM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by krenshaw View Post
      Hey guys... I promised some video of my Borla system a while ago. My apologies, I've been incredibly busy with life in general and sadly haven't had much time for my car (as evidenced by how filthy it is on the outside).
      Thanks so much for posting these! It's great to get some more real-world driving vids of aftermarket exhausts. Very pleased to hear that it mostly keeps the stock exhaust note but just dials it up a bit. Looking forward to getting this on my car with the secondary cat delete pipes.

    30. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 16th, 2012
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      49
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT-RS, 2012 Audi A5 3.2
      08-30-2012 10:10 AM #100
      Glad you guys enjoyed the vids! Again, it really is hard to depict the true sound in video, but this does give you a pretty good idea. I'm going to try to get some more/better outside the car acceleration vids -- mostly for my own enjoyment, since I never get to hear it from that perspective!

      I forgot to mention in my post that I was recently surprised to come home and find my AWE parts (FMIC and cat deletes) had arrived earlier this week. My schedule is pretty tight in the next few weeks and it's going to be tough to reschedule with my shop (after the extra-long wait for these parts) to get everything installed and get the car tuned. I'll certainly try to get some vids of the exhaust and cat delete combo up once they're installed.

      Mike: I'm definitely up for another GTG, although probably not until later, towards Fall for me.

      Dave: It'll be really cool to hear whatever differences there may be between the combo of exhaust and cat deletes versus the APR downpipe w/ this exhaust. I'd love to hear a vid of it with the APR once you get it installed.
      Last edited by krenshaw; 08-31-2012 at 10:29 AM.

    31. Member Black BeauTTy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 11th, 2011
      Location
      SE, PA
      Posts
      1,158
      08-30-2012 05:30 PM #101
      Just for kicks and a relative comparison, I tried to duplicate Mike's cold start video this morning with my crappy cell phone! Mine has the secondary deletes in place so that will make a difference too. To my tin ear, it sounds like the AWE straddles the Borla depending on valve position. What do you guys hear. Oh, unlike Mike, I felt compelled to do some revving after warm up!

      2012 TTRS: Daytona Gray (wrapped in Avery Dark Gray Matte Metallic and Gloss Black) , CF Mirrors, Nexon CF Steering Wheel, OSIR Coolant Tank CF Shield, Tinted Tails
      GIAC Stage 2, AWE SwitchPath + cat-deletes, AWE FMIC, H&R RSB, MSS Sport Springs, AWE Boost Gauge, Wheels: HRE P40 19x9 et50; Borbet LV5 18x8 et35; TSW Interlagos 18x9.5 et53 w/Mich PSS 275/35

    32. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 27th, 2008
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      151
      Vehicles
      2001 Audi A4
      08-30-2012 11:51 PM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by krenshaw View Post
      Hey guys... I promised some video of my Borla system a while ago. My apologies, I've been incredibly busy with life in general and sadly haven't had much time for my car (as evidenced by how filthy it is on the outside).

      Anyway, here’s a couple videos. As many have said in this post already, the video simply cannot capture the sound, but here goes...

      First, here's a quick cold start & idle vid:





      Next, here’s an in-car video, with a mixture of windows up and windows down driving.

      **WARNING: If there are any who suffer from seizures or get motion sick, just listen & don’t watch My camera mount was shaky as hell for this video. That, coupled with CT’s supremely ****ty roads makes this miserable to watch. But the sounds comes through, and that’s the point of the vid. **

      The first 2:35 of the vid is windows down driving. Then it’s windows up until around the 6:30 mark when I put them back down for about a minute & then it’s windows up the rest of the way.

      I tried to do a mixture of some hard accelerations, coupled with some normal/docile cruising:



      And lastly, a quick launch/acceleration vid from outside:




      In summary, I’m still just as happy & impressed with this system as the day it was installed. And since that day, I’ve daily driven my car for a full month and took a road trip that was over than 300 miles. I haven’t tired of the sound one bit: no highway drone, relatively docile but more “open” sounding than stock around town, and tons of noise when you really get on it!

      Many thanks again to Alvin and the guys at Borla. This is an A+++ quality product with the company/customer service to match.
      Krenshaw: So you do not have cat-deletes on your vids?

    33. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 27th, 2008
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      151
      Vehicles
      2001 Audi A4
      08-30-2012 11:53 PM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by nj_v-dub View Post
      Krenshaw: So you do not have cat-deletes on your vids?
      Sorry, just read rest of thread. Answers NO.

    34. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 16th, 2012
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      49
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT-RS, 2012 Audi A5 3.2
      08-31-2012 10:07 AM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by Black BeauTTy View Post
      Just for kicks and a relative comparison, I tried to duplicate Mike's cold start video this morning with my crappy cell phone! Mine has the secondary deletes in place so that will make a difference too. To my tin ear, it sounds like the AWE straddles the Borla depending on valve position. What do you guys hear. Oh, unlike Mike, I felt compelled to do some revving after warm up!

      Good stuff Michael! I think, on video, the AWE (valves open) and Borla do sound similar at cold start and idle. I think we'll only notice the subtle differences in tone when hearing it in person. Either way, both sound pretty sweet!
      Last edited by krenshaw; 08-31-2012 at 10:28 AM.

    35. Member Black BeauTTy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 11th, 2011
      Location
      SE, PA
      Posts
      1,158
      08-31-2012 11:11 AM #105
      I know, none of the videos, even the profession ones, capture the true sound that you hear live. It makes buying tough on folks that don't have the luxury to hear them live...or during development. I think a video that has all of them together at the same time might at least help from a relative perspective. Honestly though, I bet they all sound good and I'd love to be part of it!
      2012 TTRS: Daytona Gray (wrapped in Avery Dark Gray Matte Metallic and Gloss Black) , CF Mirrors, Nexon CF Steering Wheel, OSIR Coolant Tank CF Shield, Tinted Tails
      GIAC Stage 2, AWE SwitchPath + cat-deletes, AWE FMIC, H&R RSB, MSS Sport Springs, AWE Boost Gauge, Wheels: HRE P40 19x9 et50; Borbet LV5 18x8 et35; TSW Interlagos 18x9.5 et53 w/Mich PSS 275/35

    Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •