Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2 Door 03 GTI Suggestions on Good Component set up

1. 07-30-2012 11:42 AM #1
      I'm looking for two sets of components that have a beefy bass line. I really love bass but I don't feel young enough to be rocking the sub woofers of my youth. I've been looking at a few sets at the local audio shop but I kind of wanted a non sales point of view also . Right now I just have the stock head unit that I plan on replacing with a Pioneer head unit of the same size so I can have touch screen and attach my phone to it for GPS and all that good noise. Currently looking at the speakers first as they rattle and I'm sure the almost ten year old cones could use a nice boost. Thanks for the help!

Vehicles
      2004.5 VW GLi 1.8T
      07-30-2012 09:36 PM #2
      Well I'd suggest Saving ur money on the rear component s and get coaxials for the rear and use the extra cash for the front stage. If u want a good bass response of suggest looking at the hertz hi energy hsk165xl (XL is a larger woofer) or some of the hybrid audio tech speakers. They sell some oversized midbass woofers (7 and 8") I've gotten some of the 7" to fit in mk4. 8" would need some door modification.
      12v Installation Services: Audio, Alarms/Remote Starts, OEM Integration, etc.
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      Pioneer, Kenwood, Hertz, Audison, Rockford Fosgate

3. 08-07-2012 05:20 PM #3
      Thanks for the info! Why would I want to go coaxial in the back when they are already component. I'm extremely ignorant when it comes to audio quality from the different types. When I was a kid I was just into the cars the cars that go boom hehe.

Vehicles
      2004.5 VW GLi 1.8T
      08-08-2012 01:55 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by SwankNasT View Post
      Thanks for the info! Why would I want to go coaxial in the back when they are already component. I'm extremely ignorant when it comes to audio quality from the different types. When I was a kid I was just into the cars the cars that go boom hehe.
      In basic terms, the most important position for sound quality in the vehicle is the front. The rear is intended for rear fill...but who the **** cares about the people in the rear seat. Coaxials will still give you rear fill without disrupting staging. The front speakers are what you are going to hear, thus why u want those speakers to be the best in the car.

5. 08-08-2012 04:22 PM #5
      Got yah.

Vehicles
      2004.5 VW GLi 1.8T
      08-08-2012 11:37 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by SwankNasT View Post
      Got yah.
      if u need anything let me know (product included).