Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL 2012-2013 San Fransisco 49ers Thread

Vehicles
      1984 gti 16v, 1985 golf, 1999 cabrio, 2002 a4 wagon
      10-07-2012 07:27 PM #106
      next week is ny giants. can they officially embarass all of new york???

Vehicles
      e46 Touring
      10-07-2012 10:42 PM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by SAPJetta View Post
      Well, it appears the Niners are serving notice to the rest of the NFL after that fluke against the Vikes.
      dont get too excited.. those jets you shut out were able to put up 48 on the bills...

3. 10-08-2012 08:06 AM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by _a2coupe2a_ View Post
      dont get too excited.. those jets you shut out were able to put up 48 on the bills...
      great teams are supposed to blow out the bad teams. The 49ers did this twice. Looks like Minnesota woke up a sleeping giant

Both Giants games last year were close with the teams splitting. The 49ers stole a WR and RB from them. Giants have put up a lot of points too against bad teams but they gave up a lot as well. They also have to travel across country

The Giants will be a tough team but I hope the 49ers have a big chip on their shoulder (as they should).

To note - yesterday was the first time an NFL team had 300 yards passing and 300 yards rushing in the same game. With all the offensive fire power the 49ers have had this has never happened before
      Boiler Up!

Make it three yards mother****er and we'll have an automobile race

Vehicles
      e46 Touring
      10-08-2012 08:26 AM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by Juiced6 View Post
      great teams are supposed to blow out the bad teams. The 49ers did this twice. Looks like Minnesota woke up a sleeping giant

Both Giants games last year were close with the teams splitting. The 49ers stole a WR and RB from them. Giants have put up a lot of points too against bad teams but they gave up a lot as well. They also have to travel across country

The Giants will be a tough team but I hope the 49ers have a big chip on their shoulder (as they should).

To note - yesterday was the first time an NFL team had 300 yards passing and 300 yards rushing in the same game. With all the offensive fire power the 49ers have had this has never happened before
      The bills layed down in the 3rd.. Look how many points that defense has given up this season. I dunno, i still think sanfran is the best of the nfc west but they still havent beat anyone that really impresses me.

I think that things are a little skewed due to the teams they have played. I though GB was a good W but they just lose to Indy yesterday so im not sure how i feel about them.

Vehicles
      2008 Rabbit S(low), 2012 Outback 2.5 Premium
      10-08-2012 10:16 AM #110
      Yes, the Jets and Bills suck, but 34-0 followed up by 45-3 ..... They are doing what they need to do now. They have so many weapons and are beginning to use them all finally. Both in the air and on the ground. Crabapple has looked fantastic this season.

Can't wait for this Giants game. I'm sure they'll be looking for some retribution. 8 straight home wins. Hopefully they can keep that going.
      Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

XBL - urparanoid

6. 10-08-2012 10:35 AM #111
      The bills layed down in the 3rd.. Look how many points that defense has given up this season. I dunno, i still think sanfran is the best of the nfc west but they still havent beat anyone that really impresses me.

I think that things are a little skewed due to the teams they have played. I though GB was a good W but they just lose to Indy yesterday so im not sure how i feel about them.
      same **** as last year

you play who is in front of you. The Bears are 4-1 and imo have not played anyone good either. Problem is that there are only 2-3 great teams 26-28 average teams and 2-3 bad teams every year.

If the 49ers are one of the greats then all of their games (minus New England at this point) are against average teams
      Boiler Up!

7. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      LG G2 / Notes 3 / Nexus 5
      10-08-2012 10:41 AM #112
      I don't know about stole, the Giants didn't need Jacobs, he's old and he's a liability last year. As for Manningham, he's not the best receiver on the Giants in the depth chart last year. He's the only guy Eli can throws to when the other 2 are covered.

The 49ers vs Giants game will be awfully close because both teams have changed up their offense and defense tactics a bit. The winning team will be the one that ran the ball better. Throwing wise, I take Eli over Alex Smith better 3rd down conversion and 4th quarter performance is where it counts the most.

I'm not saying who's gonna win, it's very hard to say. The results won't be big lopsided win for either team.

8. 10-08-2012 10:45 AM #113
      before Jacob's injury he was looking like a beast in short yardage situations he was a big plus in preseason. But the 49ers still have Gore and Dixon as well for that.

Manningham has been a huge asset. Not just as a WR but also as a RB

Harbaugh has a new offense weekly and it will be interesting to see how they plan to attack NY
      Boiler Up!

Vehicles
      10-08-2012 10:56 AM #114
      Run more of the WildKap

I think Kendall Hunter deserves more talk. That guy is an animal. Picked up long conversions twice while running through traffic and moving the pile. For a little guy, he packs a punch.

XBL - urparanoid

10. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      10-08-2012 11:15 AM #115
      I was Harbaugh I would mix it up more and Smith throw deep. It seems like every game the Giants give up a few big 30+ yr pass. Giants run defense is decent this year, but secondary is weak.

I am expecting the Giants to run more since they're stacked with RBs this year.

11. 10-08-2012 03:17 PM #116
      i still think they are pretty evenly matched teams

my only concern from a Giants perspective would be giving up so many points to teams like the Browns and Bucs
      Boiler Up!

Vehicles
      e46 Touring
      10-08-2012 08:41 PM #117
      same **** as last year

you play who is in front of you. The Bears are 4-1 and imo have not played anyone good either. Problem is that there are only 2-3 great teams 26-28 average teams and 2-3 bad teams every year.

If the 49ers are one of the greats then all of their games (minus New England at this point) are against average teams
      You lost to the only team you have played that has a winning record.. im just saying dont read too much into it.

13. 10-08-2012 11:02 PM #118
      You lost to the only team you have played that has a winning record.. im just saying dont read too much into it.
      that game was very correctable
      Boiler Up!

14. 10-14-2012 06:37 PM #119
      There is the real alex smith. Tempted to turn it off
      Boiler Up!

Vehicles
      10-14-2012 07:07 PM #120
      Picked a lousy week to turn back into an INT machine.

Where the eff did the running game go?

They just got punched right in the jaw this game.

XBL - urparanoid

16. Member
      Vehicles
      V70R, CRV, Aircooled Bug
      10-14-2012 07:16 PM #121
      They just quit in the 4th quarter. No rush defense, dumb penalties, it was a rough one today.

Vehicles
      10-14-2012 07:18 PM #122
      Yeah ... when Bradshaw started ripping off 10+ yard carries right up the middle, that's a bad sign.

I don't blame the defense for quitting when the offense didn't do jack.

XBL - urparanoid

Vehicles
      e46 Touring
      10-14-2012 07:36 PM #123
      Quoted for relevance lol

See you Thursday night!

19. Member
      Vehicles
      88 Golf VRT, 04 E500 Wagon, 04 E55
      10-14-2012 07:41 PM #124
      Alex Smith was looking real 2009 out there....at least the seahawks were the only team to win in the west.

20. 10-14-2012 07:46 PM #125
      Quoted for relevance lol

See you Thursday night!
      jets and bills are 3-3 now
      Boiler Up!

21. 10-14-2012 07:46 PM #126
      Da-vid Carr!
      Da-vid Carr!
      Boiler Up!

Vehicles
      10-14-2012 08:14 PM #127
      jets and bills are 3-3 now
      So are the Lions.

Really doesn't matter after the beating they took today.

I question some of the decisions early in the game like putting Kap in on 3rd down when Smith was still playing reasonably well.

XBL - urparanoid

23. 10-14-2012 08:52 PM #128
      that first quarter was nearly perfect. They need to start getting TDs. Same **** as last year only this year Akers sucks.

If they get 2 TDs and go up 14-0 the defense can pin its ears back and make life rough for Eli like they did the previous two games

The offense can get all tricky with the running game and hopefully it all works out to a nice win.

Instead they only get 3 points then throw a pick and the team starts to fold.

Alex is a good QB not elite. You can see Harbaugh really wants to do some stuff that you see BRees, Mannings, Brady, and Rogers do but its just not there. Kap goes in and chucks one deep the ball looks good. Smith does it and it hangs. It always hangs/floats/ducks whatever.

Giants just match up well

Right now the 49ers best spot is 4th in the playoffs. Im fine with that because I would like to see the 9ers take on Atlanta in round 2. Atlanta is a team I think they 9ers would slap around.

Bring on Seattle. HOpefully this game pisses them off enough to lay a beat down on the hawks
      Boiler Up!

24. Member
      Vehicles
      V70R, CRV, Aircooled Bug
      10-14-2012 09:31 PM #129

Bring on Seattle. HOpefully this game pisses them off enough to lay a beat down on the hawks
      That was the case with the Minnesota loss, hopefully that is true this week

Vehicles
      10-14-2012 10:29 PM #130
      I must say the couple lasers that Kap threw were pretty impressive. Smith will remain the starter as long as he continues to manage games and they are winning. Come next season, that QB spot could be getting interesting.

XBL - urparanoid

26. 10-14-2012 11:24 PM #131
      I must say the couple lasers that Kap threw were pretty impressive. Smith will remain the starter as long as he continues to manage games and they are winning. Come next season, that QB spot could be getting interesting.
      been thinking that

Kap can manage a game like Smith does but he is more athletic, bigger, and has a cannon for an arm

Although a bit overused today - i still like the dual QB setup - especially when they are both on the field

Wonder if Harbaugh's new baby kept him up all week
      Boiler Up!

Vehicles
      2013 Suzuka Gray S4
      10-15-2012 04:01 AM #132
      Seattle is ready for you.
      » - Patrol

28. 10-15-2012 10:37 AM #133
      they always are

Seattle has that "chip on their shoulder" attitude the 49ers seemed to have lost this year

should be a fun one.
      Boiler Up!

29. 10-15-2012 10:38 AM #134
      would also like to see Fangio bring the heat

have they even rushed more than 4 guys once this year?
      And people wonder where the pass rush went
      Boiler Up!

Vehicles
      10-15-2012 10:41 AM #135
      Only 8 carries for Gore. WTF.....

Ran the ball for over 300 yards the week before and then they decide that they don't want to run anymore.

XBL - urparanoid

31. 10-15-2012 03:46 PM #136
      Only 8 carries for Gore. WTF.....

Ran the ball for over 300 yards the week before and then they decide that they don't want to run anymore.
      i think the game plan was to pass and pass and pass until NYG adjusted. And could have been 14+ -0 then run the clock out

49ers were way out of their game plan
      Giants were more motivated (not sure about all the "they stole the Super Bowl crap but it worked")
      team looked just like when they played the Vikings - clueless, lost, going through the motions etc.

Giants played great but everyone seems to forget how badly the 49ers tore through that Giants defense in the 1st quarter

Hell even the bomb right at the end of half that ended up in a missed FG attempt

Special teams are not solid this year. This is a big red flag that needs to be addressed now
      Akers has missed 3 or 4 FGs now
      Big returns (although GBs was an uncalled penalty for a TD but Buffalo had a couple big returns last week too).
      No pass rush. Stat on ESPN about the NFCW and pass rushing - 49ers in the last 3 weeks sent no more than 4 rushers at any time. - That worked great against GB. Not so much against NYG.

That Giants front 4 is brutal. Need to find away to get 4 yards a pop against it and all will be fine against that team.

The big return and the two INTs in the second half did this team in. It could have been a 10-9 game had Akers hit those FGs. Kick the ball out of the endzone and Manning needs 80 yards not 40 yards for a TD

Ifs and buts I know - but this game like Minnesota is pretty correctable.

49ers play small ball when they are at their best. Harbaugh needs to stick with that
      Boiler Up!

Vehicles
      10-15-2012 04:05 PM #137
      The special teams are certainly an area of concern. Last season, they were one of the best. This season, they appear to be a liability.

XBL - urparanoid

33. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      10-15-2012 08:35 PM #138
      The Giants again picked out targets on the 49ers to exploit and capitalized. Your biggest weakest is the QB position. All 49ers did this year was pound the crap out of teams that already waved the white flag.

Alex Smith can only perform with a lead and when he's behind and rushed he makes poor decisions or takes forever to read a defense.

Take a look at the sacks, he didn't even make a move or throw the ball away to avoid losing yardage. Obviously he was still trying to figure out how to read the defense while Manningham was wide open in several chances and he threw directly into the hands of Antrelle Rolle that got the perfect read on him twice.

I'm sure Harbaugh knows Alex's weakness or else why would they go after Peyton.

If the 49ers keep playing like this, there's a few upcoming teams that can also contain Frank Gore and keep Alex honest.

34. 10-15-2012 09:46 PM #139
      Quote Originally Posted by Vision33r View Post
      The Giants again picked out targets on the 49ers to exploit and capitalized. Your biggest weakest is the QB position. All 49ers did this year was pound the crap out of teams that already waved the white flag.

Alex Smith can only perform with a lead and when he's behind and rushed he makes poor decisions or takes forever to read a defense.

Take a look at the sacks, he didn't even make a move or throw the ball away to avoid losing yardage. Obviously he was still trying to figure out how to read the defense while Manningham was wide open in several chances and he threw directly into the hands of Antrelle Rolle that got the perfect read on him twice.

I'm sure Harbaugh knows Alex's weakness or else why would they go after Peyton.

If the 49ers keep playing like this, there's a few upcoming teams that can also contain Frank Gore and keep Alex honest.
      well yeah. Harbaugh has done a wonderful job masking the problem

Then again he tried to get cute and wanted to pass all over this team. It worked for a quarter then the team just collapsed.

I mean even if they make the FGs it is 10-9 at half

Special teams gave Eli a short field (this is what kills the 9ers - short fields). Now its 17-3 and the panic button has been pushed

Team folded shortly after.
      Boiler Up!

35. 10-15-2012 09:48 PM #140
      he also knows alex's weakness because of how they use Kaep

long bombs - Kaep's throwing them. 60 yards on a wire like Brett Favre and John Elway when he throws them. Alex Smith doesn't have the arm strength to do that

But you have to mask that somehow - enter the WildKap offense
      Boiler Up!

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast