Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CC DRL's from China-link attached thru ebay anyone have any experience?

Vehicles
      2014 GLI Autobahn
      07-29-2012 12:05 AM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by chillybone View Post
      True. I like the oracle lights in the turn signal a little better but they are pricy so I wanted to try these first to see if I liked these. If not I was going to buy the oracles anyway lol. But I've gotten a lot of comments at work about them all good and most of us drive vw now

2. 08-05-2012 09:14 AM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by RudydG View Post
      i can tell you, the conversion from plain halogen (yellow) to the HID lamps is just fantastic!!! No cheap look, no blinding, but light,,, light..... a lot of it!!
      Bad news. Did a long trip in France, and got a lot of reactions from people who where blinded, even if my lights where pointing down. The sides, sure the right side, but also the left side, are way to bright.
      And the horizontal lines re not so well defined.
      I believe the reflectors are not so wel suited for the HID bulbs
      I will try putting some projector lenses in the headlight, involves opening the units.
      Let's see where i come out.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2009/VW/CC Sport 2.0T
      08-06-2012 08:33 AM #38
      with that being said im going to save up for the euro projectors lol...

i was going to put hid 6k in my headlights and fogs but ill pass untill i get a projector beam instead of a reflector housing beam

Vehicles
      2014 passat S with apperance black
      10-01-2012 12:39 PM #39
      Well I ordered mine Wednesday night got a email Thursday moring asking for my phone number for shipping and guess what showed up this morning? only 6 days to ship and they look pretty cool IMHO. 20 minutes to install.
      2009 CC sport auto , black on black, %20 tint all around, euro switch, rear fog, DRL delete, Hoën fogs, Clear turn signals, LED plate lights, RCD-510 AE, 9W7 Bluetooth, LED strip lights in the trunk, lots of VAGCOM fiddling, APR Carbonio stage 1(for sale) , Magnaflow 3" cat back exhuast, 3 watt Cree LED interior lighting (from DDM Tunning)

Vehicles
      10-01-2012 03:57 PM #40
      They don't shut off when I turn my car off. Any one know what the other three wires are for?
      2009 CC sport auto , black on black, %20 tint all around, euro switch, rear fog, DRL delete, Hoën fogs, Clear turn signals, LED plate lights, RCD-510 AE, 9W7 Bluetooth, LED strip lights in the trunk, lots of VAGCOM fiddling, APR Carbonio stage 1(for sale) , Magnaflow 3" cat back exhuast, 3 watt Cree LED interior lighting (from DDM Tunning)

6. 10-01-2012 05:23 PM #41
      Has anyone installed jlstuning V2 DRL lights?
      http://www.jlstuning.com/drl-led-sig...DRL%20Version2
      How do they look? and quality?
      Regards

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 CC Lux+ DSG, 2001 Corvette 6spd Z51, 2010 Audi S4
      10-01-2012 10:33 PM #42
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=221127904607

I just bought these, $210, took 5 days to ship from China, very well packed. They look well made, 5 white LEDs for DRL, and 6 amber LEDs for blinker. They connect to the battery, and automatically turn the DRLs on and off. Another wire connects to the blinker wire, and switches off the white DRLs when the amber blinker is active. There is one more wire, which can be connected to the park/marker lights, which will turn-off the DRLs when the headlights are turned on. The DRLs look pretty bright, but not as bright as OEM DRLs. I have not yet installed them, so I don't know if it will set any blinker-bulb-out warnings. These do not include the clear end-parts of these corners, you have to add those yourself.
      Last edited by CC'ed; 10-01-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Vehicles
      2012 CC R-Line, 6MT
      10-01-2012 11:25 PM #43
      I'm interested to see how these work out for you as I was looking very closely at these as well. Strange that on their video the individual headlight (left or right) also turn on (constant) when the directional is switched on...I don't think I would want my headlights to work that way.

Quote Originally Posted by CC'ed View Post
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=221127904607

I just bought these, $210, took 5 days to ship from China, very well packed. They look well made, 5 white LEDs for DRL, and 6 amber LEDs for blinker. They connect to the battery, and automatically turn the DRLs on and off. Another wire connects to the blinker wire, and switches off the white DRLs when the amber blinker is active. There is one more wire, which can be connected to the park/marker lights, which will turn-off the DRLs when the headlights are turned on. The DRLs look pretty bright, but not as bright as OEM DRLs. I have not yet installed them, so I don't know if it will set any blinker-bulb-out warnings. These do not include the clear end-parts of these corners, you have to add those yourself.
      Last edited by JLondon; 10-02-2012 at 01:17 AM.
      2012 CC R-Line, 6MT, Night Blue - LED Turns, Euro Switch, GIAC Tune, RLine Pedals
      Mods to Come: SSK???
      2006 Subaru Baja Turbo, AT - Open Source Tuned (Florida)
      1997 Mazda Miata, 5MT (Fair Weather ONLY)
      2005 Lotus Elise, 6MT (Sold 2009)

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Passat CC 2.0T 6MT
      10-02-2012 12:00 AM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by JLondon View Post
      I'm interested to see how these work out for you as I was looking very closely at these as well. Strange that on their video the individual headlight (left of right) also turn on (constant) when the directional is switched on...I don't think I would want my headlights to work that way.
      That's just the cornering lights. I think it's supposed to do that.

I just returned the one with the wire box to that seller since it's not the one shown in the photos. The idea was supposed to be that the unit would come with stock turn signal connector which would be plug and play. And the only thing to wire would be for the DRL's power. The unit CC'ed described (that I sent back) simply has too many wire connections (plus a box that doesn't look very sturdy) that I worry about failed connections down the road.

I should be getting the simpler version in a week or so. Hopefully it'll work out ok.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      10-02-2012 10:52 AM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by baye View Post
      That's just the cornering lights. I think it's supposed to do that.

I just returned the one with the wire box to that seller since it's not the one shown in the photos. The idea was supposed to be that the unit would come with stock turn signal connector which would be plug and play. And the only thing to wire would be for the DRL's power. The unit CC'ed described (that I sent back) simply has too many wire connections (plus a box that doesn't look very sturdy) that I worry about failed connections down the road.

I should be getting the simpler version in a week or so. Hopefully it'll work out ok.
      Yes, the wire to connect to each existing turn-signal bulb must be spliced, it is not true "plug-n-play". It is not really very complicated. The wires on this unit are :
      - One wire for ground.
      - One wire, with fuse, to connect to switched or unswitched +12V. This powers and controls the DRLs, when the car is running they turn on automatically (they sense the rise in battery voltage when the car is running)
      - One wire to connect to the power feed of the Left stock blinker bulb : remove the bulb and splice to the blinker power feed wire, at the bulb socket.
      - One wire to connect to the Right blinker bulb (like above)
      - One wire to optionally connect to a side-marker/park light, if you want the DRLs to shut off when the park (or headlights) are turned ON.

Any info on the "simpler" version you are getting??
      Last edited by CC'ed; 10-02-2012 at 10:54 AM.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Passat CC 2.0T 6MT
      10-02-2012 01:50 PM #46
      Any info on the "simpler" version you are getting??
      Check out Ampiler's posts in the what did you do today thread, around p175. The unit comes with just 1 red power wire and a fixed turn signal receptacle that plugs into the stock turn signal connector. The turn signal is plug n play and the power wire can be tapped into a +12v source of your choosing for the LEDs. This is similar to Achtuning Korea's setup with their LEDs. The unit, as far as I know, is self-grounded and does not throw errors.

If you looked closely at the eBay link you posted above, you'll notice the unit in the photos is the kind I'm describing. The seller claim the design was recently changed to the multi-wire setup you described but having spoken with Ampiler and confirming how simple his setup is, I can't understand why they would go with this more complicated configuration.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      10-02-2012 09:10 PM #47
      The install pics I saw of the Actuning DRLs shows the cutting of the stock blinker bulb socket wires, and the splicing-in of their shrink-wrapped black electronics module.

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Passat CC 2.0T 6MT
      10-02-2012 10:51 PM #48
      The install pics I saw of the Actuning DRLs shows the cutting of the stock blinker bulb socket wires, and the splicing-in of their shrink-wrapped black electronics module.
      Yeah, which you don't have to do with the version I'm talking about. I was referring to the way they tapped into the fuse box (cigarette lighter, in their case) for the single power wire. I'm assuming all the necessary hardware (resisters, control to turn LED DRL off when turn signals are on, etc.) are built into the housing so the only wire needed is the power wire for the LED DRLs.

I triple checked with the seller, who confirmed that no cutting or splicing of existing wires is necessary (this was before he realized he was sending out redesigned units). I wouldn't have minded even if it required a bit of wire work like Achtuning's unit, but I just couldn't get over the "redesigned" unit's complexity knowing there's something else that's simpler out there.

Anyway, I'll know for sure in another week or so. All this talk is making me wish they could just teleport the damn thing to my door so I can start verifying already.

Vehicles
      10-04-2012 12:06 PM #49
      Fixed the problem just had to move a switch. I think they look pretty cool

15. Member
      Vehicles
      Audi A4'97--> Subie WRX'07 Stage 3+--> Murano--> VW GTi'11--> VW CC 2011 now
      10-04-2012 12:46 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by das lowe View Post
      Fixed the problem just had to move a switch. I think they look pretty cool
      what kind of fog bulbs r you running?
      Ko4 ClubCC: CTS AIS,BW Ko4,Neuspeed FMIC,DevilsOwn Stg 2,APR DSG,UNI DV Reloc Kit,Forge DV,CTS CCan,BSH Throttle,R8 Coils,R8 Oil Cap,Porsche Coolant Cap,APR DP,Milltek CBE,BSH Torque Mnt,*wheelsshoppn*,*TT-RS BBK on Order*,SHS Coils,Hotchkis 27mm RSB,Dectane Headlights,5K/3k Morimoto,RLine Tails,Flat MFSW/shifters,Fully LEDed,WT 27%,Aspherical Mrrs,Alum Interior Accents/Vents&etcNexT:NewWheels/TTRS Brakes/AutoFoldMirrors

Vehicles
      2010 CC Sport 2.0t
      10-04-2012 12:47 PM #51
      SOON!

Vehicles
      10-04-2012 03:06 PM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by Stero1D View Post
      what kind of fog bulbs r you running?
      Actual I have these http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-...hts/ES1873339/
      Thinking about taking them off and going to piaa ion bulbs to have the more clear look

18. Member
      Vehicles
      10-07-2012 06:41 PM #53
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Bright...item337ca1cb5b

Installed these today, no bulb-out warnings. The white DRLs are fairly bright, but it depends on the viewing angle. The amber turn-signal LEDs should be brighter though. I RTV siliconed the housing seams and the black plastic control box seams to make sure they are waterproof. I took the old bulb-holders and cut the bulb socket part off so I could solder wires so I could use the plug, so the new DRLs plug-in without any cutting or splicing of the factory wire harness. The plus 12V feed connects under an existing nut-connection on the front of the under-hood fuse/relay box. Now to disable the stock low-beam DRLs......
      Last edited by CC'ed; 10-08-2012 at 10:01 AM.

19. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Passat CC 2.0T 6MT
      10-07-2012 10:32 PM #54
      The plus 12V feed connects under an existing nut-connection on the front of the under-hood fuse/relay box.
      So you tapped a connection in front of the fuse box? Care to take a photo so the rest of us know which one? How does it behave (on with ignition or when key is inserted)? I'd love to avoid having to get the driver side fuse box involved and keep everything in the engine compartment.

20. Member
      Vehicles
      10-08-2012 09:59 AM #55
      All wiring can be done in the engine compartment, no wires need to be run through the firewall.

The underhood fuse/relay box is located to the right of the battery. Slide the two locking tabs to the unlock position, and pull the black plastic cover straight up. On the front of the box is a metal strip, with wires (and fuses) attached to with hex-nuts. This metal strip is hot +12V all the time (it is connected to the battery + terminal), so don't short to chassis ground with your wrench or ratchet.

The DRL +12V power wire (red with its own small in-line fuse) has a spade-lug on the end. Remove one of the hex-nuts and add the DRL spade-lug to the terminal, under the existing lug that was there, replace the nut and tighten.

These DRLs turn ON automatically when the engine is started, and turn-off when the engine is stopped. They do this by sensing the approx 1V rise of the battery voltage when the alternator is charging, and therefore do not need to be connected to a switched +12V source.
      Last edited by CC'ed; 10-08-2012 at 10:04 AM.

21. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Passat CC 2.0T 6MT
      10-08-2012 01:08 PM #56
      Excellent. Thanks for the info!

22. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 CC Lux Limited , 2005 Excursion Diesel, 2005 Sonic 358 Offshore
      10-08-2012 01:44 PM #57
      Hi - i am new to the site, actually first post. I bought these, removed the chrome and tapped into the wire for the existing dRL. No codes, no issues, looks pretty cool in my opinion. They turn on and off with the regular DRL's.

23. Member
      Vehicles
      Audi A4'97--> Subie WRX'07 Stage 3+--> Murano--> VW GTi'11--> VW CC 2011 now
      10-13-2012 01:00 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by das lowe View Post
      Actual I have these http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-...hts/ES1873339/
      Thinking about taking them off and going to piaa ion bulbs to have the more clear look
      U got a close up picture of those with light on and off? It gives yellow looks to the fogs?
      Ko4 ClubCC: CTS AIS,BW Ko4,Neuspeed FMIC,DevilsOwn Stg 2,APR DSG,UNI DV Reloc Kit,Forge DV,CTS CCan,BSH Throttle,R8 Coils,R8 Oil Cap,Porsche Coolant Cap,APR DP,Milltek CBE,BSH Torque Mnt,*wheelsshoppn*,*TT-RS BBK on Order*,SHS Coils,Hotchkis 27mm RSB,Dectane Headlights,5K/3k Morimoto,RLine Tails,Flat MFSW/shifters,Fully LEDed,WT 27%,Aspherical Mrrs,Alum Interior Accents/Vents&etcNexT:NewWheels/TTRS Brakes/AutoFoldMirrors

Vehicles
      10-13-2012 03:42 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by Stero1D View Post
      U got a close up picture of those with light on and off? It gives yellow looks to the fogs?
      I'll take a photo or two when I get home today pm me your email and I will send you them. They do give off a nice yellow on the road. Oh and they are way cheaper then new bulbs too.

25. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Passat CC 2.0T 6MT
      10-16-2012 01:32 AM #60
      Last edited by baye; 10-18-2012 at 05:24 AM.

26. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Passat CC 2.0T 6MT
      10-18-2012 02:16 AM #61
      Finished the install. Everything's working now and I can finally check this one off the list. I'll do a bit of a write up in a separate thread so I don't end up clogging this one up with my pictures.

Vehicles
      SILVER 2012 VW CC R-Line DSG
      10-18-2012 02:46 AM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by baye View Post
      Finished the install. Everything's working now and I can finally check this one off the list. I'll do a bit of a write up in a separate thread so I don't end up clogging this one up with my pictures.
      Will definitely be keeping an eye out for that write up when I do mine. I might just say the hell with it, and install them already. I just dodn't want the guys at the stealership to flip out because the old guy in the service department gave me the "shame on you" look when he saw my aespherical mirrors last time I was there. If I get bored tomorrow I might decide to instal them, and my plasma yellow PIAA fog light bulbs.

28. n00b
      Vehicles
      2010 VW CC Luxury 2.0T
      07-29-2013 01:49 AM #63
      I hooked mine straight up to the battery like everyone has been saying but they don't shut off. Thinking about splicing into the ignition tomorrow or existing DRL's to get them to work but does anyone have any other suggestions? Something that doesn't require cutting into anything?

29. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 CC Lux Limited , 2005 Excursion Diesel, 2005 Sonic 358 Offshore
      07-29-2013 03:28 AM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by idanon View Post
      I hooked mine straight up to the battery like everyone has been saying but they don't shut off. Thinking about splicing into the ignition tomorrow or existing DRL's to get them to work but does anyone have any other suggestions? Something that doesn't require cutting into anything?
      I run mine only at night, tapped into low beams. Have ran them with the drl's as well but didn't like the look. Just tap into the wire harness at the headlights. Very easy.
      12' CC lux Limited, Tine - including windshield, R LIne Side Skirts, R Line Front Spoiler, Paint Matched Rear Exhaust Valance, 5000k EVERYTHING, Remote Start, K&N Coil Overs, 27mm RSB, Summer Wheels = 19" Hartman, Winter Wheels = 18" Interlaggos, APR Stage 2 Tune, CTS CAI, RS8 Coil Packs, CTS DP, Top Pipe, Discharge Pipe, Euro Cup Holder, CTS Catch Can....

30. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2011 CC LUX T. 2011Jetta 2.5 SE, 2005Jetta 2.5, 2000Passat , 98Jetta VR6, 2000Passat V6, 96Jetta VR6
      09-16-2013 01:35 AM #65
      ordered the same lights, can you help me with the installation. would like to know where the DRL is located to connect

31. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2011 CC LUX T. 2011Jetta 2.5 SE, 2005Jetta 2.5, 2000Passat , 98Jetta VR6, 2000Passat V6, 96Jetta VR6
      09-16-2013 01:41 AM #66
      i ordered the same lights and would like help on installation, like where do you connect to DRL switch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12