Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Waterfest AutoX and AutoX School

Vehicles
      Bagged MK6 GLI, Ex-BT B5A4 Owner
      07-26-2012 10:48 AM #1
      Anyone else participate?

I decided to try the school on Saturday (PM session). This was my first autocross event, and I managed to learn a few things from my instructor that helped me to shave quite a bit of time off each run. Started off at about 41, ended with a best time of 37.9. It's amazing how much more you learn about your car's handling and performance after a few times around. Can't wait to go again! I found a local organization that does monthly events so I'll have to give that a try.

If anyone else participated please share your pics and videos. I'll have mine up soon.
      Follow me on Instagram: @coreyfonseca
      I offer automotive detailing services in RI. PM me for details.

Vehicles
      Bagged MK6 GLI, Ex-BT B5A4 Owner
      07-29-2012 10:55 AM #2
      Here's my video. I guess nobody else attended?

http://youtu.be/cHIzKvNrIfk

Follow me on Instagram: @coreyfonseca
      I offer automotive detailing services in RI. PM me for details.

Vehicles
      '93 Cabriolet, black '01 TT 225Q autoX machine v2, '11 TDI coupe unicorn, '92 mariner blue meowta
      08-03-2012 09:53 PM #3
      No pics but . I went to MSNE's autocross school at MetLife stadium today (my second autoX event ever) and was VERY impressed with the knowledge and helpfulness of the instructors. I'll definitely be making it to more events.

My dad is involved with the pca (Porsche) and BMW clubs that have regular autocross events (non-school, although they also do driver clinics) and he said instructors are always on hand if you want someone to ride along. There's one on August 12th, I forget where but it's prob on autox4u.com
      .: COOLWATER : Motorsport Chapter // I'm a loner, Dottie.. a rebel.
      Quote Originally Posted by RafCarre12 View Post
      [maya]womp womp... (where did that piece of celery go?) kittah![/maya]

Vehicles
      01,VW,GTI GLX
      10-02-2012 02:44 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by eudorrra View Post
      No pics but . I went to MSNE's autocross school at MetLife stadium today (my second autoX event ever) and was VERY impressed with the knowledge and helpfulness of the instructors. I'll definitely be making it to more events.

My dad is involved with the pca (Porsche) and BMW clubs that have regular autocross events (non-school, although they also do driver clinics) and he said instructors are always on hand if you want someone to ride along. There's one on August 12th, I forget where but it's prob on autox4u.com
      Glad to hear that you had a good time. I go to many of the events at The Meadowlands (PCA, MSNE's, SCCA). Come over and say hi next time you go. My number's 393 (or 39) and I drive a Mohave Biege GTI. I'm registered for the Nov. 18th event.

Vehicles
      '93 Cabriolet, black '01 TT 225Q autoX machine v2, '11 TDI coupe unicorn, '92 mariner blue meowta
      10-02-2012 03:01 PM #5
      Manny?? my bf and I met you! lol I'm one of the few ladies that show up to all of those (silver audi TT). Are you going to the SCCA event this coming Saturday? I went this past weekend and the course was great (Perry did it); was very similar to a PCA course we had a month or so prior but more slaloms, which I like

Vehicles
      01,VW,GTI GLX
      10-02-2012 03:09 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by eudorrra View Post
      Manny?? my bf and I met you! lol I'm one of the few ladies that show up to all of those (silver audi TT). Are you going to the SCCA event this coming Saturday? I went this past weekend and the course was great (Perry did it); was very similar to a PCA course we had a month or so prior but more slaloms, which I like
      Hey Maya! I thought it may have been you (the comment about your dad [He sounds awesome, BTW]). I can't go this weekend. As you may recall, I needed to get an alignment but haven't had the opportunity to do so (my weekends have been crazy these days). But I am going to try and hit up all the following events before the season closes out. Hit me up next time you go. Give Nuno (sp?) my best.

Vehicles
      10-02-2012 03:35 PM #7
      will do! I hear ya, I don't know when the TT had an oil change last (... previous owner, and I've had the car for at least 8 months now. whoops!). trying to get to that this week! see you soon hopefully!