Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: not the expected..

Vehicles
      Sold '87 GLi, Sold '97 GTi VR, rip '97 Jetta VR, 1998 Jetta VR
      07-23-2012 08:55 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by AlyssaC View Post
      I have nothing but love for the MKV & MKVI's and I'm currently in a MKI. Maybe because I started out with a New Beetle and then went to a MKV, etc. How I feel about it now is "Who gives a crap who likes your stuff? If you like it, that's all that matters." everyone should just be friendly and respectful to one another. We're all mostly in it for the same thing. The love of VAG. Love all marks. Everyone should think of it kind of like a family tree. MKI's being the great great great parent, MKII's being the great great grandparent, MKIII's being the great grandparent, MKIV grandparent, MKV parent and MKVI the child. We all have to love one another because we're all family. <3 Cheesy, I know. But I'm a girl...I have an excuse. Haha!

I agree with this but this wasnt so much the point in my thread.. My point is that i noticed the people with the older generation vws that came out for the show with possible hopes of finding some parts or what have you .. I would almost garuntee didnt find a thing.. And it's slightly sad.. almost everyone on here has said respect the elders.. so wheres the support in parts and cars.. Fading AWAY.

Vehicles
      2010 Audi B8 S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & 2007 VW MKV GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      07-23-2012 09:24 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by vdubk1d View Post
      APR, yous def had one hell of a presentation. But again.. I'm a vr guy and i did stop in and ask for some things and to no avail, there was nothing i wanted or needed..
      Hey, I hear yah. I was once a VW owner with a car not supported by APR and I was always bummed out they never had anything for me. I truly wish we could support everything, but unfortunately as time goes on, it's harder and harder to go back and work on everything we haven't supported before.

I hope down the road when you get into another platform, it will be one we've successfully supported.
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801

3. 07-23-2012 09:40 PM #38
      The manufacturers stepped up to the plate most had great representation. But the dealers weren't that great unless you wanted hid kits leds shirts license plates etc etc. I was in hopes of finding simple maintenance parts for my car 03 wolf. Walked out to find my antenna gone walked back to locate a new one and not one vendor had one. A simple antenna couldn't be found not even in the swap. Everyone I went to said well we could ship you one. I'm at a dubb show why would I have you ship something lol. Wanted to buy a case of oil filters was told by multiple shops well we don't have cases to sell but you can buy them individually at full price. Really lol you would think in this economy the little guys will do whatever they can to bring revenue in. did manage to get a box of ngk plugs for ten buks lol. Other than that the show cars where great the races where great and the people where friendly.
      Last edited by Hirobo; 07-23-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Vehicles
      07-23-2012 09:45 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
      Hey, I hear yah. I was once a VW owner with a car not supported by APR and I was always bummed out they never had anything for me. I truly wish we could support everything, but unfortunately as time goes on, it's harder and harder to go back and work on everything we haven't supported before.

I hope down the road when you get into another platform, it will be one we've successfully supported.
      I'd step up to another platform.. tops would be a mkiv r32 or early mkiv 12v if there was sponsorship for the attempts to break records.. other than that im sticking to my roots in mk3s, its just where i feel i belong

But i do note your statement.. and it is understandable..

Vehicles
      04 NB, 06 GTI, 11 CC Executive, 10 Routan, 91 Cabriolet EA edition
      07-24-2012 12:22 AM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by vdubk1d View Post
      I agree with this but this wasnt so much the point in my thread.. My point is that i noticed the people with the older generation vws that came out for the show with possible hopes of finding some parts or what have you .. I would almost garuntee didnt find a thing.. And it's slightly sad.. almost everyone on here has said respect the elders.. so wheres the support in parts and cars.. Fading AWAY.
      Oh I'll agree with that! There wasn't anything really for the MKI's and II's. My post went to the other people that were stating that the MKI people hate the MKV people, etc. It's not always true.
      Believe nothing you hear, and only half of what you see.

Vehicles
      07/VW/Rabbit
      07-24-2012 10:40 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by IdontOwnAVW View Post
      Hey I like getting ****faced in Maine by Sebec lake....how close are we?
      well sh*t...

Vehicles
      2003 VW gti BAGGED
      07-24-2012 10:59 AM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by Zaedrous View Post
      Best Western was a good time.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
      agreed..Best Western East Brunswick
      Quote Originally Posted by briggs rabbit View Post
      I really dont think N.W. A. is to blame nor Slick Rick... and easy mtyhr fukn E is dead. The blame lies within the lyrics of Slayer, W.A.S.P., Megadeath. And Irion Maden Brain washing The younger generation into ASSHATERY.ex. drinking using drugs and ofcourse regressing into early stages of toddler hood ( whinning).............. But thats why the forums are here

Vehicles
      MK4 R32, '14 Jeep
      07-24-2012 11:30 AM #43
      I loved that the judging was done and winners announced by 3:30. Usually that drags on until past 5 and no one wants to be there that late. APR really stepped it up and brought some truly impressive stuff. Way too many sticker vendors, otherwise it was just another mediocre WF as usual

Vehicles
      '99 Volkswagen Passat, '12 Jeep Patriot
      07-24-2012 07:24 PM #44
      I've never seen the Waterfest forum move so slowly in the days right after the show. At least there aren't a million "Girls of Waterfest" and "Did anyone get pictures of my black MkIV" threads.

Vehicles
      07-24-2012 08:38 PM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by aar0n. View Post
      I loved that the judging was done and winners announced by 3:30. Usually that drags on until past 5 and no one wants to be there that late. APR really stepped it up and brought some truly impressive stuff. Way too many sticker vendors, otherwise it was just another mediocre WF as usual
      i agree with this but i will say i don't know who put the judges that judged in charge.. but i don't think they did a good job.. I know a few of the people that were judged and seen the cars they classed with.. lets just say that some of the other cars in many different perspectives shouldn't have surpassed and did..

Vehicles
      98 colorado red 1.8t passat,2008 R32 #3800 CW (SOLD) :(
      07-24-2012 08:55 PM #46
      i feel the same way it is nothing like when i went 4 years ago it has been loosing its hype. the venders are not what they were then i don't think i have seen German auto parts there in 4 years. just to name one.

Vehicles
      '00 12v VR
      07-24-2012 09:07 PM #47
      For me waterfest 18 was my first waterfest i had ever gone to and the second major show i had been to second to h20i 2011. in my opinion being a mkiv vr guy i as well as a few others in this thread went looking for performance parts on hand to walk away with, only come to find a serious lack there of. apr had a very nice set up but nothing to offer for me.. as for the others just plain and simple there wasn't much there.. i ended up getting flashed at unitronic because of the sheer power difference from all the other companies. i was at show with plenty of cash on hand but only ended up spending just shy of 500. i found some pieces i needed like a tail light at the swap meet, and stage 1 dog bone from BFI but prices for most of the items i was looking for elsewhere from where i bought were SKY high. $260 for a set of tail light lenses!!! with no light tree!! wow yea from my first experience of waterfest i would say i am hesitant to return next year unless some changes are looked into. as far as weather overall feel crowd turn out it was excellent.
      VRSociety #384

Vehicles
      07-24-2012 09:17 PM #48

Vehicles
      98 colorado red 1.8t passat,2008 R32 #3800 CW (SOLD) :(
      07-24-2012 10:22 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by gr8shot10 View Post
      For me waterfest 18 was my first waterfest i had ever gone to and the second major show i had been to second to h20i 2011. in my opinion being a mkiv vr guy i as well as a few others in this thread went looking for performance parts on hand to walk away with, only come to find a serious lack there of. apr had a very nice set up but nothing to offer for me.. as for the others just plain and simple there wasn't much there.. i ended up getting flashed at unitronic because of the sheer power difference from all the other companies. i was at show with plenty of cash on hand but only ended up spending just shy of 500. i found some pieces i needed like a tail light at the swap meet, and stage 1 dog bone from BFI but prices for most of the items i was looking for elsewhere from where i bought were SKY high. $260 for a set of tail light lenses!!! with no light tree!! wow yea from my first experience of waterfest i would say i am hesitant to return next year unless some changes are looked into. as far as weather overall feel crowd turn out it was excellent.
      Yeah I have a mkv r and there was nothing really there for me at all I hear you there this will be the the last waterfest for me for a few years

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Vehicles
      1940 D15 Slant back
      07-25-2012 03:17 PM #50
      Very disappointing turnout this year.

1) From JRP we usally have 40-50 cars come down. This year (8) ???? What Happend?

Well the numbers are falling for any one coming from anywhere to waterfest.

Something has to be done here.

2) Vendors dont bring anything to the shows parts wise, even for popular models. Most attending the show want to buy there at a discount and save the shipping as well as Boarder tax for all of us Canadians. Every year I speak to the Manufacutres and the distributors at the show that there missing out on a large sales opportunity and no one is listening. MFG's should make a deal with there distributors to bring stock in and what does not sell can be returned to the MFG. That way
      there not rising being over stocked for the rest of the year.

Come on guys get your act together, (your complaining the economy sucks, your not listening to your customers!)

3) Friday night and Saturday night were crap cuz the police was everywere not alowing anything to happen. Can the organizers get us an industrial spot thats sponsored by a local shop or Tire place??
      That way were out of the publics way and still having a blast.

Vehicles
      1940 D15 Slant back
      07-25-2012 03:19 PM #51
      This was definatly the last waterfest for me and 100's of others unless everyone gets there act together.

We need to safe this event before its to late.

Vehicles
      07-25-2012 08:25 PM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by frosjetta View Post
      2) Vendors dont bring anything to the shows parts wise, even for popular models.
      Some do! We filled an entire 18 wheeler full of products.

It was mostly empty on the way home.

Vehicles
      mk4 1.8TEEE
      07-26-2012 02:49 PM #53
      APR definitely brought their game both days but one thing they lacked which seemed to be pretty much what every tent lacked was mk4 and older vw parts. My friend wanted to purchase a 3" turbo back for his 20th and APR didnt have it there and not to mention were from Canada so shipping it to us would eliminate pretty much the sale price.

Needless to say my friend purchased a billy boat turboback shipped for 250$ less then what everyone else quoted him.

All in all I had a good time drinking with Americans at the Days Inn. Met a bunch of awesome people and enjoyed the hotel atmosphere alot more then I would have anticipated.
      Euro Touch Tuning - 647 692 3876
      Specializing in alignments on lowered/bagged vehicles

Vehicles
      07-26-2012 03:03 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by NorthernGTI View Post
      APR definitely brought their game both days but one thing they lacked which seemed to be pretty much what every tent lacked was mk4 and older vw parts. My friend wanted to purchase a 3" turbo back for his 20th and APR didnt have it there and not to mention were from Canada so shipping it to us would eliminate pretty much the sale price.

Needless to say my friend purchased a billy boat turboback shipped for 250$ less then what everyone else quoted him.

All in all I had a good time drinking with Americans at the Days Inn. Met a bunch of awesome people and enjoyed the hotel atmosphere alot more then I would have anticipated.
      We did have many MK4 exhausts in stock and even installed soem at the show, but I know we did not have every single version. Whatever we didn't have at the show we were shipping for free, but I'm not sure what our policy was on international shipping. At any rate, sorry we didn't have it!

Vehicles
      2012 VW GOLF R, 2012 RZR 900 XP
      07-26-2012 04:14 PM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
      Some do! We filled an entire 18 wheeler full of products.

It was mostly empty on the way home.
      I was impressed with your setup at the show, and was also very happy to get my HPFP at the show price on sunday morning .

Thank you,
      Bill
      United Motorsport 12.311@112 mph on 93 octane
      Georgia 1/2 mile 2014 135.78 mph

21. 07-28-2012 02:28 AM #56
      APR always does well at Waterfest, but it seems like APR only holds the event to show everybody else up. I know the other vendors are the competition, but can nothing be done to make it more appealing for them to make a decent showing? No parts, chipping discounts were a joke, swap meet was lame. I'm sure it's not all APRs fault, but how do vendors just decide not to show up anymore?

Waterfest used to be alotta fun, but I really don't see the point in going down next year. ****, I remember the year they had the dirty crackwhores naked on top of cars, then NJ flooded,,,,,,,,,but it was still alotta fun

Vehicles
      07-29-2012 04:28 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by blackvento36 View Post
      APR always does well at Waterfest, but it seems like APR only holds the event to show everybody else up. I know the other vendors are the competition, but can nothing be done to make it more appealing for them to make a decent showing? No parts, chipping discounts were a joke, swap meet was lame. I'm sure it's not all APRs fault, but how do vendors just decide not to show up anymore?

Waterfest used to be alotta fun, but I really don't see the point in going down next year. ****, I remember the year they had the dirty crackwhores naked on top of cars, then NJ flooded,,,,,,,,,but it was still alotta fun
      I'll see if we can just bring a couple EZups next year so everyone else will feel better about themselves, but hey, you asked for it!

Quote Originally Posted by blackvento36 in 2012
      Even APR's booth got smaller.......... How they hell do you have a little booth at your own show? [...] I'm tellin ya Arin, it has to be you. Once you became APRs internet guy WF took a dive

23. Member
      Vehicles
      Cars Suck!
      07-29-2012 08:36 PM #58
      agreed WF has been going down hill,I drive 16 hours from east coast of Canada and this year was by far the lamest at the Hotels and the first year i did not bring parts back home with me.

Looking forward to H20 in September
      Last edited by .:R Wagon; 07-29-2012 at 09:34 PM.
      PVW 04-08 and PVW 12-12
      .:R32 Turbo AWD Jetta wagon
      3.3 Turbo DSG MK1 TT
      Kraftwerx auto inc. http://www.kraftwerx.ca

Vehicles
      Golf TDI
      07-29-2012 09:13 PM #59
      Re: apr not liking the magician and how they could improve the show: You could start by honoring the deals you promise your "customers" instead of dinging them an extra $700 when they show up to get their product that they were promised in advance. Personally, the magician was far more entertaining the the bull**** I had to endure to spend $2000.

On another note, the show was far better than recent years, except for corporate America taking their piece of my pie. I'll be back next year, but I'll push Unitronic even harder than I did this year featured in the back drop of the magicians extremely entertaining show!

Vehicles
      07-30-2012 01:12 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by Asl33p View Post
      Re: apr not liking the magician and how they could improve the show: You could start by honoring the deals you promise your "customers" instead of dinging them an extra $700 when they show up to get their product that they were promised in advance. Personally, the magician was far more entertaining the the bull**** I had to endure to spend $2000.
      Huh?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12