Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What are some bizarre, fascinating and/or disturbing truth's do you think about?

Vehicles
      335i | zx6r
      08-04-2012 02:29 PM #71
      Where babies come from.

Vehicles
      i've a horse outside.
      08-04-2012 02:41 PM #72
      There's this guy i know, he's about 52 years old.

He's married to this smoking hot 34 year old.

He was her drama teacher at her high school.

They married when she was a sophomore in college.

He's a pretty laid back guy; real interesting to talk to. Twisted sense of humor.

She's a royal pain in the arse. Total bitch, by most accounts. Sort of a princess that needs to have everything her way immediately type.

I often wondered how the hell that relationship even worked; mostly because he doesn't seem like the type to want to deal with people like her.

Then i found out something about him that i didn't know for YEARS: he's got a handicap. My boy is mostly deaf.

He does a great job of reading lips in conjuction with the super stealth hearing aids he wears.

So now, i've pretty much made up my mind that the man is genius.

he's basically plowing a smoking hot chick that's 18 years his junior, with the added benefit that he doesn't have to listen to her.

I often wonder if maybe that's the solution to every man's problem....
      shut your mouth. sh sh shut your mouth.

Vehicles
      98 Volvo V70 (Indigo Montoya) mk2 Jetta (the other woman)
      08-04-2012 02:42 PM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by 1.8Tquattro View Post
      I find myself wondering what color her underpants might be. Her panties. Uh, odds are they are probably basic white, cotton, underpants. But I sort of think, well, maybe they're silk panties, maybe it's a thong. Maybe it's something really cool that I don't even know about. You know.

Vehicles
      Why don't you take a seat over there
      08-04-2012 02:47 PM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by hrama803 View Post
      Where babies come from.
      Vagina. It's what's for dinner
      Sent on a Post-It by way of carrier pigeon

Vehicles
      Hondas, regular and extra-pricey
      08-04-2012 02:57 PM #75
      Grandpa Manilow: You know what your problem is? Your all brains... not enough c0ck and balls!

Vehicles
      1994/VW/JETTA/GLX 2014/Ford/FIESTA ST
      08-06-2012 04:39 PM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by DubRubbin View Post
      Here's one that gets me sometimes. Just a thought. But Think how the new mars rover is about to land for a minute. We humans always send robots before we send ourselves. Now it may sound crazy but in my opinion the human race is the perfect robots that we could never build. You send two, self aware humans to a planet you want to inhabit and they will reproduce without any influence from who sent them as well as having the ability to evolve and adapt to their needs. I believe that we are the offspring of another colony that sent us, or people like us here thousands of years ago to evolve and to continue the legacy of their colony. I mean seriously we are so undeniably engineered its scary. Our brains are like computers that we can't build, we will certainly try, but are yet to be successful. I just think that if we wanted to colonize a new planet with little to no input from the people on earth that we couldn't figure out and build a better system than what we have on this planet now. We can reproduce on a huge quantity with hardly any resources, we can build ourselves and that is the key to colonizing any habitat IMO. just something I think about, I don't think aliens will be like us, I think we are like them. At least the ones that are responsible for intelligent life on earth.
      Sounds a lot like the Adam and Eve biblical sotry, not trying to get biblical or forcing my beliefs, but from what I've read in there it mentions that we where made in his form. So I do beleive that there is a more advance race that looks like us, but more advanced. Time travel somehow was show to the aposotle john, I don't know if that was supernatural, but you can't help but wonder about time travel since he saw many hundreds of years into the future. I've always wondered about all the stuff in Revelations, it was all shocking to read when I was younger.

I also used to think when I was younger about if there was a previous race of humans created before our current race, but on the same planet. The reason I thought this was becasue of what I had read in genesis that the earth was without form. So I always thought that our earth was once different than it it today at one time, but somehow it was all destroyed or just died off since all planets die eventually.
      VRSociety #293

08-06-2012 04:41 PM #77
      Seriously, you guys think it's possible to build a civilization from two people?
      Garmin Is My Pilot.

I am confident you are wrong, but instead of illustrating why, I will just make disparaging remarks about your reading comprehension.
      -Zukjimpiphile

Vehicles
      2010 jetta tdi
      08-06-2012 04:45 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by barry2952 View Post
      Seriously, you guys think it's possible to build a civilization from two people?
      mind=blown.
      where did the off-colored ones come from?!?!?!?!

9. 08-06-2012 04:47 PM #79
      LOL so true. need a few hundred or thousand for a healthy gene pool.

creation stories amaze me. It's hard to believe that people actually think they are true. They are so completely crazy it's hard to fathom.

08-06-2012 04:48 PM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by TurboZen View Post
      LOL so true. need a few hundred or thousand for a healthy gene pool.

creation stories amaze me. It's hard to believe that people actually think they are true. They are so completely crazy it's hard to fathom.
      Waiting for JIMP to JUMP in.
      Garmin Is My Pilot.

I am confident you are wrong, but instead of illustrating why, I will just make disparaging remarks about your reading comprehension.
      -Zukjimpiphile

Vehicles
      1994 Honda Prelude V-TAK
      08-06-2012 04:49 PM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by VR6 GLX Man View Post
      Sounds a lot like the Adam and Eve biblical sotry, not trying to get biblical or forcing my beliefs, but from what I've read in there it mentions that we where made in his form. So I do beleive that there is a more advance race that looks like us, but more advanced. Time travel somehow was show to the aposotle john, I don't know if that was supernatural, but you can't help but wonder about time travel since he saw many hundreds of years into the future. I've always wondered about all the stuff in Revelations, it was all shocking to read when I was younger.

I also used to think when I was younger about if there was a previous race of humans created before our current race, but on the same planet. The reason I thought this was becasue of what I had read in genesis that the earth was without form. So I always thought that our earth was once different than it it today at one time, but somehow it was all destroyed or just died off since all planets die eventually.
      I highly, highly doubt that.

Vehicles
      1994/VW/JETTA/GLX 2014/Ford/FIESTA ST
      08-06-2012 04:55 PM #82
      Well I was 12 when I thought of that stuff. Just wanted to share old thoughts.
      VRSociety #293

13. 08-06-2012 05:17 PM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by VR6 GLX Man View Post
      Well I was 12 when I thought of that stuff. Just wanted to share old thoughts.
      For that age, that sounds normal.

08-06-2012 05:22 PM #84
      Quote Originally Posted by TurboZen View Post
      For that age, that sounds normal.
      For an adult..............................

Fantasy Land.
      Garmin Is My Pilot.

-Zukjimpiphile

Vehicles
      335i | zx6r
      08-06-2012 05:41 PM #85
      Quote Originally Posted by White Jetta View Post
      Vagina. It's what's for dinner

16. 08-06-2012 09:30 PM #86
      Lately I've been getting back to my old self thinking about death and life after, if there is any such thing. Do you think we'll ever come back to this planet or another Earth and have the same life? Life is cruel, your born and then you die, and then what? Everything you have loved and owned will be gone. I was quite scared of dying for a few years, it has gone away for awhile but now its coming back again.

08-06-2012 09:39 PM #87
      We are all basic biological beings. We are born, we live, we die, the earth reclaims us. That's all there is. Enjoy life now.
      Garmin Is My Pilot.

-Zukjimpiphile

18. 08-06-2012 10:41 PM #88
      Quote Originally Posted by Orzel Bialy View Post
      Lately I've been getting back to my old self thinking about death and life after, if there is any such thing. Do you think we'll ever come back to this planet or another Earth and have the same life? Life is cruel, your born and then you die, and then what? Everything you have loved and owned will be gone. I was quite scared of dying for a few years, it has gone away for awhile but now its coming back again.

Last edited by TASVW; 08-06-2012 at 11:26 PM.

08-06-2012 11:24 PM #89
      Quote Originally Posted by TwoLitreVW View Post

I often wonder if maybe that's the solution to every man's problem....
      Yes 100%

Vehicles
      1994 Honda Prelude V-TAK
      08-07-2012 12:11 AM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by TASVW View Post
      thanks for this..i've only see the Chapter 1 God is in the Neurons..didn't see Chapter 2

21. 08-07-2012 12:40 PM #91
      No but that also wasn't the point of what I was saying. The number is irrelevant IMO. I was just using it as a point of reference. Besides it was just a thought.

08-07-2012 12:52 PM #92
      How can the number be irrelevant?
      Garmin Is My Pilot.

-Zukjimpiphile

23. Member
      08-07-2012 12:54 PM #93

24. Member
      Vehicles
      00 Prelude SH, 08 CR-V AWD, 92 NSX Coupe
      08-07-2012 12:55 PM #94
      I came to terms a decade ago that there is no life after death. It's true, after you die, everything is gone, for the rest of eternity.

IMO that's what makes life so beautiful. We are a freak of nature and only get one shot.

Another thing I think about is just how insignificant we really are in the grand scheme of things... I look around the world and see how petty everyone is. People fight about the dumbest things. And in the end, it's for nothing.

25. Member
      08-07-2012 12:57 PM #95
      Quote Originally Posted by phryxis View Post
      I came to terms a decade ago that there is no life after death. It's true, after you die, everything is gone, for the rest of eternity.

IMO that's what makes life so beautiful. We are a freak of nature and only get one shot.

Another thing I think about is just how insignificant we really are in the grand scheme of things... I look around the world and see how petty everyone is. People fight about the dumbest things. And in the end, it's for nothing.

Vehicles
      E46 330ci and Bikes.
      08-07-2012 01:10 PM #96
      I sincerely do not believe that death is the end of life. Everything is a cycle.
      No Signature. Only Krav Khalash.

27. Member
      08-07-2012 01:11 PM #97
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      I sincerely do not believe that death is the end of life. Everything is a cycle.
      How about death for your conscious then?

28. 08-07-2012 01:13 PM #98

These explanations make me want to quit my job, take my savings and travel with not a care in the world.

Vehicles
      i've a horse outside.
      08-07-2012 01:15 PM #99
      How can the number be irrelevant?
      seriously.

the number is COMPLETELY relevant.

if you start with 2, that means the next round of offspring MUST be as a result of either father/daughter, or brother/sister copulating.

that's incest.

and it leads to genetic deformities.

creationists don't see a problem with this?
      shut your mouth. sh sh shut your mouth.

Vehicles
      E46 330ci and Bikes.
      08-07-2012 01:17 PM #100
      Quote Originally Posted by EGSEDAN View Post
      How about death for your conscious then?
      I believe that passes on into the universe. Maybe to another person, maybe to another life form. But I don't think the intangibles of being human and conscious just simply disappear when the vessel dies.

31. Member
      Vehicles
      08-07-2012 01:25 PM #101
      I believe that passes on into the universe. Maybe to another person, maybe to another life form. But I don't think the intangibles of being human and conscious just simply disappear when the vessel dies.
      So then you believe in a 'soul', and I was just thinking, what makes us so much more special than a monkey? I truly believe we are descendants from monkeys, but what separates us from monkeys? People would say it's because we have souls. But what is a soul, other than something humans made up to attribute our incredible intelligence? We are cognizant, so we must have souls. But what about monkeys? Why do people think we are so special, that we would have a soul, and a monkey does not? To me it's simple human arrogance that we are somehow more special than all of the other animals that live on this planet.

32. Member
      Vehicles
      08-07-2012 01:25 PM #102
      These explanations make me want to quit my job, take my savings and travel with not a care in the world.
      Doesn't sound like a bad decision

Vehicles
      2010 jetta tdi
      08-07-2012 01:29 PM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by TwoLitreVW View Post
      that's incest.

and it leads to genetic deformities.

creationists don't see a problem with this?
      not usually.

So then you believe in a 'soul', and I was just thinking, what makes us so much more special than a monkey? I truly believe we are descendants from monkeys, but what separates us from monkeys? People would say it's because we have souls. But what is a soul, other than something humans made up to attribute our incredible intelligence? We are cognizant, so we must have souls. But what about monkeys? Why do people think we are so special, that we would have a soul, and a monkey does not? To me it's simple human arrogance that we are somehow more special than all of the other animals that live on this planet.
      As much as i hate and don't believe in religion, I think it's safe to say that most people have faith and believe in the afterlife. And they always have. Probably always will.
      I've always wondered why...

Vehicles
      E46 330ci and Bikes.
      08-07-2012 01:34 PM #104
      So then you believe in a 'soul'
      Not in the traditional sense. I believe more in "anatma" or "anathema". Basically the unchanging and unending intangible part of an individual. Not that we all have a "soul" but all of us have something.

To me it's simple human arrogance that we are somehow more special than all of the other animals that live on this planet.
      Well. We are special. In very good and very bad ways. As a whole I think we've really f**ked this planet over by what we've done. But we've also accomplished some amazing things. But I certainly don't think humans are above any type of animals. We're just a different type of animal.

08-07-2012 01:37 PM #105

Well. We are special. In very good and very bad ways. As a whole I think we've really f**ked this planet over by what we've done. But we've also accomplished some amazing things. But I certainly don't think humans are above any type of animals. We're just a different type of animal.
      Exactly.
      Garmin Is My Pilot.

-Zukjimpiphile

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast