Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ECS Tuning doesn't deserve your business!

1. 07-27-2012 12:56 PM #1
      I had a awful experience with them I'd like to share. I will never buy another thing from ECS.

It took them over 24 hrs just to ship a part they listed as IN STOCK. Not to mention I requested NEXT DAY AIR at a cost of $30.

When I explained how I expected the part to be delivered the next day, they asked if I knew what the definition of delivery was.

Basically, a lot of attitude and no customer service. Unbelievable considering their business is shipping parts!

Look somewhere else when you order parts online.

Vehicles
      2009 GTI DSG
      07-27-2012 01:16 PM #2
      I've gotten nothing but great service from them
      No more Volkswagen
      S4 RX7

Vehicles
      '03 BMP 20th GTI, '84 TD Jetta
      07-27-2012 03:28 PM #3
      Next Day Air would be next day from the time they actually ship it. There have been discussions about this before on here and TCL. It may be in stock but they have to still get to it and get it out. They are a big operation but there are only so many people. 24 hours isn't a horrible turn around time.

I've had good experience with them. Their shipping rates are a bit high, but they have good parts and a good selection. Sorry you had a what you consider a bad experience, but I don't think its all that terrible. You got your part and after it was actually shipped it was send next day was it not?
      Quote Originally Posted by TM87 View Post
      VW-making mechanics out of owners since 1957.
      The project - '84 Jetta 1.6TD, 190k, fully rebuilt, Giles IP and injectors, 2.5" custom exhaust, 51mpg
      Hers - '03 BMP 20thAE GTI, 138k, 3" 42DD turbo back, Unitronic Stage 2
      His - '01 Jetta TDI, 159k. Now has 3 pedals, as it should!

4. 07-27-2012 04:29 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by 18tea View Post
      "they asked if I knew what the definition of delivery was"
      It doesn't seem that you do. One day shipping means you will get it one day after they ship it. It took them a day to ship it, so it only took two days.

5. Banner Advertiser ECS Tuning's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Modified Ones
      07-27-2012 04:53 PM #5
      PM sent.

http://www.ecstuning.com
      :: Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Hours: Mon. - Fri. 8:00AM - 11:00PM EST Saturday 10:00AM - 7:00PM EST :: Email: sales@ecstuning.com & customerservice@ecstuning.com :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Live Chat :: Instagram

Vehicles
      '14 Cruze, 1.4t 6spd, '99.5 Jetta 2.0 5spd
      07-27-2012 05:03 PM #6
      Also funny is their "ships in 1-3 days" yet it took them 7 BUSINESS days and still got overcharged for shipping. Rude and passive aggressive customer service, done dealing with them.
      Crooked Euros - Home of the game "Who's in my mouth?"

7. 07-27-2012 10:18 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by . W e r d n a View Post
      Also funny is their "ships in 1-3 days" yet it took them 7 BUSINESS days and still got overcharged for shipping. Rude and passive aggressive customer service, done dealing with them.
      shipping and handling

the part isn't gonna pack itself

Vehicles
      07-27-2012 10:29 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by deagle View Post
      shipping and handling

the part isn't gonna pack itself
      Yeah, super hard to pack 3 small washers and bolts

Vehicles
      98 GLX VR6, 86 Mercedes 300D, 01 Jetta Wolfsburg
      07-28-2012 12:43 AM #9
      With the magnitude of orders that ECS ships a day. Getting an order out within 24 hours is completely legit. Do you think you are their ONLY customer? That when you submit an order. Everyone stops what they Are doing to ensure your massive order is the most important thing on the agenda?

Sad thing is. When you click on "in stock" it even says ,ships within 1 business day. Your ignorance is not a reason to bash a company that did nothing wrong

Maybe the real title of this post should be "I don't deserve to shop at ECS Tuning"

Vehicles
      2013 Passat TDI Highline, 1996 Audi UrS6, 1991 Mk2 Jetta (mint)
      07-28-2012 01:28 AM #10
      I ECS tuning

I do hate the shipping prices to Canada though.....I usually get my buddy to combine an order with me if I'm getting stuff......

Vehicles
      04 Jetta, 06 2.5L Jetta
      07-28-2012 02:55 AM #11
      had a few small problem with them in the past nothing major... life goes on
      instagram: Rgjeff

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2000 passat 1.8T atw
      07-28-2012 06:55 PM #12
      love ECS, never had a problem with them before. i remember i had a question about a part and instead of just saying yeah yeah it will work. they double checked and comfirmed it would work.

ive talked to a couple people that sent in an oder mid day and expected a package on their door step when they woke up the next day. i think it would be common sense that they wouldnt get your pakage shiped out untill the next day.

Vehicles
      2013 VW Tiguan
      07-28-2012 11:41 PM #13
      Ive had nothing but great service from them.

Vehicles
      01 S8 11 Golf TDI 77 rabbit in pieces behind garage.
      07-29-2012 12:38 AM #14
      Well let me guess just for s.a.g that the op called in the order 15minutes before closing and then gets butt hurt because it's not there the next day promptly when he awakes. So he get's on the forum and has a 2 year old hissy fit because of his unreasonable expectations.
      Whoo wee if that isn't some entitelment attitude going on there are you sure you don't live by me. You'd fit right in.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta VI "S"trippo
      07-29-2012 10:57 AM #15
      ECS Tuning has been fantastic and I recommend them highly. They have come through for me many, many times. I too, ECS Tuning...

16. 07-29-2012 05:51 PM #16
      first time ordering from ecs was right before waterfest. i called to make sure my spacers would come in on time. they put my order in over the phone to make sure it sent out that day(tuesday) and i had them 2 days later on thursday. theyre located in ohio and im in south jersey, took just two days. couldnt complain

Vehicles
      '90 Corrado 1.9 16V Lysholm, '06 Passat 2.0T, '07 Passat Variant 2.0T, and ghosts of misc '75s...
      07-29-2012 05:56 PM #17
      ECS Tuning rocks!

Love these guys; they always come through for me. Every order, fast and perfectly filled.

This thread sucks.
      "Sense is something you can't even make sense of until you've been to the future, and spent time there..."

Vehicles
      Mk4 GTI, C7 3.0T Quattro, 335i
      07-29-2012 05:57 PM #18
      Plenty of topics of how ****ty their service is. I too will never buy from them again.
      ECS

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
      2012 335i Alpine White Loaded (his) - JB4, BMS downpipe, Active Autowerke Exhaust, ER FMIC
      2013 A6 Glacier White Metallic 3.0T Quattro Prestige (her's)

MK4 GTI 1.8T with goodies (garage queen)

Vehicles
      2006 VW Passat
      07-29-2012 06:33 PM #19
      Yea, I've had a bad experience with ECS as well, horrible customer service.
      2006 VW Passat 2.0T FSI Instagram @davila9902_b6 Twitter @davila9902

20. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 Passat, 2.0T, 6-speed manual
      07-29-2012 08:56 PM #20
      I am not an apologist for ECS Tuning. But I hope that people would not write posts bashing them, without supporting data. Simply saying that their service is poor (in more graphic terms) does not help resolve customer issues.

At least the OP specified that he/she was unhappy because it took them 24 hours to ship an item. I think most people here consider that an acceptable turn-around time to ship a product.

Remember that ECS Tuning is a major sponsor here. Random bashing and "piling-on" can really hurt their business. I am not saying we should not air serious and valid complaints here, but please pause and do a reality check before making an angry post about them, or any other business.

Yes, I realize we an instant-gratification society.

OK, I am climbing off my soapbox now.

Alpinweiß
      2008 Passat, 2.0T, 6-speed manual, Euro lights

Vehicles
      TDi Cup Edition
      07-30-2012 02:30 AM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by sic_null View Post
      With the magnitude of orders that ECS ships a day. Getting an order out within 24 hours is completely legit. Do you think you are their ONLY customer? That when you submit an order. Everyone stops what they Are doing to ensure your massive order is the most important thing on the agenda?

Sad thing is. When you click on "in stock" it even says ,ships within 1 business day. Your ignorance is not a reason to bash a company that did nothing wrong

Maybe the real title of this post should be "I don't deserve to shop at ECS Tuning"
      It's like you read my mind. Seriously.

Yeah, super hard to pack 3 small washers and bolts
      Seriously, 3 F#ckin' bolts and washers?! If you're too damn lazy to drive to a local dealer and get these there, you deserve to wait for them in the mail.
      Quote Originally Posted by heimbachae
      we enthusiasts know what it is, but to the common peons it's just another golf.

Vehicles
      Touareg, V10 Excursion, bagged A4
      07-30-2012 11:18 AM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by tomshouse516 View Post
      I've gotten nothing but great service from them
      Quote Originally Posted by falconeight View Post
      Ive had nothing but great service from them.
      Quote Originally Posted by LT2BLT2A6 View Post
      ECS Tuning has been fantastic and I recommend them highly. They have come through for me many, many times. I too, ECS Tuning...
      Quote Originally Posted by clintg60-16v View Post
      ECS Tuning rocks!

Love these guys; they always come through for me. Every order, fast and perfectly filled.

This thread sucks.

23. Banner Advertiser ECS Tuning's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Modified Ones
      07-30-2012 11:43 AM #23
      Thanks for the comments and feedback everyone.

As we do see a high volume of orders each day, processing times will vary - Sometime within 24 hours to process, transit time from UPS is another process to be taken into consideration. "Ships 1-3 days" remember that is when we will receive that item(s) and will ship our accordingly.
      Distance/location and shipping options will also vary and will come into play with each order also.
      We strive to get each order big or small to the customer as quickly as possible!

We try to be competitive with our shipping rate - Most of our ECS brand product will have free shipping along with other parts/kits on the site. Weight has a good factor into shipping but also don't forget about the dimensions of the box that the part needs to be shipped in - bigger the box more space to take up in the USP truck, will result in more money to ship that part. Please add to the order what you will know you will need later on to save on shipping (Service kits, oil, ect) when ordering small items - Pricing on fuel is what is hurting everyone not just us, that is the best on shipping right now. We insure that the part will get you as dated supplied in our tracking that goes out with ever order!

If anyone is having any issues please PM me and I will see that it will get taken care of!

Thanks Andy

:: Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Hours: Mon. - Fri. 8:00AM - 11:00PM EST Saturday 10:00AM - 7:00PM EST :: Email: sales@ecstuning.com & customerservice@ecstuning.com :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Live Chat :: Instagram

24. 07-30-2012 05:11 PM #24
      Wow wasn't expecting much of a response from such a rant, just looking to vent my frustration.

I've ordered plenty of parts thru ECS without a problem. Basically I wasn't very satisfied with the way I was treated as a customer.

And thanks for the reply Andy but unfortunately I took my business elsewhere.

Vehicles
      07-30-2012 05:24 PM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by Kzoo View Post
      Seriously, 3 F#ckin' bolts and washers?! If you're too damn lazy to drive to a local dealer and get these there, you deserve to wait for them in the mail.
      Actually, I had thrown those in on my (in stock) order for a friend since going the dealer was actually inconvenient. Had my whole order held, asked to split up the shipping between the in stock items that were being held up.

Oh, and there are people who can't just drive up to the dealer after work or just jump in their car mid day. Not every one has a local dealer.

26. Member
      Vehicles
      Audi
      07-31-2012 10:09 AM #26
      Oh, and there are people who can't just drive up to the dealer after work or just jump in their car mid day. Not every one has a local dealer.
      ...and for those people...there's ECS Tuning.....

Vehicles
      01001011010011110 1010010
      07-31-2012 01:42 PM #27
      I ECS. Never had any issues.
      "The Vile Bunch" ll v2lab ll eemilitiatv ll Stay Orange.
      2008 Mkv-sold; 2003 yellow SRT-4-sold; 2009 G8 GT-sold; 1991 Talon TSI- fully built, HTA3582@30psi 600+awhp(900+awhp rebuild in progress)

Vehicles
      2012 GTI DSG / 2013 Honda CR-V(wife)
      08-01-2012 02:52 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by ECS Tuning View Post
      Thanks for the comments and feedback everyone.

As we do see a high volume of orders each day, processing times will vary - Sometime within 24 hours to process, transit time from UPS is another process to be taken into consideration. "Ships 1-3 days" remember that is when we will receive that item(s) and will ship our accordingly.
      Distance/location and shipping options will also vary and will come into play with each order also.
      We strive to get each order big or small to the customer as quickly as possible!

We try to be competitive with our shipping rate - Most of our ECS brand product will have free shipping along with other parts/kits on the site. Weight has a good factor into shipping but also don't forget about the dimensions of the box that the part needs to be shipped in - bigger the box more space to take up in the USP truck, will result in more money to ship that part. Please add to the order what you will know you will need later on to save on shipping (Service kits, oil, ect) when ordering small items - Pricing on fuel is what is hurting everyone not just us, that is the best on shipping right now. We insure that the part will get you as dated supplied in our tracking that goes out with ever order!

If anyone is having any issues please PM me and I will see that it will get taken care of!

Thanks Andy
      I have been a loyal ECS customer for years now, through three different cars, and I will continue to support them. Their shipping is always quick for me, arrives before I even expect it to, and always packed extremely well. Their prices have been very fair and I have consistently been treated extremely well by customer service.

I will however say that LATELY customer service has lacked a bit, and I have gotten one rude individual on the phone recently. (had a quick question about an install on their product and was told, in a very rude manner, to "look online") That was an isolated incident, and I hope ECS has ratified that situation. Either way, I will be purchasing more from ECS in the next few days and will continue to support, what I believe to be, the best Volkswagen aftermarket parts website currently on the market. Thank you, ECS.
      2012 GTI DSG
      - Needs Moar Low -

29. Banner Advertiser ECS Tuning's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Modified Ones
      08-01-2012 05:50 PM #29
      PM's replied!

30. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2000 Jetta VR6
      08-01-2012 09:24 PM #30
      I'm glad to see that a VW/Audi/Euro car parts dealer has loyal customers. A return customer is a return customer for a reason. I must say, however, I live within driving distance of their location. I have friends in Akron, and would LOVE to be able to stop by ECS and purchase parts direct. Its a shame that they are mail-order only. I find that I get most of my parts through my local import garage now(where I also happen to work). We have a daily delivery from Lake County Autoparts, and they are very reasonably priced. I was shocked when I heard that ECS gets some parts from Lake County as well(heard that from another individual, not the Lake County people).

I now find that I only order specialty parts from ECS, if I order anything at all. Its been some months since I have. It never hurts to shop around for parts. A little competition never hurt anybody. You just might have a import garage nearby that gets parts delivered two times a day!

And for the record, I've had orders messed up by BOTH of the two companies mentioned above. Large-volume businesses make mistakes too, just like us. A little forgiveness and understanding goes a LONG way.

31. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      03 passat 2.0T| 08 passat 2.0T| 12 GLI
      08-02-2012 03:41 AM #31
      Usually any online company takes 24-48 hours to process and ship a order. Read the web site next time before you buy something. Just because it's in stock doesn't mean when u click pay that a little elf gets your part puts it in a box and drops it at ups. Just saying...

All caps and word errors brought to you by iPhone4 using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      2004/VW/Jetta GLS 1.8T
      08-02-2012 01:23 PM #32
      I am dealing with an issue right now. I sent my ecu off for "three days to more power", well that didn't happen. I got an ECU back on the third day, the only problem is, it wasn't mine! So it is 5pm on day three I call ECS, wait on hold for 10-15 minutes, and they tell me, oh your ECU was sent to a guy in CT by mistake, and you have his. They sent me a label to repack his ECU and tell me to send it UPS next day. Well cutoff for next day is 5:30pm. So I rush inside print the label pack the ECU up and have the guy next door run me down to the UPS store. I got it in by 5:30, so the guy in CT will be getting his ECU today (Day 4). After I got back from the UPS store, I called back and asked if they could send me the tracking number of my ECU coming in from the guy in CT. I was told by customer service that they would send the tracking number. 8pm comes and goes and still no tracking number. I think, well the guy in CT probably sent it out yesterday I should have it today (Day 4). UPS always comes before 10:30am. So today at 10:40 no package here yet, I call ECS again. I ask for the tracking number. They give me the tracking number for the ECU i sent to CT. I said no I need the tracking for my ECU. They had to transfer me back to customer service. After a brief hold I talk to the guy I spoke to yesterday. He tries to call the guy in CT a few times, with no answer. So I ask him, can I have the tracking number. He said let me look it up. Comes back to the phone with no number, just says "it hasn't been picked up yet. So now day 4 becomes day 5 with no car. I missed work today because I didn't have a ride in. I still have no tracking number, not sure when i will get it if I will get it at all. I just want the damn number so I can see when it gets scanned so I know if I need to be home tomorrow or Saturday to get this stupid ECU back.

I have spent $1500 at ECS in the last two weeks, I expected more from them. At least throw me a bone and hook me up with some ECS rewards or free shipping on my next order. They didn't even offer me a coupon code for all this trouble. I lost out on $145 in pay today, and it looks like I may miss out on another $145 tomorrow. So much for the great APR sale. I am basically at full retail, and have had no car for week. The guy in CT now has his ECU, if he doesn't get around to sending mine to me until Monday I am screwed. I can't believe they sent my computer to someone else. Now I have to rely on them getting me my part. I am just so pissed right now and needed to vent. When I saw this thread I felt I had to share my experience.

Vehicles
      2004/VW/Jetta GLS 1.8T
      08-02-2012 03:43 PM #33
      UPDATE:

Thank you Tom from ECS for giving me an update, and a contingency plan if UPS doesn't come through in a reasonable time frame. This is the type of service I expected from ECS, thank you for your willingness to do the right thing when mistakes are made. I appreciate that.

Vehicles
      Mk4 GTI, C7 3.0T Quattro, 335i
      08-04-2012 07:54 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by Lampmode View Post
      I am dealing with an issue right now. I sent my ecu off for "three days to more power", well that didn't happen. I got an ECU back on the third day, the only problem is, it wasn't mine! So it is 5pm on day three I call ECS, wait on hold for 10-15 minutes, and they tell me, oh your ECU was sent to a guy in CT by mistake, and you have his. They sent me a label to repack his ECU and tell me to send it UPS next day. Well cutoff for next day is 5:30pm. So I rush inside print the label pack the ECU up and have the guy next door run me down to the UPS store. I got it in by 5:30, so the guy in CT will be getting his ECU today (Day 4). After I got back from the UPS store, I called back and asked if they could send me the tracking number of my ECU coming in from the guy in CT. I was told by customer service that they would send the tracking number. 8pm comes and goes and still no tracking number. I think, well the guy in CT probably sent it out yesterday I should have it today (Day 4). UPS always comes before 10:30am. So today at 10:40 no package here yet, I call ECS again. I ask for the tracking number. They give me the tracking number for the ECU i sent to CT. I said no I need the tracking for my ECU. They had to transfer me back to customer service. After a brief hold I talk to the guy I spoke to yesterday. He tries to call the guy in CT a few times, with no answer. So I ask him, can I have the tracking number. He said let me look it up. Comes back to the phone with no number, just says "it hasn't been picked up yet. So now day 4 becomes day 5 with no car. I missed work today because I didn't have a ride in. I still have no tracking number, not sure when i will get it if I will get it at all. I just want the damn number so I can see when it gets scanned so I know if I need to be home tomorrow or Saturday to get this stupid ECU back.

I have spent $1500 at ECS in the last two weeks, I expected more from them. At least throw me a bone and hook me up with some ECS rewards or free shipping on my next order. They didn't even offer me a coupon code for all this trouble. I lost out on $145 in pay today, and it looks like I may miss out on another $145 tomorrow. So much for the great APR sale. I am basically at full retail, and have had no car for week. The guy in CT now has his ECU, if he doesn't get around to sending mine to me until Monday I am screwed. I can't believe they sent my computer to someone else. Now I have to rely on them getting me my part. I am just so pissed right now and needed to vent. When I saw this thread I felt I had to share my experience.
      Similar thing happened to me, they sent me broken fuel pump. Took over two weeks before they got it and send me a new one. In the meantime while I'm waiting that fuel pump goes on sale for $50 less.

They didn't even offer an expedited shipping ...

ECS

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
      2012 335i Alpine White Loaded (his) - JB4, BMS downpipe, Active Autowerke Exhaust, ER FMIC
      2013 A6 Glacier White Metallic 3.0T Quattro Prestige (her's)

MK4 GTI 1.8T with goodies (garage queen)

Vehicles
      2005 MK4 GTI 1.8t (rip) 86 Cabrio. 95 Jetta GL 2014 Jetta 1.8t, 2013 CC 2.0T (current)
      08-08-2012 12:33 PM #35
      The onnnly problem I've had with ECS is about a year ago I couldn't put in my vehicle information using my iPhone which was fixed within a week.

There's a reason 98% of WV/Audi operators know of ECS Tuning and have it bookmarked on their computers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast