Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: What is this (for lack of a better term) "body kit"?

Vehicles
      2010 Passat, 1989 Jetta GLI, 1991 Corrado, 1999 Cherokee
      08-02-2012 03:01 AM #1
      The wife and I are looking at picking up a B6 and came across the car in the link at a local dealer and I wasn't sure what the "body kit" on the car is. I remember VW came out with some sort of appearance package but can't remember for sure.

Can you guys enlighten me as to what it is and if it is a desirable piece or not?

link:
      http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...22175694&Log=0

2. 08-02-2012 03:28 AM #2
      Hi Def body kit offered by VW, never was a fan either although some people love it. Also on a side note I feel the price is a little high.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      Passat 08 jetta 01 jetta 98 240sx
      08-02-2012 10:05 AM #3
      The body kit should be bi-tone to stand out that one looks plain weird plus those are bad pics

And yes it is waaayyy to expensive

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk
      DO YOU SPEAK DAS AUTO?

Vehicles
      07 Passat 2.0T 6MT/96 Passat GLX VR6/ 87 Scirocco 16V
      08-03-2012 05:31 AM #4
      Hi def kit was based of the Concept car at SEMA. The real car had 550HP AWD and looked sick. It got such a positive response that VW made a friendly version body kit.. I think it was around 4500 ordered.. the bumper alone was like 1900 but they went on sale.. 250 plus shipping.. you can piece it together if you shop around and get lucky.

As they said, it should be a two tone color.. This just looks to plain. If I purchased this car.. I would use Black Vinyl wrap to make it look better.

I have the rear bumper installed on my car.. although I did not paint it like OEM.

JT
      Passat B6 6MT 2.0TFSI, Spork Pkg, Bixenons, Giac,EVOMS Intake, Neuspeed SS, NS Rear S B, Koni FSD/Eibach Pro kit, Peloquin LSD, VF Mounts, Forge DV and FMIC, 18x9 Wheels,Badgeless Grille, Hidef Rear Bumper/Spoiler/Tips, Votex Side, Abt Front lip..
      Passat B4 5MT GLX VR6. Moddified Intake Box with K&N Filter, Borla Muffler... more to come.