Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Want 2008 Rabbit Exhaust opinions.

1. Member
      Vehicles
      08 Rabbit(Old) 13' DSG GTI (New)
      08-02-2012 02:20 AM #1
      Okay so I drive an 08 Rabbit, 5 Speed.

Not long ago I re-did the Exhaust, Kept stock Resonator on, removed both the mid and suitcase muffler and put on a high quality Maganaflow(14'' one) muffler (Where mid muffler was) with 3'' dual outlet double walled tips (Love how they look) and the car sounds great, pretty nice, deep, throaty, loud sound while on the throttle, slight growl at idle. No raspy what so ever, but my question is..should i delete the stock Resonator and just have the muffler or at that point would it get Raspy and ricey? which is what i dont want. I just want it to be be more rumble/louder at idle/driving, but not obnoxious louder/droning (has no droning)

Just lemme know what you guys think, thanks

2. Member
      Vehicles
      08-02-2012 08:24 PM #2
      Anyone? :/

Vehicles
      08 Rabbit 2.5, 14 Escape 2.0 awd
      08-03-2012 01:06 AM #3
      I would leave well enough alone.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      08-03-2012 01:20 AM #4
      What would give me the louder sound etc I'm wanting? Should I get a magnaflow high flow resonator put in its place? Or just remove it? Need more opinions from all

5. Member
      Vehicles
      08-04-2012 11:56 PM #5
      Decided I'm just going to remove the Resonator, straight pipe it. just have my magnaflow muffler thats it, excited for it.

Vehicles
      2009 Volkswagen Rabbit s
      08-05-2012 05:55 PM #6
      if being loud is all your interested try messing with intake too. that'll give you the deep growl you want. closer to the throttle body the louder

7. Member
      Vehicles
      08-05-2012 06:15 PM #7
      Well I do prefer the louder, deep throaty sound but also so my exhaust is more free flowing. So I'm going to cut my Res off and yeah.

And I already got a Neuspeed P-flo

Vehicles
      09 Volkswagen Jetta
      08-05-2012 06:20 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by Nick_V08 View Post
      Decided I'm just going to remove the Resonator, straight pipe it. just have my magnaflow muffler thats it, excited for it.
      Your more then likely gonna have drone I have the same set up on my car 14" Magnaflow.. After I got it put on and drove it the drone sucked so I got I think 18" round Magnaflow muffler and put in place of the resonater. Still has drone but not as bad. I also have a UM SRI on my car and that gave the car a nice gurgle and popping noise coming down in the rpm and inbetween shifts

9. Member
      Vehicles
      08-05-2012 08:07 PM #9
      What size is your piping? And I drove my friends 08 charger with a Hemi with full on 3" straight pipes and was the loudest, most badass sounding car but I loved it and didn't really have that bad of droning at all and didn't bother me much so I don't think this would bother me at all being as its stock pipe size 2.25" and a muffler on compared to straight pipes so I should be just fine having the P-flo helps reduce the droning so should be ok.

Vehicles
      09 Volkswagen Jetta
      08-05-2012 10:23 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by Nick_V08 View Post
      What size is your piping? And I drove my friends 08 charger with a Hemi with full on 3" straight pipes and was the loudest, most badass sounding car but I loved it and didn't really have that bad of droning at all and didn't bother me much so I don't think this would bother me at all being as its stock pipe size 2.25" and a muffler on compared to straight pipes so I should be just fine having the P-flo helps reduce the droning so should be ok.
      haha well an exhaust on a v8 is alot different then on our cars i can speak for my self on that. i had a 2000 dodge dakota 4.7l v8 magnum. outside it sounded like a monster, in the cad on the other hand it wasnt loud at all.. i have 2.5 inch piping on my car. i mean i can stand my car, but my gf hates driving in it, and people that dont go in my car to often even say how loud it is on the inside.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      08-05-2012 10:40 PM #11
      Well of course it's different lol but I read tons on it, videos etc of people who have done what I'm going to do and the ones who kept the 2.25" piping said droning is minimal with just a muffler only w/ 2.25 and having a CAI reduced the droning, then I read others with bigger piping who said droning was horrid, so I should be fine :p I love how my car sounds and just want it a bit louder and ATM with the muffler, res still on its like quiet inside so the extra bit of loudness won't bother me haha