Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Introduction and Stasis/Suspension/Refresh install

1. 07-15-2012 01:12 PM #1
      Hi guys/girls,

Just wanted to introduce myself (Chris) and brother (Shawn/codewhore). I've done a little posting on this forum, but mostly lurking since January. I've been an Audi/VW guy since 1999 and have had 4 Audis - a couple A4's and an S4 and now have this 2001, 225 Quattro Coupe 6 speed. We are planning on building this car up to a tarmac rally car to run in the Targa Newfoundland in the next couple years. We will also do some tracking of the car.

But, honestly, this is a way to get into wrenching a car, which we have only done a little in the past (a little suspension/brake work). We also don't have piles to invest in the car, but will make key purchases and work towards a great car (which is why the Targa goal will take a couple years!)

We have not done much since February when we bought it other than the Competition Haldex controller and some other minor things. The car just went through a bearing and axel replacement, too, which we did not tackle.

So we have our first major sets of projects coming up. We just took delivery of a bunch of pieces, including a Stasis/Alcon BBK, DEFCONs, MM Control Arms. The front end of the car is in major need of love, so we are mostly handling the front suspension components and replacing some other failing parts:

• Stasis/Alcon 328mm front BBK, brake lines
      • Stasis/Alcon 280mm rear, brake lines
      • DEFCON ultimate bushings
      • MM Control Arms
      • MM DV
      • Panzer Plate
      • Diesel Geek Timing Belt kit
      • Tie Rod ends
      • Sway bar links
      • Strut mounts
      • Ball joints
      • outer CV Boot
      • Airbag Module
      • O2 Sensor
      • N75 Module

We are starting on the build today. Hopefully goes well!

After this, the worst VISIBLE thing on the car are the totally butchered wheels! Need some daily driver wheels as well as a set of Braid Competition Wheels. Guess I should keep my eyes open for a cheap set of used 18's in decent shape for the DD.
      2013 S4 :: Lava Grey :: 6spd :: Sport Dif :: V710
      2001 TT - 225 Quattro coupe :: Silver/Black :: 6spd :: STaSIS BBK front & back :: Defcons :: Haldex Comp Controller :: MadMax DV :: MadMax Control Arms :: turning into a Targa Rally car
      Previous 2009 A4, 2005 A4, 2004 S4

2. 07-15-2012 01:17 PM #2
      I forgot to thank some of the people who helped us in finding the gear:

Alex at Europrice for the brakes. These are going to be amazing.
      Mike at MCPi for the DEFCONs, DV and control arms.
      DieselGeek crew for the Panzer Plate and Timing Belt kit
      ECS was great, too, although did not work with anyone in particular.

And thanks to everyone on this forum - the reason I got to Alex and DieselGeek and Mike is because of the info gleaned from all of you on this forum. For my A4 I have generally been happy with AZ, but I prefer this forum for its focus on the MKI.

Cheers
      2013 S4 :: Lava Grey :: 6spd :: Sport Dif :: V710
      2001 TT - 225 Quattro coupe :: Silver/Black :: 6spd :: STaSIS BBK front & back :: Defcons :: Haldex Comp Controller :: MadMax DV :: MadMax Control Arms :: turning into a Targa Rally car
      Previous 2009 A4, 2005 A4, 2004 S4

3. 07-15-2012 01:55 PM #3
      Looking good Chris and welcome aboard!

(I literally just sent you an email 5 min ago and I found your thread here)

Vehicles
      Corrado SLC , TT 225QC , E39 540i, 9-3ss, B5 A4
      07-17-2012 06:34 PM #4
      In for Targa prep

I hope to make it up in the next couple years. Looks like an awesome event to partake in
      -Noah

Quote Originally Posted by Señor Peligro View Post
      I'm not endorsing the purchase of a Saab, cause I'd rather gargle battery acid. It was merely the best example I could think of.