Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Which Stage 2+ tune is better for Audi TT RS?

1. n00b
      Vehicles
      Audi TT RS
      07-18-2012 04:10 PM #1
      Hi everyone, i have just bought an Audi TT RS last week, i have change from BMW and i'm new on this. I have search and there are many choices to move my car to the next level but i would like the forum opinion to avoid mistakes. who makes stage 2+ tunes for TT RS, what else do i have to modify? is stage 3 also available?. Regarding prices, which one is mine convenient?

Thanks in advance for your help

2. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      TTS
      07-18-2012 04:18 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by respinozai View Post
      Hi everyone, i have just bought an Audi TT RS last week, i have change from BMW and i'm new on this. I have search and there are many choices to move my car to the next level but i would like the forum opinion to avoid mistakes. who makes stage 2+ tunes for TT RS, what else do i have to modify? is stage 3 also available?. Regarding prices, which one is mine convenient?

Im sure many would agree.... there is only one you need to be concerned with. APR. They have a stage 3 kit in development and preliminary numbers are close to 600hp... 0-60 in 2.8. Kinda wish I has a ttrs for that I will be trading my TTS in next year. APR just had the best bullet proof kits that will last. Enjoy the new ride.
      2011 Audi TTS*DensionFive*RNSe*WinterMode(S5'sFlatBlack/MichelinPA3)

3. 07-18-2012 05:33 PM #3
      Hi,

Ive had a AMD map, Revo map, and now APR map on my TTRS. Guess which ones makes the most power (all runs done on same dyno)
      Audi TTRS: APR Stage 3+: Race Developments Built Motor, Race Developments Flowed Cylinder Head, APR FMIC, Scorpion Titanium Exhaust, VWR Engine Mounts, VWR Intake, Race Developments Superfinished GearBox, Helix Race Clutch,42Draft Shifter Bushing,Bilstein B16 PSS10, 034 Motorsport ARB,WhiteLine Drop Links,R8 Calipers,Braided Lines,Powerflex Bushes,Mintex 1155 Pads,SRF Fluid, Fusch Titan Pro S Oil, Recaro Pole Positions, Kenwood DNX5210BT.

4. 07-18-2012 05:42 PM #4
      +100 for APR.
      Used them for every car I've had for years, never an issue.
      13 Passt TDI 6MT
      13 GTR

07-18-2012 05:51 PM #5
      If you're going for the big power, APR stage 3 looks like the only ticket right now. Regarding stage 2, you have the usual suspects in GIAC, APR and REVO, there may be others but these are the big players. I'm running GIAC stage 2 myself. It requires exhaust and FMIC. My experience with the final package has been great. It drives like OEM but with a lot more grunt at every point on the rev band. The car is a bullet with 415hp/419tq. I have nothing to compare it to other than the stock car when I bought...it is a whole new animal! One aspect that is great with GIAC is the ability to switch programming via the flash loader. Very handy feature.
      Last edited by Black BeauTTy; 07-18-2012 at 05:54 PM.
      2012 TTRS: Daytona Gray (wrapped in Avery Dark Gray Matte Metallic and Gloss Black) , CF Mirrors, Nexon CF Steering Wheel, OSIR Coolant Tank CF Shield, Tinted Tails
      GIAC Stage 2, AWE SwitchPath + cat-deletes, AWE FMIC, H&R RSB, MSS Sport Springs, AWE Boost Gauge, Wheels: HRE P40 19x9 et50; Borbet LV5 18x8 et35; TSW Interlagos 18x9.5 et53 w/Mich PSS 275/35

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 TT-RS
      07-18-2012 06:01 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Black BeauTTy View Post
      If you're going for the big power, APR stage 3 looks like the only ticket right now. Regarding stage 2, you have the usual suspects in GIAC, APR and REVO, there may be others but these are the big players. I'm running GIAC stage 2 myself. It requires exhaust and FMIC. My experience with the final package has been great. It drives like OEM but with a lot more grunt at every point on the rev band. The car is a bullet with 415hp/419tq. I have nothing to compare it to other than the stock car when I bought...it is a whole new animal! One aspect that is great with GIAC is the ability to switch programming via the flash loader. Very handy feature.
      The flash loader with GIAC looks pretty sweet (though they need to get the iPhone version going!). I wish APR would get their program switching working for the TT-RS already.
      2012 TT-RS in Suzuka Gray

7. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2012 TTRS
      07-18-2012 06:09 PM #7
      100 cell cat, car is a beast w/ 100 octane . Drivability like stock - ability to switch back and forth between programs is a must for me! They are in SoCal so I drove out from Las Vegas and put my car on their dyno and customer support has been awesum! They've supplied custom files to completely eliminate the check engine light with the racing cat! If you aren't close to either facility I'd check out their local dealer and go with the one that has the best reputation for customer support.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 TT-RS
      07-18-2012 06:51 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by DesertTTRS View Post
      100 cell cat, car is a beast w/ 100 octane . Drivability like stock - ability to switch back and forth between programs is a must for me! They are in SoCal so I drove out from Las Vegas and put my car on their dyno and customer support has been awesum! They've supplied custom files to completely eliminate the check engine light with the racing cat! If you aren't close to either facility I'd check out their local dealer and go with the one that has the best reputation for customer support.
      What setup are you running w/ a 100 cell cat??

07-18-2012 07:11 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
      What setup are you running w/ a 100 cell cat??
      See his title line above...
      2012 TTRS: Daytona Gray (wrapped in Avery Dark Gray Matte Metallic and Gloss Black) , CF Mirrors, Nexon CF Steering Wheel, OSIR Coolant Tank CF Shield, Tinted Tails
      GIAC Stage 2, AWE SwitchPath + cat-deletes, AWE FMIC, H&R RSB, MSS Sport Springs, AWE Boost Gauge, Wheels: HRE P40 19x9 et50; Borbet LV5 18x8 et35; TSW Interlagos 18x9.5 et53 w/Mich PSS 275/35

10. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 TT-RS
      07-18-2012 10:44 PM #10
      See his title line above...
      Ah... must be one of those other forum guys...

11. Member
      07-19-2012 01:49 AM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
      Ah... must be one of those other forum guys...
      hahaha, yeah... I hate when people type **** in that Title line.

- Jeremy -

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 GTi /2012 TTRS
      07-19-2012 05:22 AM #12
      Stage 3 for ultimate speed

Stage 2 for best daily drive/ ultimate diesel-like torque:

Up +60 more ft/lbs of torque all the way down to below 1500 ramping up to 400 ft/lbs by 2500 and then 464 ft/lbs at peak
      2007 GTi Black Magic, APR Stage 2+
      2012 TTRS Sepang Blue on Titanium Blades.....

13. n00b
      Vehicles
      Audi TT RS
      07-19-2012 06:15 PM #13
      Thanks to everyone for your comments, i will look into local dealers for the best support but now my search has been reduced to APR and GIAC stage 2 upgrade. Regarding Intercooler, Induction and Exhaust, which one would you recommend? i believe the best choice for Intercooler is FORGE but what about induction? and down pipe?

14. n00b
      Vehicles
      Audi TT RS
      07-19-2012 06:21 PM #14
      Hi, thanks for your feedback, are you still with the stock intercooler? How does the GIAC works with new modifications? do they have an "auto tune" map? do you have to modify the ecu every time you add new performance parts to your car? does it manages the gearbox also?

15. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 TT-RS
      07-19-2012 06:39 PM #15
      Thanks to everyone for your comments, i will look into local dealers for the best support but now my search has been reduced to APR and GIAC stage 2 upgrade. Regarding Intercooler, Induction and Exhaust, which one would you recommend? i believe the best choice for Intercooler is FORGE but what about induction? and down pipe?
      I'd vote for the AWE intercooler, if you don't mind the price. Smooth CNC machined end tanks.

07-19-2012 09:06 PM #16
      Hi, thanks for your feedback, are you still with the stock intercooler? How does the GIAC works with new modifications? do they have an "auto tune" map? do you have to modify the ecu every time you add new performance parts to your car? does it manages the gearbox also?
      No, I am running AWE intercooler, here is the AWE TTRS build thread...

http://forums.fourtitude.com/showthr...S-Build-Thread

17. n00b
      Vehicles
      Audi TT RS
      07-22-2012 12:02 PM #17
      Hi, another question, for the first install of the GIAC, did you send the ecu to your local dealer? I have asked here and they ask me to send the Ecu to GIAC headquarters. Did you buy the flash loader from GIAC also? Do you know if it works with European version of the car?

Thanks in advance

18. Banner Advertiser Thomas@GIAC's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Stage 3 B5 S4, C5 Z06
      07-23-2012 03:25 PM #18
      Hi, another question, for the first install of the GIAC, did you send the ecu to your local dealer? I have asked here and they ask me to send the Ecu to GIAC headquarters. Did you buy the flash loader from GIAC also? Do you know if it works with European version of the car?

Thanks in advance
      For the first install, you would need to visit your local GIAC dealer. The install would consist of a bench unlock, after which the actual software install would be through the OBDII port. You can send the ECU to us directly, but most of our dealers are trained to perform the software upgrade at their facilities.

Most dealers also have the Flash Loaders in stock. If not, they can order it for you and we will have it sent over. The Flash Loader will work with all versions of the car. Keep in mind that if you have an Android-enabled phone, we offer bluetooth wireless switching. This works the same as the Flash Loader option, but allows you to use a wireless transceiver to switch with your phone.

19. n00b
      Vehicles
      Audi TT RS
      07-24-2012 07:04 PM #19
      Hi Tomas, thanks for your info. Regarding the rest of the hardware needed for stage 2 I already have a Forge intercooler and I would like to know which induction you recommend me. Also, do I need to change al the exhaust line or just the downpipe? Also which brand would you recommend? regarding the android app, is already done? What about iPhone? Can you switch maps on the fly?

Thanks in advance

20. Banner Advertiser Thomas@GIAC's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Stage 3 B5 S4, C5 Z06
      07-24-2012 07:22 PM #20
      Hi Tomas, thanks for your info. Regarding the rest of the hardware needed for stage 2 I already have a Forge intercooler and I would like to know which induction you recommend me. Also, do I need to change al the exhaust line or just the downpipe? Also which brand would you recommend? regarding the android app, is already done? What about iPhone? Can you switch maps on the fly?

Thanks in advance
      We did much of our development work in conjunction with AWE Tuning, so I have nothing but good things to say about their products. While an upgraded downpipe is requred for Stage 2, a catback exhaust is just a recommendation. The android app is officially available for sale. To view a demo of the device in action, please visit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL-Se...3&feature=plcp

The iPhone is still in progress, but we hope to have a switching device for this platform in the near future. Please feel free to email me if I can answer any more questions.

Vehicles
      2012 Black TT-RS • GIAC Stage 2 • AWE SP Exhaust • AWE Intercooler • 034 M Sway • 034 SS Brake Lines
      07-31-2012 10:14 PM #21

Check out this thread too:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?t=5681826

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk