Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Plug wires leaking voltage

Vehicles
      New 04 pd100 Old setup 94 JTI Vrt 60-1 .58ar exh obd2 440 racefile 20psi/meth
      08-01-2012 10:39 PM #1
      Just recently I ve been having issues with hot restarts and ignition issues when running for more than 15, 20 mins.

The car just started acting up on my way home and was miss firing and reading slightly lean 15-16. Sounds like ignition break down but the lean has got me (have yet to check the injector resistances)

Turned the car off in the driveway and ran inside to grab a spray bottle. Started it up and suprisingly it was running fine again. I sprayed the wires and coils regardless. Suprise suprise my wires are leaking voltage around my msd coils and metal valve cover on the front bank of cylinders.

Now the troubling part, These wires are maybe 10000-15000kms at most. They are the fourseason tuning wires (figured they would have been quality)

Is there anything I can do to cover the wires to better prevent the voltage leaking? I figure I'll dielectric grease the boot ends at the coil pack to help their but as for the wires.....?
      Coming soon 4dr pd golf on air dipped blue with hitch racks and skid. Real work horse
      Automatic cause shifting short ratio sucks

Vehicles
      02 jetta glx vr6 supercharged, 08 F150-DD
      08-01-2012 10:53 PM #2
      maybe some heat shrink? you may need quite a bit though

3. Forum Sponsor FourSeasonTuning.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      92 Corrado SLC , 92 Audi S4
      08-03-2012 05:32 PM #3
      Scott, please contact us at the shop via phone.

We can warranty the wires.
      :: www.FourSeasonTuning.com
      :: Wössner-APR-United Motorsport-Supertech-Clutchnet-DXD/SBC-Koni-KW- IE-Bosch-Hawk-Peloquin-TT-Sachs-Brembo-Samco-Much More...
      :: VW / Audi Performance and Oem Parts Source and Service Center ::714-997-5842 M-F 10:30-6:30 PST