Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Hi NorCal dubbers! Another Mk3 owner right here

Vehicles
      1993 C4 100 2.8 1996 MK3 GTI 2.0
      07-30-2012 07:55 PM #1
      Hello all! My name is Dima, I'm from San Jose and I just recently purchased a VW and totally new to the scene but not new to the whole Euro scene as I come from Audi world and still own one.

So yeah, I got a '96 MK3 GTI 2.0 manual. Got it off Craigslist for $850 and had plans to use it as my daily beater without investing a thing in it and use my precious Audi for special days. However as for any car fan out there, that doesn't always happen that way and its a drug that we get hooked on quick. The car it self mechanically is good and had its TB, WP and heater core replaced by the precious owner just recently(so Im good on that). The only issues it has is cosmetics(getting that done slowly), needed axles(done), ball joint(done), rear wheel bearings(done), and my sencros(rings) or whatever you call them are completely gone on my Reverse, so everytime I back out it will make that sound but no problems going forward. Then again as long as it going to reverse its fine(will fix that later), last is my shifter, slips a bit(need to get that shifter rebuild kit) And that it pretty much what is on the car. I happy with my purchase and how much MPG I get comparing to Audi...OMG, I love it. As well as driving a stick because my Audi is automatic.

Here are some pics the day I got it.

with my Audi.

and progress of restoring the look

As far as today thats what it looks like.

So hopefully I keep going with her. I'm kinda on the budget(student) but I'm pretty sure I can get it done, besides, after just 1 month it already looks way better then when I got her. Future plans is to drop it, get tinted windows, HIDs and other small things. If you guys every see me driving by, just honk or throw a "V", I will return the same. Looking forward on following this forum and getting some info. Thanks.

Vehicles
      MKiv GLX VR6
      07-31-2012 01:47 PM #2
      Welcome!

Keep the mods coming
      VRalliance #199

Vehicles
      Corrado TSI (kind of)/ Mk3 .:R32 / Audi S4 Avant / mk1 rabbit 4dr/R.I.P Dasher diesel wagon
      07-31-2012 02:16 PM #3
      welcome... thumbs up for repping mk3...