Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: SAI Delete Flashing

1. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2001/VW/Jetta GLX VR6 AFP w/T3 Turbo
      08-01-2012 06:30 PM #1
      ok i know there are like a hundred threads on how to do the sai delete but I just got an 01 vr6 and pulled the engine to do some mods on it. and the SAI is already disconnected but just still bolted on (it was like that when i bought the car). I am new to VW tuning. Normally i build BMW's but i wanted to build a jetta. I've got everything i want to put on it but im also wanting to eleminate the SAI completely. The car ran like crap and im assuming it has something to do with this thing. correct me if im wrong. i need to remove it, block of the hole, plug the vacume line at the solenoid but leave the electrical connections hooked up, then get it flashed and that will get rid of everything that has to do with the SAI and stop the CEL. but where do i go to get it flashed? because my genisys system wont flash it. i would just buy a whole new ECU for it but then i would still have to have it flashed by the dealer to get it to work for my car so it seems like a waste of time.

While ive got the eninge out im doing a full rebuild on it adn using autotech 262 cams. then adding a T3 turbo kit with a turbo timer, front mount intercooler, F1 racing flywheel, Stage 4 clutch kit, NGK plug wires, ZEX plugs, cold air intake, and a ZEX 150 wet nitrous kit. (the turbo kit is going to be set to only 5 PSI and im not ever planing on using the nitrous just puting everything on it because it makes it look better at the shows.)

is there anything else you would recommend?
      2001 VW Jetta GLX VR6 with way to much to list on the signature lines

2. 08-01-2012 10:43 PM #2
      Just make sure the tune you get deletes the sai

3. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      08-01-2012 11:18 PM #3
      well im also doing sport tuned h/d valve springs and new hydraulic lifters but i dont know where to go to get my car flashed.

4. 08-01-2012 11:27 PM #4
      Call c2 and let them know what your doing and im sure they can send you somewhere

5. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      08-03-2012 12:56 PM #5
      what exactly is c2? there is a lot of short hand here that i dont understand.

Vehicles
      2000 Jetta VR6 12V
      08-03-2012 01:33 PM #6
      C2 motorsports a company that tunes vws or gonzo tune it's cheaper and a really nice tune

Sent from space through a satellite
      2000 Jetta VR6 BMW Chili Red
      VRSociety #322
      Instagram --> @Skimmer0220

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta VRT
      08-03-2012 01:52 PM #7
      i recently deleted mine and have yet to get a code for it and my tune doesnt have the SAI delete.. just blocked it off, removed all vac lines coming from solenoids (left solenoids plugged in) removed pump and put a 10watt 300ohm resistor to the plug that goes to the pump. Done, no codes, no effed off fuel trims.

8. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      10-07-2012 01:13 PM #8
      the biggest issue i had was that i couldnt find a company that made an SAI block off for it so i came up with 3 options all of which work great. i made an adapter to make the 42dd block off for the mk3 work, i made a block off plate that you simply attach in place of the valve, and if you cut of the pat that is between the head and valve reasonably close to head side you can have it welded up and just bolt it back in. none of these are very expensive and they can simply be un installed and the stock system put back on if you ever want.

9. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      12-13-2012 01:05 PM #9
      I am in the process of building an AFP vr6 and i could not find a SAI block off to fit it anywhere. so i designed one that will fit the AAA and the AFP prototyping starts tomorrow. this is a crucial part for my build and i would assume it is for everyones build. Not going to be any type of special symbols or color just a two piece aluminium block off. as soon as mine is installed and i know that it is not going to have any issues i will get back on here and let you all know and post pics of it. if anyone else wants one let me know. i dont see them costing any more than like 15 bucks. i also made a block off plate for the SAI valve pedestal. it performs the same function but it leaves the mounting pedestal on the head. it just didnt really seem like a full removal with the pedestal still mounted.