Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: trouble with my engine! need help

1. 07-15-2012 05:20 PM #1
      Hi, I had some trouble with my engine at the begining of this summer, it was running like crap at 3k rpm at 5k rpm.

So I read the tread on that problem in this tread and did a big tune up on my corrado.

I changed: fuel pump, all vaccum line, spark plugs, rotor and distributor, blue and black sensor in coolant, boost hose clamp, clean all injectors, injectors seals, clean up throttle body and intake.

I repared a lot of electric wires too in the engine bay that was very bad!

After all, I tried to start my engine, but it would'nt start.

Fire was ok, but when I looked for fuel I had fuel at my fuel rail, but I did'nt have fuel at the return of the FPR, is that supposed to be ok?

It' s looked like I had fire, but I'm not sure that my fuel injection work!

I check my timing to be sure that it was ok and I think it's good!

I'm not a mechanic, but I dont know what I have to check and In the benmtley they always talk about tha VAG ....

I mesure in ohms my injectors to be sure that they were ok and had 4 ohms.

Let me know what I have to tried to get this beast on the road again!

Thanks!

Phil

Vehicles
      Orig Owner 90 G60 & 02 Allroad 6Sp Man w/ 3rd Row Seat 97 Triple White New Beetle 2.5 6SP Auto (JUA)
      07-15-2012 07:20 PM #2
      Check this out and scroll down to the 2nd half of the page

http://www.corrado-club.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10293
      ¡¡ opɐɹɹoɔ ǝɥʇ!!!ƃuıʇɔǝdsǝɹ !!!
      !! odarroɔ ǝht gnitɔepser !!

3. 07-21-2012 01:22 PM #3
      I read those tread, but still dont know how to check the FPR!

I just want to know if it's supposed to have fuel in the return line to the tank when I tried to start the engine, it will help me.

I will tried to find a fuel pressure gauge to know how much fuel pressure I have at the FPR.

Thanks!

Phil

Vehicles
      Orig Owner 90 G60 & 02 Allroad 6Sp Man w/ 3rd Row Seat 97 Triple White New Beetle 2.5 6SP Auto (JUA)
      07-21-2012 03:23 PM #4
      Hey Phil the FPR is not a likely cause of it running poorly like you describe. Grab a beer and read a bit more.

What you've done and what's still going on can be a couple of things.

• You mentioned new Dist and rotor. Doesn't new dist come w/ the rotor. I'm trying to rule out a bad Hall sensor in the old Dist. A replaced Dist would mean you have a new Hall sensor.
      • Worn intermediate shaft allowing distr to get sloppy.
      • Vacuum line to ecu has a rub out (leak).
      ¡¡ opɐɹɹoɔ ǝɥʇ!!!ƃuıʇɔǝdsǝɹ !!!
      !! odarroɔ ǝht gnitɔepser !!