Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Interest in a used SmartTop?

Vehicles
      2012 VW Eos Lux
      07-31-2012 10:13 PM #1
      Hi All,

I installed a SmartTop in my Eos about 6 months ago. It's been working GREAT and I don't know how I lived without the convenience that it provides. Sadly, my Eos and I are parting company soon. While I could leave it in the car as it's traded-in, the dealer and the future new owner will likely not know or care of its installation and it'll just be an unused box in the trunk. However, if there's no interest in it as a used item for someone else's Eos, then it might not be worth my effort to uninstall it prior to trade-in.

So... anyone interested in buying a used SmartTop? Details on the STLFVN1 product are available at the http://www.mods4cars.com site. Ask if you have any questions.

Thanks.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 TTQ 225 2008 VW EOS 3.2
      08-02-2012 09:55 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by astromutt View Post
      Hi All,

I installed a SmartTop in my Eos about 6 months ago. It's been working GREAT and I don't know how I lived without the convenience that it provides. Sadly, my Eos and I are parting company soon. While I could leave it in the car as it's traded-in, the dealer and the future new owner will likely not know or care of its installation and it'll just be an unused box in the trunk. However, if there's no interest in it as a used item for someone else's Eos, then it might not be worth my effort to uninstall it prior to trade-in.

So... anyone interested in buying a used SmartTop? Details on the STLFVN1 product are available at the http://www.mods4cars.com site. Ask if you have any questions.

Thanks.
      Used price?
      2004 TTQ 225 Blueflame Exhaust, APR, Modshack, Dieselgeek Shortshift
      For Sale: 2008 VW EOS 3.2 DSG 78,000mi

Vehicles
      2012 VW Eos Lux
      08-03-2012 08:47 AM #3
      Hi Guys,

Was thinking around $200 delivered with all original parts, latest firmware, etc...

4. 08-03-2012 12:40 PM #4
      Edit 8/21

I'll Take it.

Payment being arranged.
      Last edited by swiftvision; 08-22-2012 at 05:08 PM.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta S
      09-12-2012 01:44 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by astromutt View Post
      Hi All,

Thanks.
      Question, I was under the impression that the functions of the module you have are already built into the car and can be enabled with Vag-Com. Is this correct?