Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 1990-G60-VR6-TURBO.-Shaved-bay.-2pc-wheels.-VRT-VR6T-MUST-SEEEEEEEEEEE!

1. 08-02-2012 11:26 PM #1
      NEW PRICE. $6300. Firm.

Where to start...

1990 VW Corrado G60 body with 84k ORIGINAL MILES. No rust at all.

OBD2 VR6 from a 1997 Passat with 94k mated to the g60 transaxle.

Fully shaved bay with full wire tuck and battery relocation. Custom painted Satin gold to match the wheels.
      Rain tray delete. All holes welded and I modified the Passat engine harness to only pass through the firewall in one location. Very clean.

Custom motor mounts to keep the g60 hood with the vr6 motor. NOT MANY PEOPLE HAVE DONE THIS, I ALWAYS HATED the bubble on the SLC hood.

Interior:
      84k miles all original interior...NEAR MINT, one cigarette burn on passenger seat and the bolster on the drivers seat shows wear.
      AEM boost gauge
      Battery relocated to the trunk with vented battery box.
      VERY RARE leather MOMO steering wheel with VW logo horn.
      SUPER CLEAN.

Exterior:
      Very clean. Paint cleans up great and there is no rust. No dents or scratches, there are a few scuffs in the front bumper and the pinch weld has been creased on the drivers side for about 4"...like some retard jacked it up.

Wheels/suspension
      Super rare ETOILLE/GOTTI J55B 2pc splits (Porsche turbo 944 ONE YEAR '89) All brand new stainless hardware and custom paint matched centers.
      16x7.5 et 15 in the front
      16x9.5 et 5 in the rear
      205 40 16 Falken zx512's
      New poly bushings on coilovers and control arms

Rokkor coilovers. They ride way beyond my expectations...really happy with them.

THE FUN STUFF

Under the hood:
      Fully polished aluminum valve cover
      MMP short runner intake fully polished; (Momentum Performance) bet you can't find another!!!
      MMP stainless steel fuel rail with 3.5fpr; (Momentum Performance) bet you can't find another!!!
      ATP stainless steel heat shield for turbo manifold
      OBD2 port installed for VAG-COM

Kinetic t3/t4 .60 trim turbo with polished cold side. No shaft play or noises.
      3" custom stainless downpipe with bungs for o2 and wideband. Also V-band for easy removal/adjustments.
      Forge diverter (piston) valve
      Kinetic oil feed and return lines
      4" MAF housing (included not installed)
      NGK BKR7E spark plugs
      Bosch 30# injectors
      C2 30# OBD2 software
      AEM boost gauge
      10" slim fans
      Wastegate has 8lb spring installed...comes with 10 and 12 or add boost controller.
      Custom stainless steel open dump tube. YOU HAVE TO HEAR THIS CAR UNDER BOOST...Videos below.
      2-1/2" Brospeed full stainless cat-back
      Cat deleted

3" electric exhaust dump. Open downpipe VR's sound unreal...and with the option to be super quiet with the push of a button it's a win win.

New brake booster
      New master cylinder
      New brake pads
      Newer coilpack
      New NGK BRK7e plugs
      New Bosch plug wires
      New 10" slim radiator fans
      New driveaxles
      New throttle body
      New MAF
      So many new parts I can't even remember.

This car is stupid fast. It's right around 280-300hp and the sound that comes from this car..well...you need to hear it. I walked HARD on an SS Camaro on the highway. The one and only time I ever drove it in the upper RPM's and it was SCARY.

EASILY GET 350+ with this current setup with added intercooler (I didn't want clutter in my shaved bay) and a boost controller.

Shifts tight and smooth and zero clutch slippage.

WHAT IT NEEDS TO BE 100%

Needs headlight/signal/parking light bulbs installed.
      Needs an authentic hood release cable or a better DIY. My current setup works ok.
      A wideband should be installed.
      Passenger side window won't go down. I think the track is frozen, the solenoid does click.
      Grill has a cracked bar
      Needs rear badges
      Needs bottom windshield trim

I've driven this car all over. It does great and has never given me a problem. I've only put 800 miles on it so it is relatively untested for long hauls but I'm old and not as adventures as I used to be.

Open to trades I guess. No MKIV and no MK3. I REALLY REALLY WANT A 635csi.

Contact info:
      Nick
      Email thetreehouseguy@yahoo.com
      Text 518 26o 496two

Asking price .... ..... 7k? I have double that into it...no idea what to ask, opinions are valued.

Hundreds and hundreds of pics from day 1 of the build.

VIDEOS TO FOLLOW.
      Last edited by MadWabbit; 08-18-2012 at 10:06 AM.

2. 08-02-2012 11:27 PM #2
      Video added. Wear headphones or hook up to real speakers.

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/e...t=028761d2.mp4

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/e...t=05edfd9e.mp4

This video below you can hear the electric cutout open, about 3 seconds into the video. Goes from under the radar...to instaticket!!

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/e...t=7f2549dd.mp4

3. 08-04-2012 12:12 PM #3
      Fixing hood release and front lighting today. Price will be FIRM AS **** when I'm done fixing the few little things I listed.

Trade or cash offers being accepted. I've generated some interest and will be setting up appointments for viewing next week.

Thanks.

4. 08-06-2012 09:00 PM #4
      Interior:

5. 08-09-2012 09:31 PM #5
      Need this car out of here to make room for the new one.

Trade offers (although VERY tempting) are off the table.

Need cash for rims and bags.

MAKE OFFERS. Don't waste my time if you are not going to commit.

6. 08-12-2012 08:25 PM #6
      Pmed

7. 08-18-2012 10:06 AM #7
      NEW PRICE better bring serious buyers....$6300. Firm. Not accepting less. I'm only lowering price for quick sale.

Not one person has followed through yet.

8. 09-02-2012 07:31 AM #8
      Last bump before I remove ad and keep the car.

STILL not one person has followed through and seen the car.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      1996 bmw 328i , 2001 bmw 330ci , 2001 rave green 1.8t Gti
      09-12-2012 02:15 AM #9
      If ur interested im not really selling it persay but im poking around ! If ur interested in trading im the second owner of the car and i bought it off of a vw dealership a year and a half ago after the original owner old man passed away and the car was traded in with 39k original miles i bought it and have been driving and doing little odds and ends since such as new raceland ultimo coilover kit, full black leather r32 seats front and rear, water pump, coilpacks, rai dogbone tranny mount and new side engine mounts, ne front control arms and bushings, new metal audi tt skidplate from ecs tuning, steering wheel mounted new south performance boost gauge and i have a set of brand new 18 inch miro 111 wheels that are silver and without tires in my house for the car which is rave green in color which is pretty hard to come by these days ! If interested my name is chris and heres my number 347-993-6144 and i live on longisland in newyork

10. 09-21-2012 09:51 PM #10
      Off the market. I'm keeping this bitch!

11. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2004 wrx running on hopes and dreams
      05-28-2013 10:21 AM #11
      Trade for a wrx?