Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: down pipe vibration and door open not registering

Vehicles
      2000 audi tt 180q
      07-30-2012 03:28 AM #1
      so i installed my 42 draft downpipe today. i noticed one take off under hard accel theirs alot of vibration.. possibly dp hittink k frame or even drive shaft... do i need to upgrade the dogbone inserts to harder ones? i think i saw 42draft offering them?

second thng i noticed is drivers door is not registering beng open... did a window reset and turned car off seemed to work. then as soon as interior light went out the window wouldnt drop and interior light wouldnt come on when opening door... is their a switch or senso to register if door is open? if so were is it?
      infinity front and sides,votex rear,st coilovers,eurodyne tapp 1000cc tuned,hks ssq bov, pte 5857 pagparts turbo kit with 38mm tial wastegate. spec stage 3, custom intake, bbm fuel rail, billy boat 3in exhaust,ecs bleeder block,mbc,fmic,bfi mounts,cm flywheel,front mount interccoler, aeb head cat 3652 cams, scat rods je pistons super tech valves and springs.

Vehicles
      MK2 GTI 16v,Audi TT MK1 1.8 20vt
      07-30-2012 04:19 AM #2
      That door switch is inside the the door mechanism.
      I should try to disconnect the battery, wait en connect it and look what happens. Sometimes this will help.

The vibration of your downpipe is maybe the result of a not good fitment of your pipe. Did the pipe line up nice with the rest of your exhaust system? Or is the flex section under stress? I had the same with my car.

Vehicles
      2000 audi tt 180q
      07-30-2012 05:16 AM #3
      hard to say on the alignment as most of the exhaust was hacked apart by po. but it only does it under hard accel usally in forst on take off and maybe second. after that i dont notice it.. i can hear it vibrate like i said hitting the k frame.. i think i am gonna do a stage 2 incert kit from 42...
      infinity front and sides,votex rear,st coilovers,eurodyne tapp 1000cc tuned,hks ssq bov, pte 5857 pagparts turbo kit with 38mm tial wastegate. spec stage 3, custom intake, bbm fuel rail, billy boat 3in exhaust,ecs bleeder block,mbc,fmic,bfi mounts,cm flywheel,front mount interccoler, aeb head cat 3652 cams, scat rods je pistons super tech valves and springs.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      01 Audi TT Coupe FWD
      07-31-2012 06:07 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by 1fast2liter View Post
      hard to say on the alignment as most of the exhaust was hacked apart by po. but it only does it under hard accel usally in forst on take off and maybe second. after that i dont notice it.. i can hear it vibrate like i said hitting the k frame.. i think i am gonna do a stage 2 incert kit from 42...
      Firmer dogbone bushing is a common fix. Don't go too hard though or you'll get too much engine vibration through the steering wheel and cab. Dogbones help with wheel hop as well. Cheap performance boost ($25) and very easy to install.
      REVO stg2+4bar | Magnaflow 2.5"CB+3"DP | Samco TIP/boost hoses | K&N | Forge SMIC/DV | 18" Sportec Mono 10 | 10/15mm spacers | Bilstein Sports w/B&G springs(-1.25") | H&R 25mm RSB | PFlex DB | ECS drill/slot rotors w/Akebonos+braided lines | Rear ballast delete | MShack eng trim | 034 PCV
      RIP - 83 Rabbit GTI, 84 4000Q, 87 Scirocco 16V, 90 Corrado G60

Vehicles
      2002 Audi TT Quattro Roadster
      07-31-2012 04:34 PM #5
      Was your subframe dropped when you had the downpipe installed? I had the same issue, got lazy and ended up with a broken flex pipe section! Make sure when your dogbone mount is off, you position the motor right, before you tighten the mount back on. That was my problem.
      Instagram : Rysidhu

Vehicles
      2000 audi tt 180q
      07-31-2012 08:19 PM #6
      Nope left sub alone.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Vehicles
      2000 audi tt 180q
      08-04-2012 04:54 PM #7
      Ordered stage 1 dog bone mounts per 42 draft recommendations. And bought the micro switch from rad shack

Vehicles
      2000 audi tt 180q
      08-07-2012 12:24 AM #8
      Stage 1 is in and took care of everything