VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Hi new member here - Looking for a fuel efficient, fun to drive car

5K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  Blingmo 
#1 ·
budget for cars is 10,000 - 50,000

I'll be driving long distances everyday( 2 hours+ to work)

I've been told that these were good options:

- Toyota Camry
- Hyundai Sonata
- Ford fusion
- Hyundai genesis coupe/sedan

#4 ·
google search "top fuel efficient cars" and you should see a few top ten lists that will help. I was in the same boat but did not have the cash flow you have and was looking pre-owned but found a number of them from that google search. My favorite from the list was the mazda 3 which gets up to 40+mpg.

#5 ·
Hi, thanks for the input.

Knight 2000 I don't know what you are getting at... sorry i am new to cars.

A gas efficient car is what i am looking for, but i also want a car that is good in snow and rain... especially for long distances.

What about suv's like jeep compass that get 30+ mph?

#6 ·
I'd absolutely recommend the V6 Nissan Altima or Nissan Maxima.. Have tried both for a daily 90 minutes drive for more than 6 months (ps: for long drives do not get leather seats). I think they look much more better than the Camry, interior quality is excellent for the line range, price is very reasonable. It's also pretty economic, even the V6 3.5L..

If looking for higher quality, check the Honda Accord too.

Goodluck
Mak

#18 ·
I think the Toyota camry might have been a better option for you if you are really looking forward to have a nice ca in your estimated budget... Because of the Fuel efficiency and the comfort as compared to the other cars i think it might suit your need.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.