Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Eos Seat Memory

Vehicles
      All original 77 Rabbit; 14 Jetta; 14 Outback
      07-21-2012 08:06 PM #1
      I'm test driving a 2012 Eos. I don't have the owner's manual. The window sticker says it has seat memory. In prior VWs I've owned that have seat memory, there is a switch on the driver's seat that has "set, 1, 2, 3" buttons. I don't see that on this car. I can't find that switch on the door either. Anyone know how seat memory works on these? I'm also wondering if they didn't install it on this car...

Thanks

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 CC and 2009 Eos
      07-21-2012 09:08 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by type17volkswagen View Post
      I'm test driving a 2012 Eos. I don't have the owner's manual. The window sticker says it has seat memory. In prior VWs I've owned that have seat memory, there is a switch on the driver's seat that has "set, 1, 2, 3" buttons. I don't see that on this car. I can't find that switch on the door either. Anyone know how seat memory works on these? I'm also wondering if they didn't install it on this car...

Thanks
      If it doesn't have the "1,2, and 3 buttons", it does not have memory seats.

But.........................for your sake, I hope I am wrong. I have them on my CC and they are really nice since both my wife and I drive it. I am the only driver of the Eos, so it really doesn't matter there.

By the way, what model Eos is it?
      13 CC Sport Plus/K@N Air Filter/Complete LED Interior Lighting/18" Interlagos/Cooper tires/Underbody LED Safety Lighting/Chrome Mirrors & Door Handles.
      09 Eos/Tech Package/RNS510/K&N Filter/Silver & Black Leather Seats/Sherwood Dash Kit/LED Interior Lighting/Underbody LED Safety Lighting/Under Seat Drawer/R-Line Flat Bottom MFSW/Volk-L Bluetooth/Dash Cubby/BackUp Cam

3. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2011 VW Eos 2.0T Lux Reflex Silver with Red Leather, Tech package, Dynaudio, and Nav; 2010 Audi Q5
      07-21-2012 09:43 PM #3
      Seat memory on the EOS refers to something different than the 1-2-3. It means that if you flip the seat forward and use the electric button to slide the seat forward to let a passenger in , then you flip the seat back and use the electric button to slide the seat back it will stop at the position you were in at first. While not "memory" for different drivers, it is a helpful feature overall

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 CC and 2009 Eos
      07-22-2012 03:16 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by DSWitte View Post
      Seat memory on the EOS refers to something different than the 1-2-3. It means that if you flip the seat forward and use the electric button to slide the seat forward to let a passenger in , then you flip the seat back and use the electric button to slide the seat back it will stop at the position you were in at first. While not "memory" for different drivers, it is a helpful feature overall
      Yes, I forgot about that.

It can be very handy, not only for passenger use but also for retrieving articles in the back seat without messing up your original setting.

I believe it is standard on every Eos.
      13 CC Sport Plus/K@N Air Filter/Complete LED Interior Lighting/18" Interlagos/Cooper tires/Underbody LED Safety Lighting/Chrome Mirrors & Door Handles.
      09 Eos/Tech Package/RNS510/K&N Filter/Silver & Black Leather Seats/Sherwood Dash Kit/LED Interior Lighting/Underbody LED Safety Lighting/Under Seat Drawer/R-Line Flat Bottom MFSW/Volk-L Bluetooth/Dash Cubby/BackUp Cam

Vehicles
      2012 VW Eos Lux
      07-23-2012 09:25 AM #5
      Yeah, this is handy, unless you accidentally tap either button which adjusts the "memorized" position. The only way to get it back to where it was, is to use the buttons to re-position the seat back to where you think it was. I hit them all the time when reaching for the seat-back release lever.