Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jim Henson Company ends business relationship with Chick-fil-A over anti-gay views

Vehicles
      2013 Touareg
      07-24-2012 10:06 AM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by xombiesarelove View Post
      If they could make their waffle fries in the shape of swastikas Id probably just laugh.

Or just crosses.
      Go Gators!

Vehicles
      2011 WRX, 2002 Gti, 1994 Audi 100S
      07-24-2012 10:12 AM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by Surf Green View Post
      I was 100% with you until you made this point. For that reason, I won't buy a chicken sandwich from you.
      I'm selling cookies...and free candy.

I'm totally for gay marriage and on top of that I'm not religious at all. I just think this whole fuss is over something that should already be known.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio!
      I'm just imagining what it was like to have an F-22, which is a positively gigantic fighter plane, just sort of sidle up next to you in midair. Just kind of like, 'sup, dudes, aloo snackbar.

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R
      07-24-2012 10:14 AM #38
      Remember when Proctor & Gamble was bank rolling Satan worshippers?
      Scotch. It's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford T. Injustice View Post
      Wow such Canagay. Much hairy. So cuddles.

Vehicles
      2010 Mazda6 GT-I4
      07-24-2012 10:22 AM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      They have donated millions to 'anti-gay' Christian groups.
      What does that mean? The Christian wing of the Republican party? Southern Baptist Churches? The Boy Scouts?
      The line seems dubiously vague.
      As I recall, it's to citizen/protest groups like those that lobby companies and state governments and that sort of thing.

Vehicles
      2011 Ram 1500, 2003 Stratus SXT
      07-24-2012 10:31 AM #40
      Other fast food chains are speaking out about their views of gay marriage...

Previously Owned: 2010 Kia Forte, 2010 JK Wrangler, 2007 Passat, 2003 Jetta, 2002 Jetta, 1992 Sentra, 1998 Dakota, 1990 Ford Ranger

07-24-2012 10:35 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      Hmmmm.

Children's show characters.....gay sex.....it feels like there's an OT story here somewhere
      Yeah, whatever happened to that episode of iCarly with the teacher jizzing on her face anyway?
      MemeGate 2012 - First Responder, post #2

Quote Originally Posted by .skully.
      Mike, quote me in your signature

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R
      07-24-2012 10:38 AM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Av8r View Post
      Yeah, whatever happened to that episode of iCarly with the teacher jizzing on her face anyway?
      Forgot about that one

I was talking about big bird.
      Scotch. It's time.

Vehicles
      MKV GTI / RIP MKIV Jetta / Burn in HADES GLS Beetle 1.8T!
      07-24-2012 10:59 AM #43
      I totally forgot about that!!! did it ever air?
      "We'll not risk another frontal assault... that rabbit's DYNAMITE!"

MKV GTI : 4dr / TR / 50mm Vogtland & FK cup kit / 27mm Hotchkis RSB / S6 Reps / Stubby Antenna / Baby seat!!!

Vehicles
      2002 Golf Wagon TDI. 1996 Surf Green GTI VR6. 2015 Forester (Wife)
      07-24-2012 11:04 AM #44
      This comment is relevant to my interests, but I'm afraid to enter the terms into google at work.
      Bro, do you even lift? When you only have 90 horsepower, you don't ever lift.
      2002 Golf Wagon TDI - 1996 GTI VR6 - YouTube Track Videos - flickr

10. Member
      Vehicles
      '12 JKU / '06 FXSTDI
      07-24-2012 11:10 AM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by DSG-TDI View Post
      Would it make any difference for those of you who tolerate Chick-fil-A's intolerance if they financially supported groups higher on the hate group food chain than anti-gays? What if they financed the Aryan Nation? The American Communist Party? Neo Nazis?

A hate group is a hate group and no damn chicken sandwich is worth financially supporting those a**holes' agendas in ANY WAY.
      Did someone say party?

Vehicles
      2006 VW Passat 3.6
      07-24-2012 11:32 AM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by Surf Green View Post
      This comment is relevant to my interests, but I'm afraid to enter the terms into google at work.
      This.

12. Member
      07-24-2012 11:48 AM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by Manu44 View Post
      Edit...and since when has homosexual marriage become a "human right" ?
      Ummmm...beacuse they are human and should have the same rights as anyone else.

Remember blacks and whites couldn't marry not that long ago either.

13. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8
      07-24-2012 12:03 PM #48
      Would it make any difference for those of you who tolerate Chick-fil-A's intolerance if they financially supported groups higher on the hate group food chain than anti-gays? What if they financed the Aryan Nation? The American Communist Party? Neo Nazis?

A hate group is a hate group and no damn chicken sandwich is worth financially supporting those a**holes' agendas in ANY WAY.
      You are very intolerant to their viewpoint.
      By your own definition, that makes you a hate group.
      |˙˙ʇǝuɹǝʇuı ǝɥʇ uo ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ɯopuɐɹ pɐǝɹ noʎ :ǝɯıʇ ǝǝɹɟ ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ʎɐʍ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ןןǝʇ oʇ ʍoɥ˙˙˙|http://hotlinktest.com/

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R
      07-24-2012 12:06 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      You are very intolerant to their viewpoint.
      By your own definition, that makes you a hate group.
      I think he needs one more person. Maybe two.

Would a two person hate group just be a hate pair?
      Scotch. It's time.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      07-24-2012 12:19 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

Vehicles
      Hondas, regular and extra-pricey
      07-24-2012 12:53 PM #51

Because not getting married = genocide of all your clan.

I'm not against gay marriage, but try to separate the drama from the queen, eh?

Vehicles
      1990 20v Corrado(soon), 2001 Outback 250k strong!
      07-24-2012 01:07 PM #52
      I never knew that there was a relationship between the two but I figured it out. How else is the food so good?

Women are gentle and soft, but they hit things...

20v AEB Corrado Build thread.
      Parting a B4 ABA Passat?

18. Member
      Vehicles
      '12 JKU / '06 FXSTDI
      07-24-2012 01:10 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by EGSEDAN View Post
      Ummmm...beacuse they are human and should have the same rights as anyone else.

Remember blacks and whites couldn't marry not that long ago either.
      Marriage is not a basic right guaranteed to all living breathing human beings. It's a ceremony and title made up by a religion. It's that simple.

If gay people want to be married they should start their own church and call it whatever they want.

The only thing that would be wrong about that is if the government didn't give the gay people that were humdingered the same benefits as the normal people that were married.

07-24-2012 01:12 PM #55
      Mmm. Just had one of their sandwiches. Drive through was backed up for days.

Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      07-24-2012 01:15 PM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by Village Idiot™ View Post
      The only thing that would be wrong about that is if the government didn't give the gay people that were humdingered the same benefits as the normal people that were married.
      Ding ding ding. The real issue isn't "marriage," it's giving privileges to some and excluding them from others. If gays (or whomever!) were able to simply designate their partner (or trusted next of kin of choice) their executor, trustee, medical POA, beneficiary, and so forth, and call their relationship what they wish, it'd be much less unfair. As it stands, male-female marriages are allowed special legal status and priveleges that are not afforded to others.
      IPRO Meat-Director and High Minister of Terror-Grilling

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Man View Post
      The Terror Grill: Part restaurant, part amusement attraction, part gladiator arena, all profit.
      ARE YOU NOT SATIATED?!?!?!

21. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      07-24-2012 01:20 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Ding ding ding. The real issue isn't "marriage," it's giving privileges to some and excluding them from others. If gays (or whomever!) were able to simply designate their partner (or trusted next of kin of choice) their executor, trustee, medical POA, beneficiary, and so forth, and call their relationship what they wish, it'd be much less unfair. As it stands, male-female marriages are allowed special legal status and priveleges that are not afforded to others.
      That's cuz hetero couples can reproduce and create more slave children for the corporate overlords. Same sex marriages don't produce children so they are no benefit to the corporate overlords that control government.

Did I just post on TIGNinja's account?

Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

22. 07-24-2012 01:20 PM #58
      If gay people want to be married they should start their own church and call it whatever they want.
      We have (for those of us that are spiritually inclined).

The only thing that would be wrong about that is if the government didn't give the gay people that were humdingered the same benefits as the non-same-sex people that were married.
      (FTFY BTW.)

And therein IS the problem. The federal government, and most states, does (not "if"...IDK what you mean by "if") discriminate in this fashion. Ask just about any GLBT person and nearly everyone will tell you it's a civil issue, not a religious or spiritual one.

23. 07-24-2012 01:21 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Mostly true. However it is about marriage in a sense because marriage is a civil and legal package deal that easily grants all of those status and privs in one fell swoop.

07-24-2012 01:22 PM #60
      All I want is some damn swastika fries !!

Vehicles
      2013 GTI/S60R/E30 M3 (imported from Nigeria)
      07-24-2012 01:25 PM #61
      Marriage is not a basic right guaranteed to all living breathing human beings. It's a ceremony and title made up by a religion. It's that simple.

Hi. You're wrong.

1. Marriage has been co-opted by, but used to be separate from (and in many places still is), religion. If it's a religious ceremony, why do you need a government license? Why can it be performed by a judge or justice of the peace?
      2. Please see below:

Fundamental rights are a generally regarded set of entitlements in the context of a legal system, wherein such system is itself said to be based upon this same set of basic, fundamental, or inalienable entitlements or "rights." Such rights thus belong without presumption or cost of privilege to all human beings under such jurisdiction. The concept of human rights has been promoted as a legal concept in large part owing to the idea that human beings have such "fundamental" rights, such that transcend all jurisdiction, but are typically reinforced in different ways and with different emphasis within different legal systems.

Some universally recognized rights as fundamental, i.e., contained in the U.N. International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights or the U.N. Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, are as follows:
      Right to self-determination[1]
      Right to liberty[2]
      Right to due process of law[3]
      Right to freedom of movement[4]
      Right to freedom of thought[5]
      Right to freedom of religion[6]
      Right to freedom of expression[7]
      Right to peaceably assemble[8]
      Right to freedom of association[9]
      Right to marry[10]

In American Constitutional Law, fundamental rights have special significance under the 14th Amendment to the Constitution. In the language of the U.S. Declaration of Independence all [human beings] are "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, among these [being]:"
      Life - (cf. right to life)
      Liberty (cf. freedom, free will, personal liberty)
      the pursuit of Happiness (cf. personal fulfillment, professional accomplishment, basic comforts, human pleasures, luxuries, vices)

While having power to neither grant nor remove an individual right, the Supreme Court has legally recognized several fundamental rights not specifically enumerated in the Constitution, including but not limited to:
      The right to interstate travel
      The right to intrastate travel
      The right to vote
      The right to privacy (which includes within it a set of rights) including:
      a. The right to marriage [12]
      b. The right to procreation
      c. The right to an abortion during the first trimester
      d. The right to private education (homeschooling one's children)
      e. The right to contraception (the right to use contraceptive devices)
      f. The right of family relations (the right of related persons to live together)
      The Right of individual citizens to keep and bear certain arms for protection (Heller vs DC see also: McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025)
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamental_rights
      Leonardo - Team Post-Killing Ninja
      Fizzy - Team My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod511 View Post
      If I could do one thing with a DeLorean it would be to give Vad's parents a condom.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
      Do you want to be known as the guy who makes worse automotive decisions than VadGTI?

Vehicles
      2013 Touareg
      07-24-2012 01:33 PM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by Chilledman View Post
      All I want is some damn swastika fries !!
      I sense a business opportunity here. What if OT pooled together money to start a chicken sandwich franchise that served swastika-shaped waffle fries? Our brand could be Troll Face.
      Go Gators!

Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      07-24-2012 01:34 PM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by gti_matt View Post
      Mostly true. However it is about marriage in a sense because marriage is a civil and legal package deal that easily grants all of those status and privs in one fell swoop.
      It is, and the issue is that some civil partnerships are allowed access to that package and others aren't, for very arbitrary and subjective reasons.
      IPRO Meat-Director and High Minister of Terror-Grilling

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Man View Post
      The Terror Grill: Part restaurant, part amusement attraction, part gladiator arena, all profit.
      ARE YOU NOT SATIATED?!?!?!

Vehicles
      '07 Jetta 2.0t
      07-24-2012 02:44 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by VadGTI View Post
      If it's a religious ceremony, why do you need a government license? Why can it be performed by a judge or justice of the peace?
      if it's NOT, the why all the fuss?

Vehicles
      2013 GTI/S60R/E30 M3 (imported from Nigeria)
      07-24-2012 02:59 PM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by sirswank View Post
      if it's NOT, the why all the fuss?
      Religion?

Whoa... Too circular, feeling lightheaded, must lie down...

Leonardo - Team Post-Killing Ninja
      Fizzy - Team My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod511 View Post
      If I could do one thing with a DeLorean it would be to give Vad's parents a condom.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
      Do you want to be known as the guy who makes worse automotive decisions than VadGTI?

Vehicles
      2016 GooseBee Delux, 2012 MINI Cooper S, 1896 Miatadon BananaShade DeVille
      07-24-2012 03:12 PM #66
      Quote Originally Posted by VadGTI View Post
      Religion?

Whoa... Too circular, feeling lightheaded, must lie down...

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Monkeys View Post
      If someone at GM is reading this, if you give me a Corvette and $28.5m, I'll hand-paint the body of it, I'll breed it with an AIBO, I'll convert it to a boat and drive across SF Bay, I'll drive it through the lobby of Mazda HQ in LA, I'll ship it to China and invade the Forbidden City in it, then I'll drive up to Baikonur in Kazakhstan and have it fired to geosynchronous orbit on a Zenit-3SL rocket.

31. Member
      Vehicles
      '12 JKU / '06 FXSTDI
      07-24-2012 05:26 PM #67
      Anyone ever read The Forever War? One day it'll be normal to be gay and us straight people will be the outcasts...that's before the clones though...and the clones end up de-gayifying people.

Vehicles
      81 vw caddy, 02 gmc sonoma crewcab
      07-24-2012 06:00 PM #68
      Marriage is a religious institution.
      Marriage is hell.
      married people are not happy.
      Gay means happy.
      if gays married then they wouldn't be happy anymore.
      Gays don't realize how good they have it.
      I'm married. My life sucks.
      My wife can legally take half my stuff.
      I wish straight people couldn't marry.
      Last edited by caddy 2 dope; 07-24-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Vehicles
      2013 Focus - turbo edition
      07-24-2012 06:41 PM #69
      I think instead of giving benefits to gay people who marry, they should take them away from straight people who marry. Why should married people get tax breaks and other benefits over single people?
      Quote Originally Posted by feliks View Post
      I do not want to think what would have happened, if as a result of the vibrations, the resulting leaks in the fuel pool and the water came out of it ... Almost as a result of radiation inside the building and its three filling remains, you can not to re-seal it. ..

Therefore, even mild disturbances such methods may be used: diamond cut rope ..

Vehicles
      2002 Golf Wagon TDI. 1996 Surf Green GTI VR6. 2015 Forester (Wife)
      07-24-2012 06:45 PM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by sjt1985 View Post
      Why should married people get tax breaks and other benefits over single people?
      Because married people generate economic activity that is exponentially larger than the mere pittance we get in tax breaks.

That includes gay couples (especially ones that adopt)
      Bro, do you even lift? When you only have 90 horsepower, you don't ever lift.
      2002 Golf Wagon TDI - 1996 GTI VR6 - YouTube Track Videos - flickr

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast