Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Wiring diagram request

Vehicles
      To many to lsit
      07-14-2012 07:13 PM #1
      So I purchased the fog light kit from ECS for my wife's 2012 TDi. Quickly I will state that kit is nice (as its all OEM with exception of the harness) an complete, as well as well worth the price.

I have access to Ebaun however my access stops at 2009. I was wondering if someone can post the wiring diagram or know the pin number for the fog light wire into the connector on the back of the headlight switch. I apologize if I'm not making myself clear. If I'm not doing so please let me know.

Once I have the info neededi will post a DIY forth read for the sticky.

Thanks is in advance

Vehicles
      2012 VW Jetta SE with Convienence and Sunroof
      07-15-2012 03:02 AM #2
      On the ECS tuning site, they have a PDF file on the fog light kit installation. It's Pin #8 btw.
      2012 Jetta SE with Conv. and Sunroof
      Instagram: Carlito821

Vehicles
      To many to lsit
      07-15-2012 10:34 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by CJetta821 View Post
      On the ECS tuning site, they have a PDF file on the fog light kit installation. It's Pin #8 btw.
      Soooo ya, I checked their site when the kit first arrived an didn't find anything on installation. Well apparently my skills of searching suck because sure enough I went back and looked again a tada there it is. Thanks man

Vehicles
      07-15-2012 09:22 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by LoDub1.8T View Post
      Soooo ya, I checked their site when the kit first arrived an didn't find anything on installation. Well apparently my skills of searching suck because sure enough I went back and looked again a tada there it is. Thanks man
      Sure thing. Pretty easy install too. Took me about an hour.

Vehicles
      To many to lsit
      07-16-2012 09:22 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by CJetta821 View Post
      Sure thing. Pretty easy install too. Took me about an hour.
      So i'm assuming you've done this install?

Where did you put your relay? Also where did you put your ground leads. I've scoped a few good spots, would just be nice to hear were others have hidden their relay.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta S
      07-16-2012 02:03 PM #6
      If you have a highline module you dont need to use their relay, in fact you can install it OEM style and gain the cornering function.

Vehicles
      07-16-2012 05:39 PM #7
      I pretty much followed the directions of the ECS tuning installation. The ground leads I did to a bolt near the the fog lights, it's a small torx screw.

Vehicles
      To many to lsit
      07-18-2012 02:02 PM #8
      What exactly is the "highline" model. My wifes TDi is rear disc brakes, no nav no sunroof

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta S
      07-18-2012 04:33 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by LoDub1.8T View Post
      What exactly is the "highline" model. My wifes TDi is rear disc brakes, no nav no sunroof
      I know this isn't very scientific but based on the information I've gathered, each type (S, SE, SEL, and TDI) of car should have the same CCM (comfort control module). Meaning I don't think it matters if you have a TDI with nav vs. with nav because it should have the same CCM as the other TDI's.

A true Highline has three connectors on the CCM but I think only the GLI has this type of CCM.

Anyway the CCM in the TDI and SEL should be able to support OEM style fog lights. You can check this by examining the pins on the CCM.

Furthermore you can be certain of the capabilities of the CCM by opening it. I do NOT recommend doing this as most people are not knowledgeable enough to do so. If you make a mistake you can break the CCM and that is something you don't want to do.

Vehicles
      To many to lsit
      07-20-2012 11:10 AM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by Verebs1 View Post
      I know this isn't very scientific but based on the information I've gathered, each type (S, SE, SEL, and TDI) of car should have the same CCM (comfort control module). Meaning I don't think it matters if you have a TDI with nav vs. with nav because it should have the same CCM as the other TDI's.

A true Highline has three connectors on the CCM but I think only the GLI has this type of CCM.

Anyway the CCM in the TDI and SEL should be able to support OEM style fog lights. You can check this by examining the pins on the CCM.

Furthermore you can be certain of the capabilities of the CCM by opening it. I do NOT recommend doing this as most people are not knowledgeable enough to do so. If you make a mistake you can break the CCM and that is something you don't want to do.

This is SOLID info. Im not to worried about opening the CCM. I work at an aftermarket VW facility in nashville. Our bread an butter is mk5 an below. Hadnt played with mk6 much with the exception of installing a LSD in an 02Q trans. Other downfall being all the wiring diagram resources I have stop at 2009.

If I had access to the wiring diagrams for the newer stuff I wouldnt be asking for help

Vehicles
      To many to lsit
      07-20-2012 12:29 PM #11
      Although I would like to clarify one thing. What im gathering from your post is that the fogs are supported by the CCM. Am I reading this properly?

Vehicles
      07-20-2012 03:01 PM #12
      Yes it supports it.