Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Keep Your Pipes Clean

Vehicles
      2012 GLI
      08-03-2012 07:32 AM #1
      Over time everyone's exhaust tips get grimy and coated. The carbon buildup and discoloration start to settle in. So I grabbed one of my favorite products for cleaning them up Mother's Metal Polish. I get the paste that comes in the small can and get great results. Easy to apply with a rage and no need to let dry. Keep working the product until you start to see some discoloration in the paste and then turn to a dry part of the towel and buff out.

2. 08-04-2012 12:31 AM #2
      How long had it been since you last cleaned the tips? I have similar tips on my A3, and usually have to use an APC with a lot of elbow grease to make a dent in the grime along with 0000 steel wool. Then I finish up with session of Optimum Metal Polish.

If you're getting this sort of result with just one step, I will definitely consider adding the mother's metal polish to my arsenal.

Great job!

08-04-2012 04:01 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Rohit29 View Post
      How long had it been since you last cleaned the tips? I have similar tips on my A3, and usually have to use an APC with a lot of elbow grease to make a dent in the grime along with 0000 steel wool. Then I finish up with session of Optimum Metal Polish.

If you're getting this sort of result with just one step, I will definitely consider adding the mother's metal polish to my arsenal.

Great job!
      Are you Indian? Are you Rohit from Kal Ho Na Ho?

****ing love that movie!

Mother's Mag and Aluminum provides great results!

4. 08-05-2012 04:36 PM #4
      No Im not that Rohit, Im from Canada, glad to hear you enjoy Indian movies
      Cheers!