Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Part number request thread for VW -- any guru's out there?

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Volkswagen Routan SEL Premium
      07-25-2012 04:52 PM #1
      I figure I start a thread for anyone looking for a part number.

At this time I need a part number for a 2011 VW Routan SEL Premium heated, self-dimming mirror, passenger side side mirror.

I only need the mirror with the mounting bracket attached to the mirror so I can easily snap it on.

Any help?
      2011 Calla Lily White Volkswagen Routan SEL Premium

2. Member
      Vehicles
      58 Ragtop Bug, 2005 Passat Wagon, 2010 Routan SEL
      07-25-2012 10:05 PM #2
      Did someone get too close to the garage door? Just kidding. This is one of the biggest thing that pisses me off about VW, all dealer sites will allow you to add the part to a cart but won't give you the part number, but yet if you know the part number you can manually enter it to your cart, WTF. Just like Seinfled--- They take your reservation but they don't hold your reservation, holding the reservation is the important part. You can get a hack copy of ETKA but I'm pretty sure that the Routan is not gonna be on that system. Call your dealer, then post up the part numbers and if your asking for the passenger side, you might as well get the number for the drivers side

Here is the Chryco part number for the passenger side(Right side): 05113260AA

There are a few on Ebay right now--right side ones.
      1958 VW Ragtop Bug
      2005 VW Passat Wagon
      2010 VW Routan SEL

Be sure to check out the Original Routan Dead Pedal Click Here

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Volkswagen Routan SEL Premium
      07-25-2012 10:38 PM #3
      Cool. That's the whole thing and looks exactly like mine. Price isn't bad. I only need the mirror but it appears the entire housing used is just a bit more than just the mirror itself. Wouldn't mind a spare LED signal since they break easily.

Btw - a parked car moved sideways, hit my mirror, then moved back sideways into the curb. Don't you hate it when unmanned parked cars move? . An unnamed family member caused the accident.

Funny thing, no damage to the chrome or mirror that was hit. The force went straight through to the mirror and the mirror completely shattered. It's almost like a sticker though.

Do you know if there is a chrysler part number for only the glass mirror with heating element?
      2011 Calla Lily White Volkswagen Routan SEL Premium

4. Member
      Vehicles
      58 Ragtop Bug, 2005 Passat Wagon, 2010 Routan SEL
      07-25-2012 11:18 PM #4
      Here's an aftermarket company http://burcoinc.com/products/online_catalog/

They have a few different ones for a Routan. Looks like you can get just the glass and the glass with the mount attached. I doubt the dealer sells just the glass, but stranger things have happened, like unattended vehicles moving sideways and deer that jump right at you while your driving
      1958 VW Ragtop Bug
      2005 VW Passat Wagon
      2010 VW Routan SEL

Be sure to check out the Original Routan Dead Pedal Click Here