VWVortex

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: When Stancing Goes Wrong

1. Banned
      Vehicles
      Lot's of Nike's
      07-20-2012 11:22 PM #51
      im a smart country boy, it's just how we talk

strange now that i think about it, i have heard rednecks compliment the "stance" on their buddies' trucks before..

2. 07-21-2012 01:02 AM #52
      Just read through this thread. Jesus, there's a lot of **** talkers on here. Hatin on stance. Hatin on the owner. It's an honest mistake and has nothing to do with being "stanced". I'm sure when Travis was putting his wheels on, he thought "I want my wheel to fall off and I want to be stuck on the side of the road."

**** all you haters. Apparently you've never made ANY mechanical errors in your life.

Sent from the Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy using tapatalk 2
      ~Calvin
      RogueEuro

2004 Audi A4 1.8T /// 6-Speed /// quattro /// Moro Blue Pearl
      forge splitter || symphony ii+ || podi || ns sport w/ b5 seats || v718 sunken treasure

3. Banned
      Vehicles
      Lot's of Nike's
      07-21-2012 01:35 AM #53
      before you say **** me, i consider Travis a "homie", it's all just in fun. I'll have my bad luck with my bimmer soon and ya'll can take me down a notch

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      99 a4
      07-21-2012 11:51 AM #54
      Again I ask the OP, what's your point in posting this a month after it happened? Along with a handful of others in this thread I consider Travis a friend and am beginning to think there's some sort of malicious intent behind all this.

Vehicles
      W210, E21, B5.5
      07-21-2012 11:59 AM #55
      Paranoid poster is paranoid.

I had no idea when it happened. And I posted it for the same reason anyone would post an epic fail of this nature.
      This is what sarcasm and snarkiness looks like, with a smidge of displaced smugness, and justified jadedness

6. Banned
      Vehicles
      Lot's of Nike's
      07-21-2012 12:45 PM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by aeb_b5 View Post
      Again I ask the OP, what's your point in posting this a month after it happened? Along with a handful of others in this thread I consider Travis a friend and am beginning to think there's some sort of malicious intent behind all this.
      Chill dude.

Vehicles
      A6 2.7T, B3 Vr6, MK6 2.5, MK2?, Traxxas Slash
      07-21-2012 12:52 PM #57
      It doesnt matter if this was a month later or a year later. obviously someone needs to take their vehicle to a professional next time. How is there any malicious intent here?
      Last edited by jiffyjetta; 07-21-2012 at 12:54 PM.

07-21-2012 12:58 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by Kliminati456 View Post
      "stancing" goes wrong the second the thought to do it to your car crosses your mind, from then on its wrong. the whole trend should just die off quickly along with the terms hella flush
      lol, quit crying old man no one is making you slam your car!
      My photographs can be found on: Tumblr & Facebook

Vehicles
      1990 Audi Coupe Quattro, 1991 Audi 200 TQA, 1987 Audi Coupe GT
      07-21-2012 05:28 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by jakewolf View Post
      lol, quit crying old man no one is making you slam your car!
      Yeah I guess when you consider the fact that most of the people "stancing" are 16 and the lamination on their license hasn't even dried yet, then yes I guess 29 is old. And there is no crying for you ruining your own car, just pointing out the proven fact its the lamest thing since your uber tight girl pants and hipster mustache.
      Last edited by Kliminati456; 08-02-2012 at 02:49 AM.
      ,.!..

10. Member
      Vehicles
      01 Toyota 4runner sr5
      07-22-2012 02:18 AM #60
      Paranoia paranoia, everybody's comin' to get me!
      oh herro.

11. 07-22-2012 11:41 PM #61
      that sucks travis. did you get it fixed yet? dont worry about what half these idiots say, i mean it could be worse. you could be driving a VW.................

honestly tho, this is just stupid to post and for people to talk ****. i mean we all mostly hang out at the same cruises, meets etc, why just try to cause problems for yourself if you happen to run into someone.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 Golf R, R32 Skyline
      07-23-2012 02:51 AM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by jiffyjetta View Post
      It doesnt matter if this was a month later or a year later. obviously someone needs to take their vehicle to a professional next time. How is there any malicious intent here?
      Haha. Ive seen plenty of professional work do the same thing and cause the same damage if not worse.

13. 07-28-2012 11:46 AM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by WeenerBoy View Post
      before you say **** me, i consider Travis a "homie", it's all just in fun. I'll have my bad luck with my bimmer soon and ya'll can take me down a notch
      My comment was not directed at you, it was in reference to the thread as a whole. It just happened to be posted below yours.

Quote Originally Posted by brucebanner View Post
      that sucks travis. did you get it fixed yet? dont worry about what half these idiots say, i mean it could be worse. you could be driving a VW.................

honestly tho, this is just stupid to post and for people to talk ****. i mean we all mostly hang out at the same cruises, meets etc, why just try to cause problems for yourself if you happen to run into someone.
      This. Seriously.

Sent from the Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy using tapatalk 2
      Last edited by CrazyCal; 07-28-2012 at 11:48 AM.
      ~Calvin
      RogueEuro

2004 Audi A4 1.8T /// 6-Speed /// quattro /// Moro Blue Pearl
      forge splitter || symphony ii+ || podi || ns sport w/ b5 seats || v718 sunken treasure

14. 07-28-2012 11:43 PM #64
      What cracks me up most about this thread is that this guy is being thrown under the bus mostly because the word "stance" was used in the title. If someone had said "Dumped B5 gets uber slammed" this thing would have died the day it was started.

The car is hardly "stanced" if I understand the definition of the phrase properly.

I agree that "stanced" is a stupid phrase that needs to die a quick death, but the indignant posters in this thread are almost as stupid just by reacting to the use of the word altogether...

BPC>>Shoot when you're hot, shoot to get hot

Vehicles
      oil burning 3 door
      07-29-2012 12:14 AM #65
      the" stance " thing is just motorsports styling, to the extreme, just like anything else ; choppers, lifted trucks, drag cars.

it doesn't need to die off, but it needs to get back to where the cars are drivable and don't cause a inconvenience to normal drivers, weather it be going extremely slow on bad roads, or wheels falling off
      Dub Cult ESAD

16. 07-29-2012 01:31 AM #66
      Yeah I guess when you consider the fact that most of the people "stancing" are 16 and the lamination on their license hasn't even dried yet, then yes I guess 29 is old. And there is no crying for you ruining your own car, just pointing out the proven fact its the gayest thing since your uber tight girl pants and hipster mustache.
      Yup, officially old. (don't ask me how I know)

In all fairness, I agree about the girl pants and ****. Just got back from downtown Seattle and Capitol Hill. Damn near gouged my own eyes out.
      For best results, experience reality in moderation.

Vehicles
      20th AE 3366
      07-29-2012 03:11 AM #67
      Quote Originally Posted by boostedbastid View Post
      lolz. my buddy did that in a small town i used to live in and the cop just watched.
      In those parts that is a normal driving maneuver. He must of been impressed with my turning left abilities, like that dang ol' circle track.

Crappy deal though. It's fun to watch people jump on how someone did everything so wrong when it could easily happen to them. I've even had a buddy happen to him after getting his car back from a reputable shop. At least no one was hurt and it was mostly fender damage and nothing seemly too costly.

Also to Travis if your still subscribed.. It's always a good idea to roll the wheel ~180 degrees and do another torque check if using spacers, or just go for a quick drive around the block and re-torque. I've had some crappy hubcentric spacers do the same because it didn't fit the center bore of the wheel too well.
      Last edited by DowNnOuTDubin; 07-29-2012 at 03:35 AM.

07-29-2012 05:07 AM #68
      Yeah I guess when you consider the fact that most of the people "stancing" are 16 and the lamination on their license hasn't even dried yet, then yes I guess 29 is old. And there is no crying for you ruining your own car, just pointing out the proven fact its the gayest thing since your uber tight girl pants and hipster mustache.
      I would like to see all of your sources for what makes "stancing" so homosexual.

Thank you!
      My photographs can be found on: Tumblr & Facebook

Vehicles
      07-29-2012 05:19 AM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by rennis View Post
      What cracks me up most about this thread is that this guy is being thrown under the bus mostly because the word "stance" was used in the title. If someone had said "Dumped B5 gets uber slammed" this thing would have died the day it was started.
      Or it's because his wheel fell off trying achieve a certain type of look... Which i have personally never seen someone fail this hard with spacers or adapters.

Vehicles
      Too many yet never enough...
      07-29-2012 12:14 PM #70
      Straight refrigeratored!

Hope its back on the road soon, missed seeing it at the rock gtg!

21. 07-30-2012 11:54 AM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by geoj View Post
      Or it's because his wheel fell off trying achieve a certain type of look... Which i have personally never seen someone fail this hard with spacers or adapters.
      It really doesn't matter what look he was after, what matters is that the wheels weren't properly torqued or the wrong combination of components was used to fasten a pretty commonly used 5x112 wheel to a hub. It has -0- to do with "stance" unless he was using some weird spacers or adapters. which I am guessing he was not.

We should call auto-crossers douchers too because I've seen wheels fall off on track days.

BPC>>Shoot when you're hot, shoot to get hot

22. Member
      Vehicles
      01 Toyota 4runner sr5
      07-30-2012 02:33 PM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by ryanmiller View Post
      the" stance " thing is just motorsports styling, to the extreme, just like anything else ; choppers, lifted trucks, drag cars.

it doesn't need to die off, but it needs to get back to where the cars are drivable and don't cause a inconvenience to normal drivers, weather it be going extremely slow on bad roads, or wheels falling off
      This right here.

The whole form>function thing is dumb. It should be form along with function.
      oh herro.

Vehicles
      2004.5 GLI
      07-30-2012 03:11 PM #73
      still love your car twinkie
      step 1: slam it
      step 2: make a sandwich
      Quote Originally Posted by boostd12v View Post
      not my cup of tea, and I drink a lot of tea

Vehicles
      07-30-2012 03:34 PM #74
      It really doesn't matter what look he was after, what matters is that the wheels weren't properly torqued or the wrong combination of components was used to fasten a pretty commonly used 5x112 wheel to a hub. It has -0- to do with "stance" unless he was using some weird spacers or adapters. which I am guessing he was not.
      He was using spacers... but I don't know about the "weird" ones your talking about.

We should call auto-crossers douchers too because I've seen wheels fall off on track days.
      If they didn't take the time to make sure their wheels were tight then why not...

Vehicles
      leaky vulva
      07-30-2012 10:16 PM #75
      At Formula Drift I asked him if he made sure that he put them on correctly. He said yes.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast