VWVortex.com - Eurovan CV Slide Door Mosquito Net
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Eurovan CV Slide Door Mosquito Net

1. 07-19-2012 11:50 PM #1
      Hello,

I have a 93y T4 Westfalia Eurovan CV. I looking for Snap Button for Curtain/Net, it has male and femal in both side. Please let me know the name of this button. I was not able to find it with Google.

I bought T4 Westfalia Slide Door Mosquito Net from Peter Gunzl's Günzl Classic Parts Germany. http://www.vwbusshop.de/
      it's extremely poor quality. its not fit to T4 westfalia, bad shape, seams hopping. Disappointment. They seem to have made with drinking a beer.

The worst problem is did not fit the westfalia button location. I contact them many times. but they ignored.

I've decided to replace the button myself but I was not able to find it.
      I was using Aluminum rivets to fastening the male and female snaps. not good.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by bwed; 07-23-2012 at 01:42 AM.

Vehicles
      '78 Rabbit; '85 Quantum wagon; '82 Callaway Rabbit truck; '02 Eurovam MV; '10 Ducati 1198S Corse
      07-20-2012 06:01 PM #2
      sounds like you may have a screen for a VANAGON instead of a Eurovan. I didn't even know they had them for the EV. I had one for my Vanagon Carat that I installed. I believe those are just called snap buttons but I could be wrong.
      www.desmolition.com

Follow me on Facebook at ducatiscotty

3. 07-21-2012 07:54 AM #3
      Thanks, Spectaculiciousnes.
      They have two kinds of MQ nets for T4, 91-96 old and 96+. I ordered 91-96 old. I haven't made an order mistake. Even though they may have sent the wrong item, they have no intention of paying the both-way mailing cost from Germany. they never speak up. I was really disappointed in this shop. I said to them, "Please send the special buttons, I fix by myself". they never reply....
      Any way, I searched to various words and phrases. reversible snaps, studs, two way snaps, both sides.......
      but I was not able to find it.
      Thanks again,
      Last edited by bwed; 07-31-2012 at 03:13 AM.

Vehicles
      '78 Rabbit; '85 Quantum wagon; '82 Callaway Rabbit truck; '02 Eurovam MV; '10 Ducati 1198S Corse
      07-21-2012 03:36 PM #4
      www.desmolition.com

Follow me on Facebook at ducatiscotty

5. 07-22-2012 01:28 AM #5
      Thanks for the info.
      Sorry,I'm afraid I didn't explain it clearly. I got these buttons in a local boat shop and sewing notions store, I use aluminum rivet and fix them but no good. I want to put on a male to one side and to attach a female to another side. I looking for male dot with hollow post.

6. 07-22-2012 11:31 PM #6
      fixed.

The name of the button is a "Gypsy Studs".
      I looked for the buttons, wander from place to place....

http://www.perfectfit.com/15328/1559...psy-Studs.html

There is no contact from a Günzl Classic Parts Germany, vwbusshop yet, one month have passed.
      May be they sent wrong items 96+,they do not want to pay the high mailing cost of both ways. they never speak up.
      TOO BAAAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.
      Last edited by bwed; 07-31-2012 at 03:27 AM.

Vehicles
      e46 Touring
      07-31-2012 05:51 PM #7
      i run an upholstery shop - if you need any help tracking this stuff down just lmk and ill help any way i can.

Im actually thinking about making one myself.

8. 08-01-2012 03:43 AM #8
      Thanks for your kind message. I caught Gypsies. If you wont detailed drawing of a MQ net for 92-96 T4 Westfalia. I create for you.

9. 08-29-2013 03:20 PM #9
      Thank you for that important info. I was actually looking for those Gypsy Studs myself. And I also want to make mosquito screen for sliding door. I have 1993 VW Eurovan MV Westfalia Weakender. Is it same or similar to yours? Can you share you experience or sewing instructions, patterns etc? I'll be very thankful!

For advertising information click HERE