Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: unOFFICIAL "What's in your camera bag" thread

1. 07-29-2012 08:42 PM #1
      Inspired by JapanCameraHunter.com and his regular "what's in your bag" feature. I thought we could do the same and show off *cough* I mean share what our most used equipment is

What's in my camera bag by pdexposures, on Flickr

Please note: the goal of this is to not list off, nor take a quick snapshot. Throw in some items that you enjoy using as well (notebooks, pens, watches, etc) and take the time to arrange them in a decent looking fashion. And if you feel like it, write/explain what is all there and why you chose it.For inspiration visit here.

Also, for the sake of my sanity and I'm sure many others. Please limit to 1000px on the longest side

2. 08-03-2012 02:27 PM #2
      You guys are a bunch of jerks

Vehicles
      '02 Cooper S
      08-03-2012 02:37 PM #3
      You pack surprisingly light.

I'll try to throw down...sometime...when I have moment.
      Don't like something? Report it. We can't be everywhere at all times.

4. 08-04-2012 06:42 PM #4
      is this to just show off your gear? cause whats in my bag is pretty boring.
      http://awwsheeet.com
      Boys will be boys!
      Good or Bad comments?, I dont care just keep talking about it.

5. 08-05-2012 12:50 PM #5
      hoarders 2012
      Boys will be boys!

Vehicles
      2012 Jeep Wrangler, 2009 Grand Cherokee; 2001 BMW 325Ci vert
      08-05-2012 05:54 PM #6
      Here's what I usually have in my bag

5D classic, Sigma 24mm/1.8

and some other bits.

Interesting, huh?

Vehicles
      1990 Cozy Coupe
      08-05-2012 09:16 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by ohsnappe2 View Post
      hoarders 2012
      Drool.

I keep telling myself that someday I will be the privileged owner of some Contax/Zeiss equipment.

8. 08-05-2012 11:43 PM #8
      zeiss pop rules
      Boys will be boys!

9. 08-06-2012 07:56 AM #9
      snappe I think he's looking for what each of us typically leaves the house with on a photo walk/shooting session..unless you're implying that any particular day could involve the use of any particular piece of film pr0n you've collected.

Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      This has to be my jam right now. If I had a few more subcontractors intothis type of **** the old lady would be done by now. Give me the kayak you know somebody is being a poseureur about.
      Oh My Tumblr: DGDCphotography.tumblr.com

10. 08-06-2012 08:18 AM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by peoples_car View Post
      snappe I think he's looking for what each of us typically leaves the house with on a photo walk/shooting session..unless you're implying that any particular day could involve the use of any particular piece of film pr0n you've collected.

i know. i was half trolling. but to play devils advocate i dont believe that people actually lug around half the crap they post in threads like these. for example im going to call BS on the fact that yel0wsn0 actually uses 4 full cameras of different formats (5 if you count the iphone) on any given day or session. also
      Boys will be boys!

11. 08-06-2012 12:26 PM #11
      i know. i was half trolling. but to play devils advocate i dont believe that people actually lug around half the crap they post in threads like these. for example im going to call BS on the fact that yel0wsn0 actually uses 4 full cameras of different formats (5 if you count the iphone) on any given day or session. also
      also (i clicked send too fast), what if it was cloudy or dark? no flash? only velvia 100?? juss sayin!

ps usually its one of the p&s then the g1 with a flash then the hassey with a flash maybe. i need to get comfortable with the mamiya 7.
      Boys will be boys!

12. 08-06-2012 01:11 PM #12
      for example im going to call BS on the fact that yel0wsn0 actually uses 4 full cameras of different formats (5 if you count the iphone) on any given day or session. also
      I have carried that exact bag before. It wasn't light by any means but I did it

Most of the time though it is in fact the Leica, Hassey and SX70. I recently picked up the NPC 195 and have been bringing that around. The problem is they're so damn rare that I actually feel a little bad every time I pull it out and risk it getting beat up.

13. 08-06-2012 03:30 PM #13
      post pics from it
      Boys will be boys!

14. 08-06-2012 04:24 PM #14
      post pics from it

The NPC 195? I don't really have any online right now. I'll scan/upload some later on tonight once I get home.

15. 08-08-2012 01:05 AM #15
      post pics from it
      I brought it to dinner with me tonight. Took a few shots. The thing really shines in low light with the 3000 speed film. I'm not really a fan of Fuji's color film anyway. Plus I can shoot that in the standard land cameras and only loose about 1.5 stops of light. However the lenses are nowhere near as sharp, nor as quick. Not to mention the light meters are easily tricked and I much prefer the all manual controls of the NPC 195.

Ignore the awful scan quality. Needless to say the prints themselves are much better.

My dad

Untitled by pdexposures, on Flickr

People sitting near us

No I didn't miss focus here.

This is just me dinking around waiting for my Dad to arrive. Shot wide open, note how little fall off there is in the corners. This is a HUGE upgrade compared to the standard land cameras which can barely cover the format.

16. 08-16-2012 05:57 PM #16
      I'll play. Here's what I just packed for a 4 state tour of the United States:

Travel Kit by delgiudice, on Flickr

It's basically the "must have" pieces of my typical Digital or Film street set ups crammed together into a travel kit.

Olympus OM1, Zuiko 35mm f/2.8, Zuiko 50mm f/1.8
      4 Rolls Kodak Tri-X 400 (many more to be shot/bought during the trip)
      2 Rolls Fuji Velvia (1 @ ISO50 & 1 @ ISO100)

Gripped Nikon D90, Nikkor 24mm f/2.8, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, SB600, D90 Battery Charger

Air blower thing, Gorilla-pod knock off.

I also packed an empty shoulder bag/man-purse that will be used as a day bag so I can pick and choose what to lug around on each stop of the tour. I wish I had a simple 18-105 or 18-200 digital zoom so I don't have to carry 2 extra primes around (4 total), but I'm planning on shooting mostly film so the 24mm 2.8 will probably stay glued to the D90 and be kept in the day bag. I'll probably take more pics with my iphone than my D90..
      This has to be my jam right now. If I had a few more subcontractors intothis type of **** the old lady would be done by now. Give me the kayak you know somebody is being a poseureur about.

17. 08-17-2012 02:12 PM #17
      im feeling tri-x (of course) but i want to venture out to other b&w films. i kopped some hp5+ try my hand at that.
      Boys will be boys!

18. 08-17-2012 02:18 PM #18
      im feeling tri-x (of course) but i want to venture out to other b&w films. i kopped some hp5+ try my hand at that.
      HP5 is a crippled Tri-X. I've never been as happy with it as I have with Tri-X, both at 400, 200, all the way to 1600 in HC110, Rodinal, ID11, and with constant agitation and stand development.

19. 08-17-2012 03:30 PM #19
      i already kopped!! im going to try it anyways maybe for something fun and whatevs
      Boys will be boys!

Vehicles
      13 abarth//90 325iS//20-speed roadie
      08-17-2012 05:39 PM #20
      the bag occasionally changes as does the lens rotation but I think this is a good representation of my usual.

what's in my bag? by nes☆, on Flickr

21. Member
      Vehicles
      08 R32, 2011 F250.
      09-01-2012 10:04 PM #21
      Here's my everyday stuff.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

22. 09-27-2012 01:01 PM #22
      im going to h2o and im not bringing anything by a t2
      Boys will be boys!

Vehicles
      13 abarth//90 325iS//20-speed roadie
      06-19-2013 02:11 PM #23
      back from the dead!

here's my 2012.5-2013 year edition with my FTb sitting in for my NEX 5R:

what's in my bag (canon FTb sitting in for my sony NEX) by nes☆, on Flickrny NEX)">

24. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 CC Executive VR6 4Motion
      06-19-2013 02:38 PM #24
      My weekend shooting often involves just heading out with 1 or 2 camera bodies, each with attached lens, and nothing else. So not much 'kit' to show. But when I travel or go on vacation, I always pack my main Kata camera backpack with as much of my gear as I can stuff into it, so that I can set up in the hotel/vacation home/cabin/etc and each day, pick and choose the cameras/lenses that I want to head out and shoot with.

The main backpack in full travel/airplane packing mode can handle up to 18 lenses and two camera bodies plus all charging gear, backup drives, flash, tripod, and netbook...so I can fit nearly my entire lens collections for both DSLR and mirrorless cameras, here:

I have 4 descendingly smaller bags to hold smaller subsets of lenses and gear, depending on needs. The Tenba shoulder bag can handle up to 6 lenses and two bodies, the Think Tank holster can handle two long birding primes or one prime and two smaller lenses, my small video bag can handle DSLR and one attached lens plus an additional lens, or up to 3 DSLR lenses, or mirrorless body with lens plus one more DSLR lens, and finally the Tamrac Zuma bag can handle a mirrorless body and up to 3 lenses.

Here's the Think Tank holster set up for my birding and wildlife outings with two lenses - 300mm F4 prime with 1.4x TC, and 200-500mm zoom:

If I go on a smaller trip, I may just lighten the backpack's load and just take 5-6 lenses, flash, DSLR body, and tripod along - I could also leave out the big wildlife lens and fit 4-6 smaller lenses or a second camera body in its place - this would be the typical travel configuration for shorter weekend trips or hikes - with remote cable release, filters, and cleaning gear (blower, swabs):

_____
      Justin

25. 07-09-2013 07:49 PM #25
      Here is what I keep in my bag...

Sorry for the crappy quality images.

My bag is a Case Logic SLRC-206. Items inside are 4th Gen iPad 32gb, Neewer 43 inch 5-in-1 reflector, Sanyo Eneloop XX 2500mAh batteries, battery chargers, Joby wrist strap, Nikon D7100, Nikon D5100, SB-700 Speedlight, 40mm Micro Nikkor, Giottos Rocket Air blaster, extra battery for my D7100 and D5100, Mefoto Roadtrip Tripod, and MB-D15 battery grip for the D7100.

I also forgot to include my business cards.
      Mojo-Dubbin...
      72576-62510

8v Society # 40

26. 07-10-2013 09:40 AM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by zackiedawg View Post
      The main backpack in full travel/airplane packing mode can handle up to 18 lenses and two camera bodies plus all charging gear, backup drives, flash, tripod, and netbook...so I can fit nearly my entire lens collections for both DSLR and mirrorless cameras, here:
      Link to your work so we can check out the hard earned results of lugging all that stuff around?

Quote Originally Posted by ftspyder View Post
      Here is what I keep in my bag...
      My bag is a Case Logic SLRC-206. Items inside are 4th Gen iPad 32gb, Neewer 43 inch 5-in-1 reflector, Sanyo Eneloop XX 2500mAh batteries, battery chargers, Joby wrist strap, Nikon D7100, Nikon D5100, SB-700 Speedlight, 40mm Micro Nikkor, Giottos Rocket Air blaster, extra battery for my D7100 and D5100, Mefoto Roadtrip Tripod, and MB-D15 battery grip for the D7100.
      Wow you can probably take on pretty much anything with that kit. Maybe think about grabbing one of the new(ish) 35mm f/1.8's to top it off?

27. 07-10-2013 12:23 PM #27
      Link to your work so we can check out the hard earned results of lugging all that stuff around?

Wow you can probably take on pretty much anything with that kit. Maybe think about grabbing one of the new(ish) 35mm f/1.8's to top it off?
      I was thinking about getting the 50mm f/1.8 because I mainly do portraits.
      Mojo-Dubbin...
      72576-62510

8v Society # 40

28. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 CC Executive VR6 4Motion
      07-10-2013 01:00 PM #28
      My galleries are here:

http://www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

I do a lot of bird and wildlife photography, as well as travel photography...partially explains why I have several very long telephotos and primes, as well as a bunch of wide primes and ultrawides.

Many of the old manual mount lenses that go on my mirrorless are purely for fun and experimentation...since you can pick up some really nice fast primes and interesting lenses for $5-10 on craigslist, ebay, and at used stores...I don't really need as many as I have, but I can't help but pick one up when the price is good (I've got 3 28mms, 3 50mms, etc).
      _____
      Justin