Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I love you HTC

Vehicles
      List your car(s) owned here
      07-25-2012 03:46 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
      jnm2.0t, have you tried performing a factory reset?
      About 3/4 of a day in and so far zero reboots. *Seems* to have fixed it, hope it continues.
      They're steppin' on my rhythm and they're stealin' all my lines

Every day on the bike is a day not in the Fusion.

2. 07-25-2012 03:48 PM #37
      I suspect the issue was either a nasty bug that worked it's way to the surface of the oem android build (which means it may return over time), or one app you were running was causing problems. What you posted before about slowly bringing apps back on to the phone is probably a good idea as one may not be playing nice.

3. 07-25-2012 04:15 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by zhenya00 View Post
      You'd be wrong. Verizon willingly sold Windows phones for years that crashed multiple times per day to the point that battery removal was the only solution. Android is certainly an enormous leap from that time, but iPhones are still exponentially easier to use.
      Please.......
      You're telling me no non-iPhones work out of the box based on your one example with one carrier? I am very familiar with iOS and three different versions of Android. Out of the box and non-rooted, the only thing that I miss on Android is a decent CNBC app. While my 2.2 and 2.3 Androids had more reboots, my iOS has more app crashes and sometimes inexplicably freeze while updating. And multitasking, tethering, and using Google Voice is infinitely easier on Android. The whole iOS is way easier to use is a carryover myth from earlier Androids. My six year daughter cruises around my new Android with virtually no instruction. And my friends who are scared of Androids are barely using their iPhones beyond the capabilities of a feature phone. I regularly have to teach them simple things they can do with their iPhones so apparently iPhones are not completely idiot proof.

Vehicles
      i've a horse outside.
      07-25-2012 04:43 PM #39
      You'd be wrong. Verizon willingly sold Windows phones for years that crashed multiple times per day to the point that battery removal was the only solution. Android is certainly an enormous leap from that time, but iPhones are still exponentially easier to use.
      seriously?

you're comparing software and devices from a time when mobile platforms weren't seriously embraced.

the time you're talking about, PALM was the leader in mobile tech, and blackberry was just coming up as mobile email king.

welcome to 2012.

let's try and keep the comparisons relevant, mmkay?
      shut your mouth. sh sh shut your mouth.

07-25-2012 08:21 PM #40
      Reading comprehension folks, try it.

The point was that he was implicitly trusting that the carriers would only release quality products as if they have nothing but his best interests at heart. The modern comparison was in terms of ease of use. iOS still has that in spades for the average user.

Try not to get your panties bunched too tight girls, it's only an operating system.
      1987 Mercedes 190E 16v Cosworth
      1997 Volvo 855 T5
      2010 Volvo XC90
      2013 Prius Plug-In

6. 07-25-2012 09:08 PM #41
      The only person with a reading comprehension problem here is you and now you are backpedalin. And what you attribute to him makes him sound like an idiot and I assure you jnm2.0t is no idiot.

7. Member
      07-25-2012 09:20 PM #42

As a previous owner of a Windows Mobile phone who was 'rooting' before it was the most awesomeness thing ever Windows Mobile issues are greatly exaggerated. Both myself and my dad owned one (my dad was the one that convinced me to get one) for many years with nary a problem. He's now an Android owner and I moved on to Windows Phone. Every OS including BB, WebOS, WP7, Android, and iOS have issues and many of them will crash multiple times a day if you get a bad one.

As long as you're not going beyond the basics of making phone calls, texting, and surfing the web no phone OS is all that much easier than any other. You might be used to the iOS way of doing things making you think that it's intuitive, but in truth it's all learned gestures.

Vehicles
      List your car(s) owned here
      07-25-2012 11:35 PM #43
      Anyhow ladies, you can bicker elsewhere.

Seems I have a hardware issue to as it turns out. I did put it down once and it shut off right in front of me, was doing that before. Then I went on a bike ride with it and it shutoff mid ride twice. Both times it had to hard boot back up so the battery went from over half to power save.

So ya **** you HTC.
      They're steppin' on my rhythm and they're stealin' all my lines

Every day on the bike is a day not in the Fusion.

Vehicles
      2011 Jetta 4DR TDI - 6MT
      07-26-2012 12:54 AM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by jnm2.0t View Post
      Anyhow ladies, you can bicker elsewhere.

Seems I have a hardware issue to as it turns out. I did put it down once and it shut off right in front of me, was doing that before. Then I went on a bike ride with it and it shutoff mid ride twice. Both times it had to hard boot back up so the battery went from over half to power save.

So ya **** you HTC.
      Still worth trying a custom ROM before making the switch, but I'm sticking to my recommendation for the Galaxy Nexus for the new phone.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2.
      |Retrofit TSX HIDs||Malone 1.5 CR Tune||DG Sigma 6 SSK||Frost Heater||Alpine SPR-60C Front & Rear||Kenwood KAC-8045||ESC Off Button & Coding|

10. 07-26-2012 10:52 AM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by JaredC01 View Post
      Still worth trying a custom ROM before making the switch
      Agreed. I forgot to post some links for you the other night and I probably won't be able to tonight either since I won't be home

Vehicles
      2011 Jetta 4DR TDI - 6MT
      07-26-2012 12:06 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
      Agreed. I forgot to post some links for you the other night and I probably won't be able to tonight either since I won't be home
      I'll PM him some XDA links after work if you can't manage.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2.
      |Retrofit TSX HIDs||Malone 1.5 CR Tune||DG Sigma 6 SSK||Frost Heater||Alpine SPR-60C Front & Rear||Kenwood KAC-8045||ESC Off Button & Coding|

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12