Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Found this little guy yesterday...

1. 07-25-2012 12:36 PM #1

Was on my way back to the office yesterday morning when this guy darted out in front of me in an industrial area right by my work. After a minute or two of trying to lure him to me, he finally came to me and I took him back to the office. He spent an hour or so with me at the office, gave him an apple and some water, then I took him home. I've already got two dogs and they took to him okay. The girl is very nervous around him though. Anyways, after giving him a bath (he stunk bad), and clipping his nails, I took him to my vet to get him checked out and to see if he was chipped, he wasn't . He's 3-4 months old, he got checked for parvo, worms, and something else, all came back negative, and I went ahead and got him his first round of puppy shots done. I'm trying to find a great home for him, but if I can't I'll end up keeping him. I'm just not sure I want to commit to another dog for the next 10-15 years. Mine right now are are 8 years old. Oh and this is not a "find a home for this guy" thread. Just thought I'd share this little guys adventure. He's underweight, only weighs 14 lbs and you can see his hip bones and ribs, but a week or two at my house he'll fatten right up I can only imagine what he's thinking today. Going from living on the street the past few days/weeks to sleeping in the bed with me and the other two dogs in a big cozy bed last night. You can tell he is grateful, he just gives those looks like "thank you!".

Vehicles
      2013 Mercedes ML350 Bluetec
      07-26-2012 01:28 AM #2
      Good man.

3. Junior Member trainyourhuman's Avatar
      Vehicles
      1991 S-10, 2004 Mazda6 Sportwagon, 2012 GTI
      07-26-2012 08:40 AM #3
      Thank you for doing something that so many of us would not. Where are you located?

4. 07-26-2012 11:20 AM #4
      I'm in Tucson, Arizona. I had a daughter of a lady in my office come in and want to take him on the spot yesterday when i brought him into work. She just turned 21 and her mom (the lady I work with) has told me stores about her irresponsibility and immaturity before when she's been complaining about her. I told her I already had someone possibly lined up. I want this guy to go a great home. Not be some party girl's thing of the day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

5. 07-26-2012 02:06 PM #5
      You are a good man!!! He is a very lucky little guy to have found you. He looks so cute, and that look is adorable. Thank you for rescuing him and giving him a loving home.

Vehicles
      SLUG
      07-26-2012 05:38 PM #6
      all around.

Vehicles
      The Standard of the World | Das Auto | Feed Your Restless
      07-27-2012 09:03 AM #7
      Semper Fi | USMC '06-'14 | 0311 | 0331| 0933
      Aonarch's Blog!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
      Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Vehicles
      mk6 Jetta TDI (Current)
      07-27-2012 11:34 AM #8
      super cute how could u say no
      Mk6 Jetta TDi DSG /istagram@D_and_6

9. 07-27-2012 01:04 PM #9
      Thanks everyone!

Not much of an update on him so far. I put out some emails to friends and relatives trying to find him a home, but nothing yet so far. My sister has some interest but doesn't know yet. So for now he's staying with me and he's learning from my other 2 dogs as well as me starting to teach him manners and commands. It's been fun and exciting to see the transformation over the past few days with him. He is becoming so much more sure of himself, you can see the confidence, and he is soooo happy. He's learned the doggy door already (which is kind of tough b/c they need to go through 2 doors to get outside rather than just 1), he's almost got "sit" down, and he has also learned that he must wait for permission to eat like the other two. He seems pretty smart and very eager to please. He's been a lot of fun so far.

10. Senior Member
      07-27-2012 04:33 PM #10

11. 08-13-2012 01:42 PM #11
      Well, it looks like this little guy is staying with me. There was a few potential homes, but in the end they all fell through. I named him Rex, he's learning the ways of the house pretty well. He still have a few accidents here and there, but he's getting better. He has his second set of puppy shots tomorrow then here in the next couple of weeks I'll be getting him fixed. Here's a most recent pic with my Boxer/Heeler mix Bailey. She's not too pleased

Last edited by b2m_vw; 08-13-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Vehicles
      SLUG
      08-13-2012 02:42 PM #12

Awesome.

13. Junior Member trainyourhuman's Avatar
      Vehicles
      1991 S-10, 2004 Mazda6 Sportwagon, 2012 GTI
      08-14-2012 08:50 AM #13
      +1000

14. 09-18-2012 11:32 PM #14
      Another update on Rex. I'm now glad I kept this little guy. He's been an awesome addition to the house. This one is being crate trained (other two never have and still aren't) and it's going really well. All his shots are done, and next up is getting him neutered and probably a tooth removed. His puppy canine didn't fall out and is wedged in by his adult canine. That will be done when he's getting fixed. Also he's gained about 15 lbs since I got him. Anyway, here's a recent pic, enjoy!