doing a great job! nice ride
awesome progress man
Update... I put my spec sheet in the second post... Progress has been slow lately. It took 3 weeks to get the police report from the accident at waterfest, made the claim, and now I'm waiting on the insurance company. Which I'm sure will take a while. I started on the false floor but haven't gotten it finished yet. Went to VAG fair this past sunday, and I should have known it was going to be a bad day when I got up in the morning and found this.
I fixed that leak once before there's a split in the seam sealer in the cowl and the water runs down the firewall to the foot well. Its actually an easy fix, but non the less annoying. So I vacuumed that out, and then cruised the 2.5 hours to the show with some friends and had a great time. Here's some pics.
So here is where it went bad. I used to run 1" engine mount spacers when I was static low to help with axle bind, and raise the oil pan off of the skidplate. But since I have added the r32 spindles, control arms, and the air ride I took them out. So my oil pan has been sitting right up against the skidplate. Well sometime on sunday a rock managed to squeeze its way between the pan and the plate, and either when I aired out at the show or the couple times I hit the plate on the way home the rock got punched into the pan puncturing it. I didn't notice until I got home and saw the smoke of the oil burning on the exhaust coming out from under the car. It leaked a good 2 quarts on my driveway, some more on the shop floor, and I still got about a .5 quart when I drained it 2 days later. So I'm 100% the motor is safe.
I got it towed to the shop where I work, and now I'm just waiting on my steel pan to come in. I'm gonna armor the **** out of it with 3/16ths steel like I've been planning to do, just never had the reason / motivation. Where she sits waiting...