Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Ignition key issue, 20K miles on the car

Vehicles
      Current: '86 QSW, '87 GTi VR6, '09 Routan, '14 Passat TSi
      07-26-2012 03:07 PM #1
      I've got to say, the Routan has been great besides needing to do the breaks a couple times.

Last night, got home after taking it in for a tire rotation and oil change, turned the car off and the key wouldn't go out of the "ON" position so I could get the key out. Played with it a little, started the car, put it in gear, back into Park, turned it off and the key still wouldn't come out. Played some more and it came out. Anyone experiencing similar issues?

My biggest mistake was forgetting to tell the wife, she calls frantically from the zoo parking lot a few minutes ago saying my daughters friends are waiting for her and she can't leave the car. Bummer!
      Anyway, she fiddled with it while I was on the phone with her and she got it out thankfully.

2. 09-06-2012 02:04 PM #2
      My 2009 did that at 10k and the dealer replaced the ignition switch and gave me two new fobs for free when I went in for the scheduled oil change. You might ask.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      58 Ragtop Bug, 2005 Passat Wagon, 2010 Routan SEL
      09-06-2012 11:26 PM #3
      There was a recall for the WIN module. Check with your dealer, it should be free.
      1958 VW Ragtop Bug
      2005 VW Passat Wagon
      2010 VW Routan SEL

Be sure to check out the Original Routan Dead Pedal Click Here