Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 15 of 15

    Thread: 1983 Scirocco Wolfsburg now $1350 Dayton Ohio

    1. 07-23-2012 11:56 AM #1
      1983 VW Scirocco for Sale $1350. Over 200,000 miles and still going strong this car is almost 30 years old. Sold as is. Cosmetically okay. No damage, only a couple small rust spots starting on rear wheel wells. Clearcoat needs finished. I am not going to fix it up to show, so I will sell it to someone else.

      It has a 1.8 liter engine and a 5 speed transmission. Rare Single Wiper. The Transmission and clutch are in good order. The engine runs well. The tires are winter tires and have about 50% life left. I have many spare parts that go with the car as well as repair manuals.

      I bought the car with 180,000 miles on it. It now has 203,000 miles on it. It gets about 32 miles per gallon. The heater works very well. The car has no air conditioning because it no longer works and I didn't fix it.

      I bought it in August of 2010. The car had a dent in the driver's door which I repaired. I replaced many of the vacuum lines, the master cylinder and the front brake pads. The front pads have a lifetime warranty for as long as you have the receipt and cores. (included with the car). I also replaced the shift knob with a nice wooden one, and I put much better speakers in the back shelf of the car.

      there are also manuals for repair work, an extra door, a set of engine gaskets, and some misc spare parts.

      The rear brakes need to be replaced as they are worn out.

      It has leather interior but the driver's seat needs some repairs.

      Will trade for a decent dual axle car hauler or a restorable Porsche 914 roller.

      937-545-6392

    2. 07-23-2012 12:02 PM #2
      be sure to hit refresh if the ad says $1695

      http://dayton.craigslist.org/cto/3106043507.html

    3. 07-24-2012 05:36 PM #3
      i think i will see what the junk yards around here will give me for it...

    4. Member vwkid_Zach's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 14th, 2007
      Location
      Rochelle, IL
      Posts
      515
      Vehicles
      1987 Scirocco 16V 1998 Chevy Blazer LS
      07-24-2012 11:37 PM #4
      Junk yards will give you nowhere near your lowest asking price... Plus, it's just a shame to send a perfectly good car there. Especially a nice, rare, Scirocco.


      BTW, you have a PM..

    5. Banned
      Join Date
      May 1st, 2012
      Posts
      65
      Vehicles
      2012 GTI
      07-25-2012 05:13 PM #5
      It'd be a shame to junk a car rather than posting the pictures people requested before making a multi-hour trip to come see it.

    6. Member vwkid_Zach's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 14th, 2007
      Location
      Rochelle, IL
      Posts
      515
      Vehicles
      1987 Scirocco 16V 1998 Chevy Blazer LS
      07-25-2012 07:49 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Der_Igel View Post
      It'd be a shame to junk a car rather than posting the pictures people requested before making a multi-hour trip to come see it.
      Don't mean to be a dick but if someone actually was interested in this Scirocco they would have noticed that the OP has had like 4 separate threads on this same Scirocco, each with a pretty drastic price drop. Plus, the second post in this thread shows his craigslist ad WITH PICTURES ATTACHED... Yeah, I know they are smaller pics and not super detailed but from one of the threads the OP posted in it appears he didn't even know you can post pics directly to this site.

      Everyone always has to be an a$$ to newbies about using the search function, but there's also people who don't do their homework for something they want or for something their interested in.

      Not being a dick, just sayin'
      Last edited by vwkid_Zach; 07-25-2012 at 07:56 PM.

    7. Banned
      Join Date
      May 1st, 2012
      Posts
      65
      Vehicles
      2012 GTI
      07-25-2012 08:16 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by vwkid_Zach View Post
      Don't mean to be a dick but if someone actually was interested in this Scirocco they would have noticed that the OP has had like 4 separate threads on this same Scirocco, each with a pretty drastic price drop. Plus, the second post in this thread shows his craigslist ad WITH PICTURES ATTACHED... Yeah, I know they are smaller pics and not super detailed but from one of the threads the OP posted in it appears he didn't even know you can post pics directly to this site.

      Everyone always has to be an a$$ to newbies about using the search function, but there's also people who don't do their homework for something they want or for something their interested in.

      Not being a dick, just sayin'

      That's all well and good, scooter, but if YOU'D been paying attention, I asked for pics in his very first thread, as I'm not willing to drive four hours one way based on four cellphone pics, none of which showed the engine bay or any of the primary problem areas. What I got instead was a more detailed description of the car. A picture is worth a thousand words for a reason. *YOU* might be willing to waste a day to go check out a car that may or may not pan out. I'd like a Scirocco, and if it was closer that'd be fine, but it's not, so he's really limiting his audience by not posting those pics.

    8. n00b
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2012
      Location
      Milwaukee, Wisconsin
      Posts
      7
      Vehicles
      1989 Chrysler Conquest Tsi
      07-26-2012 08:08 PM #8
      I see both sides of the argument. I think the seller needs to do more of the "selling" part. It's not our job to look into the car in my opinion. The seller needs to provide enough evidence of the car that only a test drive and visual further visual inspection is needed. The description is good, but more pictures would be needed before I hike down from Wisconsin.

    9. 07-27-2012 07:51 AM #9
      OK so someone help me out because I know this is a great scirocco...

      1. I am willing to take as many pictures from whatever angle you wish...
      Please tell me what that angle is... I really don't know what you want pics of

      2. I do not know how to post pics here unless they are hosted on some other site... Can anyone explain this process or give me a link on what to do.... I just set up a photobucket site and will put all the pics there...

      3. I bought this car for $2250 two years ago and fixed lots of things since then, I have only dropped the price so much because there seems to be NO demand. Maybe some of it is my own fault.

    10. Member 83mk2scirocco's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 12th, 2008
      Location
      StickenBurg,AZ
      Posts
      5,462
      Vehicles
      84 scirocco,83 Scirocco(parts),76 scirocco"Sabine",85 ledgends turbo scirocco
      07-29-2012 01:09 PM #10
      Damn it would be worth the whole interior to me.

    11. Member vwkid_Zach's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 14th, 2007
      Location
      Rochelle, IL
      Posts
      515
      Vehicles
      1987 Scirocco 16V 1998 Chevy Blazer LS
      07-29-2012 01:32 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by Der_Igel View Post
      That's all well and good, scooter, but if YOU'D been paying attention, I asked for pics in his very first thread, as I'm not willing to drive four hours one way based on four cellphone pics, none of which showed the engine bay or any of the primary problem areas. What I got instead was a more detailed description of the car. A picture is worth a thousand words for a reason. *YOU* might be willing to waste a day to go check out a car that may or may not pan out. I'd like a Scirocco, and if it was closer that'd be fine, but it's not, so he's really limiting his audience by not posting those pics.
      Well then I apologize. I did not look at every single post in the other threads. I will also agree with Josh429er as the seller needs to put more effort into selling the car. I honestly think the OP just really doesn't know how to post pics to the forum and is quite new to the online car sales gig.... at least on the forums.

      I also agree with you Der_Igel that nobody further away will be willing to just take a road trip to see a car that didn't have a very detailed sales ad in the first place.

    12. Member vwkid_Zach's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 14th, 2007
      Location
      Rochelle, IL
      Posts
      515
      Vehicles
      1987 Scirocco 16V 1998 Chevy Blazer LS
      07-29-2012 01:38 PM #12
      Also, dflesburg, PLEASE RESPOND TO YOUR PM's... When you log into the forum click on the link "Notifications". It is located under the sponsors ad, and is two links to the right of your username.

      Thanks!

    13. 09-22-2012 07:19 PM #13
      Is this still available and do you have pics?

    14. 09-26-2012 10:53 PM #14
      Yeah really, is this car still for sale?
      Sciroccos forever!
      Get on the list: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/scirocco-l

    15. 09-28-2012 11:10 AM #15
      Sorry guys, the car is sold. I picked it up last week.

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •