Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Results 126 to 150 of 596

    Thread: OFFICIAL Beetle window issue thread

    1. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 3rd, 2009
      Location
      Lyndhurst, NJ
      Posts
      2,877
      Vehicles
      Frankenturbo Beetle
      08-06-2012 02:20 PM #126
      Quote Originally Posted by jwcardy View Post
      2 payments will not cut it with me. what happens if it takes them a year to fix the issue? if your car gets rained in and you start having major electrical issues when after the car is out of warranty do you think that check you received will be enough to cover the fix?
      Do you really think VW is going to have you hanging around that long for a fix? It takes time to track these types of issues down. You have VW, then you have the manufacturer of the part, then you have the programmers for the computers that control it, etc. There are so many people and departments you have to coordinate to find the fix, and then you have to supply all your dealerships worldwide with the parts before you tell customers to go get the fix. Or else you have screaming customers because the parts aren't available. Take a step back and look at it from the company's point of view and you'll understand. I have no concerns, two payments to me I think was more than sufficient, especially for something they are going to fix anyways.

    2. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 22nd, 2012
      Location
      Omaha
      Posts
      390
      Vehicles
      2012 Beetle, 2010 GTI, 2004 s2000
      08-06-2012 03:24 PM #127
      Quote Originally Posted by drtechy View Post
      Take a step back and look at it from the company's point of view and you'll understand.
      from the company's pov? really? im not trying to argue with you, but no I wont step back. every single 2012 and 2013 beetle is having issues...mine has had the issue from day one and it is frustrating...even more so when i call vw to have the issue addressed because my dealership blows me off and I am told to just cover my door with plastic so it doesnt rain in it. perhaps the only reason vw is working on a fix is because of the uproar here? have you thought about that? i have been told multiple times that there isnt an a fix nor is there a time frame on when it will be fixed. the more i think about it the more pissed i get. if you are satisfied with 2 monthly payments then so be it. i will not be. if it was as easy as taking my car to the dealer ship right now for a fix and whala its over, then i would be happy but it is. until there is a fix for the $20k car I just bought my wife, then I need to be compensated until there is. I was under the impression that the brand new car had no issues when it was purchased with 0.00 miles on it. Boy was I wrong. $20k is nothing to VW...it is to me...so they need to look at it from my POV

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 3rd, 2009
      Location
      Lyndhurst, NJ
      Posts
      2,877
      Vehicles
      Frankenturbo Beetle
      08-06-2012 03:42 PM #128
      Quote Originally Posted by jwcardy View Post
      from the company's pov? really? im not trying to argue with you, but no I wont step back. every single 2012 and 2013 beetle is having issues...mine has had the issue from day one and it is frustrating...even more so when i call vw to have the issue addressed because my dealership blows me off and I am told to just cover my door with plastic so it doesnt rain in it. perhaps the only reason vw is working on a fix is because of the uproar here? have you thought about that? i have been told multiple times that there isnt an a fix nor is there a time frame on when it will be fixed. the more i think about it the more pissed i get. if you are satisfied with 2 monthly payments then so be it. i will not be. if it was as easy as taking my car to the dealer ship right now for a fix and whala its over, then i would be happy but it is. until there is a fix for the $20k car I just bought my wife, then I need to be compensated until there is. I was under the impression that the brand new car had no issues when it was purchased with 0.00 miles on it. Boy was I wrong. $20k is nothing to VW...it is to me...so they need to look at it from my POV
      First I'm pretty sure the 2013's are fine, at least from what I've been reading. Number two, absolutely what that dealership told you is unacceptable. They should have never said that, and I would report that to VWoA immediately. I understand your POV believe me, I'm just trying to make you see the other side as well. And this is just a spirited discussion, no arguing here because to be honest none of us know what's really going on. I just know being on the technical side of things, that sometimes it takes months and months to figure one small problem out because you have so many cooks in the kitchen spread throughout the world.

      Last thing buying a brand new car never guarantees a perfect vehicle (That's why warranties and lemon laws exist). That's why you see so many recalls and TSB's. And not to mention the hundreds that don't make it into the media.

      At this point I really think you need to call VWoA and be honest with them. Explain things in a calm manner and I'm sure they will do their best to take care of you. Just don't blow up at them over the phone, that will get you no where, that I promise you.

    4. Member vdub10golf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 22nd, 2010
      Location
      Denver, CO
      Posts
      1,485
      Vehicles
      '15 GTI Autobahn
      08-06-2012 03:55 PM #129
      Quote Originally Posted by drtechy View Post
      That's why VWoA is offering people 2 payments. They offered it to me and 4 days later I had a check in hand. I thought that was more than fair, but my windows are at least going all the way up, even if it takes a couple of tries.
      I only got offered one payment, and it's been awhile since then and I haven't got the check yet. I just got to the point I don't touch my driver window. I go inside instead of drive-thrus and try to avoid it at all costs.

    5. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      Jul 18th, 2012
      Location
      DFW
      Posts
      17
      Vehicles
      2012 Beetle Turbo
      08-06-2012 04:07 PM #130
      Quote Originally Posted by vdub10golf View Post
      I only got offered one payment, and it's been awhile since then and I haven't got the check yet. I just got to the point I don't touch my driver window. I go inside instead of drive-thrus and try to avoid it at all costs.
      Just got off the phone with my case manager...I was told I get NO restitution and that no one is getting any. Guy told me they are months away from a fix, that it's a software glitch and too bad for me.

      I am sick of calling VWoA at this point, no one cares and this is easily the worst experience I've ever had with a car. Case managers never call back, you chase them down and get no answers. My dealer is basically refusing to do anything about it, so I can't file under consumer protection laws.

      I probably did not help my case when my reply to the tenth "We are working very hard to fix this problem, I assure you" was no, you're busy building underwater Beetles for Shark Week. What can I say? I'm beyond angry.

    6. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 3rd, 2009
      Location
      Lyndhurst, NJ
      Posts
      2,877
      Vehicles
      Frankenturbo Beetle
      08-06-2012 04:09 PM #131
      Quote Originally Posted by jenn02 View Post
      Just got off the phone with my case manager...I was told I get NO restitution and that no one is getting any. Guy told me they are months away from a fix, that it's a software glitch and too bad for me.

      I am sick of calling VWoA at this point, no one cares and this is easily the worst experience I've ever had with a car. Case managers never call back, you chase them down and get no answers. My dealer is basically refusing to do anything about it, so I can't file under consumer protection laws.

      I probably did not help my case when my reply to the tenth "We are working very hard to fix this problem, I assure you" was no, you're busy building underwater Beetles for Shark Week. What can I say? I'm beyond angry.
      WoW, i guess there are some bad apples, but dam. I had such a wonderful case manager for mine. And even if your dealership won't do anything you can still be covered under lemon laws.

    7. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      Jul 18th, 2012
      Location
      DFW
      Posts
      17
      Vehicles
      2012 Beetle Turbo
      08-06-2012 04:21 PM #132
      Quote Originally Posted by drtechy View Post
      WoW, i guess there are some bad apples, but dam. I had such a wonderful case manager for mine. And even if your dealership won't do anything you can still be covered under lemon laws.
      When I asked if there was someone else I could talk to, he said no. I asked him if he had a supervisor. Yes, but they would tell me the same thing until I "got out of the call center". When I asked how to do that, he said litigation.

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 3rd, 2009
      Location
      Lyndhurst, NJ
      Posts
      2,877
      Vehicles
      Frankenturbo Beetle
      08-06-2012 04:23 PM #133
      Quote Originally Posted by jenn02 View Post
      When I asked if there was someone else I could talk to, he said no. I asked him if he had a supervisor. Yes, but they would tell me the same thing until I "got out of the call center". When I asked how to do that, he said litigation.
      I would call back and get someone else on the line, that's ridiculous

    9. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      Jul 18th, 2012
      Location
      DFW
      Posts
      17
      Vehicles
      2012 Beetle Turbo
      08-06-2012 04:27 PM #134
      Quote Originally Posted by drtechy View Post
      I would call back and get someone else on the line, that's ridiculous
      This was my 5th call. I'm sure my name/case are flagged in a less than awesome way at this point.

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 22nd, 2012
      Location
      Omaha
      Posts
      390
      Vehicles
      2012 Beetle, 2010 GTI, 2004 s2000
      08-06-2012 04:51 PM #135
      Quote Originally Posted by drtechy View Post
      At this point I really think you need to call VWoA and be honest with them. Explain things in a calm manner and I'm sure they will do their best to take care of you. Just don't blow up at them over the phone, that will get you no where, that I promise you.
      VWoA is who told me to put plastic on my windshield. I was nothing but pleasant up until that point. Im not one to insue confrontation but when pushed or when my niceness is taken advantage of mr hyde comes out for a visit. I did make an apt for wednesday to have the 4 issues we are having to be addressed so they are on record.

    11. Geriatric Member Aonarch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 4th, 2006
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      37,328
      Vehicles
      ATS w/ Gage and Stitching Pack | BMW F650GS | Moto Guzzi V7
      08-06-2012 06:37 PM #136
      I've been waiting on my replacement car a 2012 JSW TDI for a month now... It was supposed to be delivered today, but they will call me by the end of the week with an update? What the hell does that mean? I asked for a time frame so I can work my schedule around picking it up, which I assume with take several hours dealing with paper work, confusion, insurance, lien holder, etc.

      My windows are REALLY REALLY bad now. I had the TSB and new motors put in. Now every single time I try to roll up my window I will get the pinch protection issue, where I will have to fight it for a few minutes to roll up. Reseting the window only reenables auto function, which then gets hit by pinch protection again.

      I am still getting the issue where the window will not synch back up into the seal.

      I also am experiencing the passenger window rolling itself down.

      People here say well VW bought yours back so quit complaining. Issue is I still have to drive the damn thing, and they are over a month late replacing it.

      I also still have 13 other defects, but they are not related to this thread.

      Good luck to all. VW really screwed up big time with these windows.

      Did they knowingly release the B12 with the window issue?
      Butler Tires & Wheels
      HRE | Savini | Lexani | Forgiato | BBS | Rotiform | RBP | Niche | TSW | Lorinser | Fuel | Black Rhino | Dub| Foose | US Mags | American Force | Vossen | Rennen | Beyern | Brambus | OZ | Enkei | Cray | Conventry | Michelin | Pirelli | Toyo | Procomp | H&R | Corsa | Borla | Eibach | Hotchkis | Remus | Akrapovič

    12. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 22nd, 2012
      Location
      Omaha
      Posts
      390
      Vehicles
      2012 Beetle, 2010 GTI, 2004 s2000
      08-06-2012 07:36 PM #137
      Quote Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
      I've been waiting on my replacement car a 2012 JSW TDI for a month now... It was supposed to be delivered today, but they will call me by the end of the week with an update? What the hell does that mean? I asked for a time frame so I can work my schedule around picking it up, which I assume with take several hours dealing with paper work, confusion, insurance, lien holder, etc.

      My windows are REALLY REALLY bad now. I had the TSB and new motors put in. Now every single time I try to roll up my window I will get the pinch protection issue, where I will have to fight it for a few minutes to roll up. Reseting the window only reenables auto function, which then gets hit by pinch protection again.

      I am still getting the issue where the window will not synch back up into the seal.

      I also am experiencing the passenger window rolling itself down.

      People here say well VW bought yours back so quit complaining. Issue is I still have to drive the damn thing, and they are over a month late replacing it.

      I also still have 13 other defects, but they are not related to this thread.

      Good luck to all. VW really screwed up big time with these windows.

      Did they knowingly release the B12 with the window issue?
      So did they actually buy yours back or is that what they are telling you they are going to do once the car they promised you is delivered? Could they be putting you off with delivering your car in hopes that the window fix will come out and pull a "oh hey we can fix all the issues on your car now so we arent going to buy it back".

    13. Geriatric Member Aonarch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 4th, 2006
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      37,328
      Vehicles
      ATS w/ Gage and Stitching Pack | BMW F650GS | Moto Guzzi V7
      08-06-2012 08:17 PM #138
      Quote Originally Posted by jwcardy View Post
      So did they actually buy yours back or is that what they are telling you they are going to do once the car they promised you is delivered? Could they be putting you off with delivering your car in hopes that the window fix will come out and pull a "oh hey we can fix all the issues on your car now so we arent going to buy it back".
      They have already swapped vins with my lien holder, so they better deliver. Not sure why they are so late though, my guess is they are just unorganized.
      Butler Tires & Wheels
      HRE | Savini | Lexani | Forgiato | BBS | Rotiform | RBP | Niche | TSW | Lorinser | Fuel | Black Rhino | Dub| Foose | US Mags | American Force | Vossen | Rennen | Beyern | Brambus | OZ | Enkei | Cray | Conventry | Michelin | Pirelli | Toyo | Procomp | H&R | Corsa | Borla | Eibach | Hotchkis | Remus | Akrapovič

    14. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 22nd, 2012
      Location
      Omaha
      Posts
      390
      Vehicles
      2012 Beetle, 2010 GTI, 2004 s2000
      08-06-2012 09:07 PM #139
      then a congrats are in order

    15. Member eunos94's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 17th, 2002
      Location
      Northeast Ohio
      Posts
      7,088
      Vehicles
      Yellow 1970 Beetle & Yellow Rush 2012 Beetle 2.5L Tiptronic
      08-07-2012 01:52 AM #140
      I came out yesterday morning (not that kind of coming out) to find both my windows down and a wet interior. Getting really really pissed off now.
      ■■■■■■■■■■■■

    16. Geriatric Member Aonarch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 4th, 2006
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      37,328
      Vehicles
      ATS w/ Gage and Stitching Pack | BMW F650GS | Moto Guzzi V7
      08-07-2012 10:17 AM #141
      Quote Originally Posted by eunos94 View Post
      I came out yesterday morning (not that kind of coming out) to find both my windows down and a wet interior. Getting really really pissed off now.
      that is what my car did all the time. Every single night I would double check my windows. During rain storms I would go out to check them as well. Some times there was a gap in the frame and the window so the interior got a bit wet, but three times my passenger window was completely down and my interior was soaked. I then had electrical damage, and ghost issues like my flashing seat belt light, horn issues, door lock issues, alarm issues, etc. That was my last straw.
      Butler Tires & Wheels
      HRE | Savini | Lexani | Forgiato | BBS | Rotiform | RBP | Niche | TSW | Lorinser | Fuel | Black Rhino | Dub| Foose | US Mags | American Force | Vossen | Rennen | Beyern | Brambus | OZ | Enkei | Cray | Conventry | Michelin | Pirelli | Toyo | Procomp | H&R | Corsa | Borla | Eibach | Hotchkis | Remus | Akrapovič

    17. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      Jul 18th, 2012
      Location
      DFW
      Posts
      17
      Vehicles
      2012 Beetle Turbo
      08-07-2012 12:31 PM #142
      Quote Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
      that is what my car did all the time. Every single night I would double check my windows. During rain storms I would go out to check them as well. Some times there was a gap in the frame and the window so the interior got a bit wet, but three times my passenger window was completely down and my interior was soaked. I then had electrical damage, and ghost issues like my flashing seat belt light, horn issues, door lock issues, alarm issues, etc. That was my last straw.
      Well that's why we're supposed to put the plastic on the windows! They're giving us options...just awful ones.

    18. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 21st, 2002
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      808
      Vehicles
      2001/Rave Green GTi, 2012 Beetle
      08-07-2012 01:50 PM #143
      Quote Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
      that is what my car did all the time. Every single night I would double check my windows. During rain storms I would go out to check them as well. Some times there was a gap in the frame and the window so the interior got a bit wet, but three times my passenger window was completely down and my interior was soaked. I then had electrical damage, and ghost issues like my flashing seat belt light, horn issues, door lock issues, alarm issues, etc. That was my last straw.
      Awful! I think VW should really stop selling these Beetles for now until they're fixed. They're selling something to the public that knowingly will malfunction.
      Revo Stage2 | 4 Bar FPR | GHL Downpipe | Milltek Catback Exhaust | Forge 007 DV | Neuspeed P-Flo | Neuspeed Turbo Inlet Pipe | Neuspeed Short Shift Link | Eibach Pro Kits | Koni Sport Yellows | 25the AE body Kit | 25th AE Aluminum trim | BBS RCs | Pwrhaus SMIC

    19. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 3rd, 2009
      Location
      Lyndhurst, NJ
      Posts
      2,877
      Vehicles
      Frankenturbo Beetle
      08-07-2012 01:52 PM #144
      Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
      They're selling something to the public that knowingly will malfunction.
      Happens all the time, and not just with cars.

    20. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 21st, 2002
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      808
      Vehicles
      2001/Rave Green GTi, 2012 Beetle
      08-07-2012 02:01 PM #145
      Quote Originally Posted by drtechy View Post
      Happens all the time, and not just with cars.
      Sure. It doesn't make it ok.
      Revo Stage2 | 4 Bar FPR | GHL Downpipe | Milltek Catback Exhaust | Forge 007 DV | Neuspeed P-Flo | Neuspeed Turbo Inlet Pipe | Neuspeed Short Shift Link | Eibach Pro Kits | Koni Sport Yellows | 25the AE body Kit | 25th AE Aluminum trim | BBS RCs | Pwrhaus SMIC

    21. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 3rd, 2009
      Location
      Lyndhurst, NJ
      Posts
      2,877
      Vehicles
      Frankenturbo Beetle
      08-07-2012 02:04 PM #146
      Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
      Sure. It doesn't make it ok.
      bitching on a forum doesn't make it ok either LMAO just playin

    22. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 21st, 2002
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      808
      Vehicles
      2001/Rave Green GTi, 2012 Beetle
      08-07-2012 02:14 PM #147
      Quote Originally Posted by drtechy View Post
      bitching on a forum doesn't make it ok either LMAO just playin
      Bitching here might. VW peeks in here.
      Revo Stage2 | 4 Bar FPR | GHL Downpipe | Milltek Catback Exhaust | Forge 007 DV | Neuspeed P-Flo | Neuspeed Turbo Inlet Pipe | Neuspeed Short Shift Link | Eibach Pro Kits | Koni Sport Yellows | 25the AE body Kit | 25th AE Aluminum trim | BBS RCs | Pwrhaus SMIC

    23. Member cbugrun's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 14th, 2012
      Location
      Dacula, Georgia
      Posts
      187
      Vehicles
      2012 Beetle Turbo /2011 Boxster Spyder
      08-07-2012 02:21 PM #148
      Stopped by my dealer today and spoke to the Service Manager to see if there was anything new from Volkswagen on a fix for the windows. He said there was not. Ask him if Volkswagen has corrected the problem in the 2013 models and he said not to his knowledge. Let's hear from any 2013 owners about their experience.
      2012 Beetle Turbo/Platinum Grey Metallic
      Gloss Black Racing Stripes/Turbo Side Stripe
      Sunroof/Premium Fender Sound System
      Carbonio Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake Stage II
      APR Stage 1 ECU Tune/Rear Deck APR badging

    24. 08-07-2012 09:45 PM #149
      My window will not stay up. It's already been rained on once. It's an unacceptable issue to have a window that won't shut and there is NO FIX.

      I'm returning my beetle and getting a GTI. I love how the 2012 Beetle drives and looks and it's disappointing. oh well.

      I hope the 2013 Beetles don't have this problem.

      I think it's pretty crappy of VW to continue selling this car.

    25. n00b
      Join Date
      Aug 8th, 2012
      Posts
      1
      Vehicles
      2012 Beetle Turbo
      08-08-2012 02:37 AM #150
      Hello everybody,

      I just had my beetle turbo today, the window seems to work well for the moment.
      But I know exactly what this problem looks like and how terrible it can be, my parents bought a brand new Golf Cabrio in 2000 and they kept it for a verry long time, the only problem they had on it was the exact same window problem, they tried many times to fix it and it worked for months but after then, the same problem again and again.
      I wish this could help because I think this window problem is known for a long time. Maybe VW just don't perform in window systems.

    Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •