VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Running 20 pounds of boost on stock turbo?!?

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Snoyarc 
#1 ·
Only power adders I have are lightweight under drive pulley Volkswagen racing cai and apr stage 1 chip on 91 oct program on my mkv gti and under full throttle it peaks at 18-21 pounds of boost wondering if that's wrong or right and if wrong what steps do I need to do to control that thanks

#3 ·
Yea just got off the phone with apr and they said that's a few pounds over what they see normally but I shouldn't worry about it cause the tech stated he runs round 21-24 peak

#6 ·
i have seen different boost gauges read different readings .. for instance if you tq the fitting on a new south boost gauge too much you will push the needle in to the vac side ..

also even when you put the needle back to the middle i have still seen them read a pound or 2 higher than what the actual boost is ..

#7 ·
Ordered a new forge diverter valve should help with some of the build up pressure

#9 ·
Agreed lol anyone have the nuespeed inlet piping kit and outlet as well ? Was thinking of ordering that as well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.