Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: For Sale: 1990 VW Jetta MKII, 285K Miles, Myrtle Beach SC $2000

1. 07-26-2012 04:54 PM #1
      For Sale: $2000
      1990 Volkswagen Jetta
      285,000 miles. I had the current engine rebuilt and I personally installed it myself at 226,000. I drove to Boston Engine and had the owner build this engine for me.
      The engine is in great shape; no oil consumption; no oil burning etc. The engine has plenty of life left in it.
      The body is in good condition. There are no rusting panels. There are some small nicks in the paint that are producing small rust spots but nothing that is serious.
      The A/C is working. I replaced both the heater core and evaporator core along with the air-dryer.
      The rain channels were replaced. This was a big dollar part. The headlamp assemblies were also replaced with Genuine Hella light assemblies which was also a high dollar item.
      Lets face it folks this car is 22 years old, it is not in perfect shape BUT for someone looking to do a classic restore this is your best bet.
      The interior is worn as it should be. The dash board has a crack in the vinyl.
      My daughter drives this car back and forth to school and work everyday. It is, to this day, one of the most reliable vehicles VW has ever made.
      Mechanically and electronically it is simple to work on and that is why I love this car.
      If I had space in my driveway I would keep it but my daughter has a new Jetta now and it is time for me to find a new home for a reliable friend.

Last edited by genlabs; 07-26-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Vehicles
      ginster gti vr6
      08-15-2012 11:20 PM #2
      Is it a 8v?

Vehicles
      ginster gti vr6
      08-18-2012 08:50 AM #3
      Is the car still aval?? Im interested if it is..