Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Eurovan CV Slide Door Mosquito Net

1. 07-19-2012 11:50 PM #1
      Hello,

I have a 93y T4 Westfalia Eurovan CV. I looking for Snap Button for Curtain/Net, it has male and femal in both side. Please let me know the name of this button. I was not able to find it with Google.

I bought T4 Westfalia Slide Door Mosquito Net from Peter Gunzl's Günzl Classic Parts Germany. http://www.vwbusshop.de/
      it's extremely poor quality. its not fit to T4 westfalia, bad shape, seams hopping. Disappointment. They seem to have made with drinking a beer.

The worst problem is did not fit the westfalia button location. I contact them many times. but they ignored.

I've decided to replace the button myself but I was not able to find it.
      I was using Aluminum rivets to fastening the male and female snaps. not good.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by bwed; 07-23-2012 at 01:42 AM.

Vehicles
      '78 Rabbit; '85 Quantum wagon; '82 Callaway Rabbit truck; '02 Eurovam MV; '10 Ducati 1198S Corse
      07-20-2012 06:01 PM #2
      sounds like you may have a screen for a VANAGON instead of a Eurovan. I didn't even know they had them for the EV. I had one for my Vanagon Carat that I installed. I believe those are just called snap buttons but I could be wrong.
      www.desmolition.com

Follow me on Facebook at ducatiscotty

3. 07-21-2012 07:54 AM #3
      Thanks, Spectaculiciousnes.
      They have two kinds of MQ nets for T4, 91-96 old and 96+. I ordered 91-96 old. I haven't made an order mistake. Even though they may have sent the wrong item, they have no intention of paying the both-way mailing cost from Germany. they never speak up. I was really disappointed in this shop. I said to them, "Please send the special buttons, I fix by myself". they never reply....
      Any way, I searched to various words and phrases. reversible snaps, studs, two way snaps, both sides.......
      but I was not able to find it.
      Thanks again,
      Last edited by bwed; 07-31-2012 at 03:13 AM.

Vehicles
      '78 Rabbit; '85 Quantum wagon; '82 Callaway Rabbit truck; '02 Eurovam MV; '10 Ducati 1198S Corse
      07-21-2012 03:36 PM #4
      www.desmolition.com

Follow me on Facebook at ducatiscotty

5. 07-22-2012 01:28 AM #5
      Thanks for the info.
      Sorry,I'm afraid I didn't explain it clearly. I got these buttons in a local boat shop and sewing notions store, I use aluminum rivet and fix them but no good. I want to put on a male to one side and to attach a female to another side. I looking for male dot with hollow post.

6. 07-22-2012 11:31 PM #6
      fixed.

The name of the button is a "Gypsy Studs".
      I looked for the buttons, wander from place to place....

http://www.perfectfit.com/15328/1559...psy-Studs.html

There is no contact from a Günzl Classic Parts Germany, vwbusshop yet, one month have passed.
      May be they sent wrong items 96+,they do not want to pay the high mailing cost of both ways. they never speak up.
      TOO BAAAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.
      Last edited by bwed; 07-31-2012 at 03:27 AM.

Vehicles
      e46 Touring
      07-31-2012 05:51 PM #7
      i run an upholstery shop - if you need any help tracking this stuff down just lmk and ill help any way i can.

Im actually thinking about making one myself.

8. 08-01-2012 03:43 AM #8
      Thanks for your kind message. I caught Gypsies. If you wont detailed drawing of a MQ net for 92-96 T4 Westfalia. I create for you.

9. 08-29-2013 03:20 PM #9
      Thank you for that important info. I was actually looking for those Gypsy Studs myself. And I also want to make mosquito screen for sliding door. I have 1993 VW Eurovan MV Westfalia Weakender. Is it same or similar to yours? Can you share you experience or sewing instructions, patterns etc? I'll be very thankful!