Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 02 glx wagon auto 4mo Minnesota $6000 firm

Vehicles
      02 GTI 1.8t
      07-24-2012 10:40 PM #1
      After 4 years its time to sell old Schweinsteiger. Wife is getting a new 12' Golf tdi for commuting to Mayo every day. I don't want to sell it but I only have a 2 car garage. This has been the best car I have ever owned. The 4wd is unstoppable in the winter. I have a 3' stack of paperwork and receipts from when I bought it in 2008. 2 owners, clean carfax, bought new at westside vw in 02!
      Currently 153k and counting. Just went to chicago and back on the 4th of july week and not a single issue even in 114deg temps! AC is ICE COLD, heat is EXTRA HOT!

The good (or replaced parts):
      Cam seals/tensioners, valve covers
      PCV valve ($110 yup!)
      Fuel pressure regulator (125k miles)
      Full timing belt job with water pump and everything with serp belt (done at 92k miles)
      Thermostat and new flange (92k miles)
      Replaced both front 02 sensors at 120k miles
      All 8 control arms have been replaced in 2009
      Lowered on Koni yellow and ABT springs with control arm install
      Inner and Outer Tie rods replaced with audi s6 solid style 145k miles
      OEM VW front pads and rotors and overhauled calipers (153k)
      New front brake hoses (130k)
      New pads/rotors rear (150k miles)
      Front engine mounts both sides (92k miles)
      New transmission mounts both sides (153k)
      Rear axle seals replaced (120k)
      Transmission fluid and filter serviced at 92k miles, 135k miles, and another full service kit ready.
      PS fluid flushed in 2008 and 2011
      Brake fluid flushed in 2008 and also at 130k when I replaced the hoses.
      Sparkplugs and wires at 92k and also new plugs at 140k miles
      Fuel filter replaced at 92k
      Windshield replaced in 2010
      NEW headlamps and clearshield installed in 2009
      Aftermarket HID 6000k headlamps
      All electronics work, even homelink in visor.
      Tires replaced in 2010 (205/55/16) currently 5-6/32 or about 40-50% remain
      Have an extra spare front lower front control arm that is new
      K&N air filter (just serviced)
      NO FLUID LEAKS ANYWHERE!
      Has the owners manual still!
      Windows tinted 35%

The bad (or not really)
      Check eng light on. Needs a driver side cat. Light has been on for 3 years, no performance issues. Its a v6, they all need a cat. $380 for the pipe and gasket and clamp per side.

Passenger downpipe flexjoint showing signs of wear, not cracked yet, but it will, probably this winter

Radio LCD missing a line, works just fine

Need to adjust passenger front door handle pull. You just have to pull it out further to open. Im anal, just never got around to adjusting it. Takes about 10min. I usually drive when with my wife, so I always forget about it.

Front sway bar bushings squeak when backing out of driveways or speedbumps. I lubed them, and now they make more noise. Bushings are $20 for the set.

LR wheel is bent on the inner barrel. I just left it on the rear. Can be fixed. minor bend. I was going to try and fix it but no time.

Wheels are in meehh condition. They were repainted by luther prior to my purchase in 2008. Clearcoat peeling from MN winters. Perfect for a winter set.

Overall I don't hide stuff. Really there isn't anything wrong with the car and I don't want to sell it. If it doesn't sell for my asking price, i'll just keep it and drive it myself this winter and store my GTI. Bluebook is $5750. Since I have over $6000 in repairs done, it justifies my asking price.

the car is on an inclined driveway and up on jack stands in the front only
      02 GTI 1.8t:> 42DD 3" turboback, BFI full stg1 mount kit, Evoms CAI, Forge boost hoses, Tacotaco sidemount, Ebay TIP, IE 2.0 coil conversion, IE manual tensioner, 20th front brake conversion, IE emissions delete, 42dd catch can, Koni STR.t & WRD sport springs, Samco Coolant hoses, SMF vr6 clutch kit.

Vehicles
      02 GTI 1.8t
      07-28-2012 04:50 PM #2
      bumpage.
      $6000 obo
      02 GTI 1.8t:> 42DD 3" turboback, BFI full stg1 mount kit, Evoms CAI, Forge boost hoses, Tacotaco sidemount, Ebay TIP, IE 2.0 coil conversion, IE manual tensioner, 20th front brake conversion, IE emissions delete, 42dd catch can, Koni STR.t & WRD sport springs, Samco Coolant hoses, SMF vr6 clutch kit.

Vehicles
      02 GTI 1.8t
      07-31-2012 11:48 PM #3
      pending sale

Vehicles
      02 GTI 1.8t
      08-18-2012 09:36 PM #4
      SOLD