Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Black Front and Rear Rings

Vehicles
      '06 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro
      08-01-2012 04:51 PM #1
      Alright, the new Titanium package 'airplane' (read Q5 3.2) has finally arrived from Germany and I picked it up few days ago. I admit, I am getting a bit older, but as first impression I think the car is super comfortable for long trips (the reason why I got it). One of my favorites is the adaptive cruise control

Anyhow, despite having the all back interior, grill, wheels and rails, I, sort of disappointingly, found that the Audi four rings on the front and back are not black. I am looking for places to get the black ones, so please chime-in if you know such.

Cheers

Vehicles
      '06 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro
      08-16-2012 04:51 AM #2
      So, it appears that there isn't manufacture that is close to the OEM for S-line that makes the Audi logo rings in black. They are some of them manufactured in China, as a German source pointed out, but they do not have exact fit.
      Thus my options for having black ones, would be to get OEM and paint them to the desired shade and finish.

3. 09-05-2012 01:14 AM #3
      try black plastidip --- i have it on my grill and rings. super easy to do, and you can take it off if you chose to! it's also very cheap.

4. 09-16-2012 11:29 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by boywonder82 View Post
      try black plastidip --- i have it on my grill and rings. super easy to do, and you can take it off if you chose to! it's also very cheap.
      ^^^^ what he said. Do a search on YouTube for plasti dip car badges.