Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Seiko Monster Facelift?

1. Member
      07-28-2012 05:47 PM #1
      From what I'm seeing on watchuseek, the BM is discontinued. In October, all Monsters will be replaced with new faces and hacking movements. The case and band are not expected to change. Chapter ring will be gone, and the rectangular markers will be trimmed to triangles.

I'm a lot more interested than I was before. I absolutely love the case & band, and would already own one if the hands and markers matched. Does anyone know if the lume will change? Are there any better pictures floating around?

old:

new:
      Sim Simmer.
      Keys.
      Bimmer.

07-28-2012 07:47 PM #2
      http://www.timekeeper.co.nz/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1975

I am trying to decide wether to replace my old OM before they become hard to find or wait for the new one. Think the new ones are supposed to be much more expensive.

3. Member
      07-28-2012 08:35 PM #3
      Thanks! Great pics at that link I really like the red one you posted. Now I'll have to decide between that and the classic BM when they come out. Either way, the markers are drastically improved (for my taste). It still looks like the lume is mismatched from the markers and hands, but I've seen worse. And it's way better than the mk1 Monsters. I suspect the lume is weaker, though. I guess that's the tradeoff for getting rid of the lime green markers.

I'm not crazy about the knurled crown, but that's not too big of a turn off.

The pricing rumors seem to vary. I can't imagine Seiko bumping it up significantly higher, but we'll see.
      Last edited by Big M; 07-28-2012 at 08:41 PM.
      Sim Simmer.
      Keys.
      Bimmer.

4. Member
      08-05-2012 10:55 AM #4
      Found a shot of the SRP307 for an apples-to-apples comparison. Yeah, I want one. My only complaint was how plasticky the indices looked. They've solved that, and kept it more or less the same otherwise. No excuses for me anymore.

Last edited by Big M; 08-05-2012 at 11:00 AM.
      Sim Simmer.
      Keys.
      Bimmer.

08-17-2012 06:51 PM #5
      If you search on philipinewatchclub.org you will get some good pictures. The new monsters have been out for a little while there. I can't wait until I get a few for myself.

6. Member
      08-18-2012 09:51 PM #6
      Good call. They do have a lot of pics up already on that site