Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 1958 VW Bug Convertible, physician owned for over 24 years, solid driver ! Columbus, OH 43221

1. 07-17-2012 04:04 PM #1
      GONE ! Bought by the previous owner, a physician in Ohio, on Sept 11th 1987 and part of his collection until May of this year.
      (his collection among other things contained some air-cooled Porsches and some Mercedes-Benzs)

In these almost 25 years the car was partially restored, painted (DuPont B7412K) and got a new 1600cc motor on Sept 25th 1997 from Bugs-R-Us.
      A handwritten document shows all work done with date and costs which show an investment sum of $12674 for parts and labor.

The car was not restored or used as a showcar, but as a solid driver. A few years ago the owner even used it on some driver event which covered over a 1000 miles in a few days without any problems. This is not a 100% original vehicle but the original number matching engine, which suffered a rod bolt failure in 1997, is included and comes with all parts depicted.

The Beetle is a bit temperamental when it is cold but when it runs it purrs.
      I myself have driven it through the neighborhood on a sunny Saturday morning and am amazed how stress free it can be driven.
      Even the original white wall tires do not stunt the very pleasant driving experience - even though the car was not driven
      at Autobahn speeds and you should not either - since this would take away from all the smiling and waving of passers-by that enjoy a piece of their childhood memories rolling by.
      This experience was very new to me and it is truly a very positive and pleasant influence to your demeanor when people of all ages wave and smile at you. I could not think of a car I have ever driven, no matter what price category, that delivered such joy to others and it's driver.
      Were it not for my behemoth size of 6'10" i would love to add this vehicle to my collection.

But it is not meant to be and that is why I would like to find a worthy new owner for the Beetle with a 100% transparent description and over 200 pics of the car from top to bottom, over 100 pics of the original engine and some short videos showing the cold-start demeanor of the vehicle and upon request a small youtube video showing the car cruising the neighborhood with the top down.
      My attempt at providing any interested parties with a virtual test drive ;-)

Click the link below the pics to get to all the pictures and do not hesitate to contact me if there are any further questions or if you would like to come see the vehicle in person.

GONE !

Kind regards from Columbus, OH

just click on the link to get to over 200 pics of the car and another 100 to show the original engine and parts included.

Last edited by boese78; 10-29-2012 at 11:23 AM.
      Forum Rules - here is the most important one :
      • If you are selling a car the thread title should read FS: Year, Make, Model, Mileage, Location
      and do not bitch but instead help the mods and admins with this thankless job by reporting any posts in violation of any of the rules.

Vehicles
      08 B6 TSI M/T
      07-19-2012 04:15 PM #2
      I am intrigued. What does he want out of it? It looks nice, certainly some work to be done, but if the price is appropriate, it might be a nice project for my boy and I.

3. 08-07-2012 07:08 PM #3
      bump
      • If you are selling a car the thread title should read FS: Year, Make, Model, Mileage, Location
      and do not bitch but instead help the mods and admins with this thankless job by reporting any posts in violation of any of the rules.

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf Pirate Edition... Arrrrrr!!!!
      08-08-2012 08:25 PM #4
      Please shoot me a PM on your price.

Vehicles
      1971 Super Beetle, 2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium, 2014 Golf TDI Manual
      08-11-2012 04:39 PM #5
      As per forum rules, a price needs to be posted.

6. 08-20-2012 06:26 PM #6
      fixed (sorry !), bump and thanks for enforcing the rules.

as you can tell by my sig, i would appreciate if others stuck to them as well.

7. 08-21-2012 11:27 PM #7
      bump !

8. 08-29-2012 07:42 PM #8
      thinking about selling off the pile of parts - or at least those that do not pertain to vehicle originality as the number matching engine block etc.

if anyone needs anything out of the pile of parts let me know !