VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

FT/FS: 1977 Yamaha xs650 Cafe Racer show bike.

10K views 30 replies 6 participants last post by  jpr 
#1 · (Edited)
SOLD to the new owner.

See less See more
#8 ·
(bike had just over 4000 miles when rebuilt) - every bolt on the bike is stainless steel allen head - twin Mikuni carbs with K&N filters - bike was stripped to the bare frame and all unnecessary tabs were ground off - frame painted silver and all bodywork painted white - gas tank is from a Honda CB 550 and the seat is from Omar's - seat has been modified to make room for the tail light - seat cushion was redone with firm padding - custom fit polished aluminum side covers - twin disc front end - polished aluminum shouldered rims - mini tach and speedometer gauges - turn signals front and rear - powder coated black clubman bars with Napoleon bar end mirror
Bike is kick start only - starts easily and runs very strong - short reverse cone megaphone mufflers sound great - these bikes are oil tight and bullet proof
Too many little details to list everything - must see to fully appreciate
Bike was originally set up as a street tracker - frame still has mounting points for high mount exhaust if you ever wanted to go that route - clean title in hand

#10 ·
temporary price drop to $4,000 cash picked up asap.

Found a truck I need.

truck sold :( . price back up to $4500 or trade for ANYTHING i might like. no projects, just something that is ready to play with.

boats, guns, snowmobile, trucks, cars, 5.0, crx, f250, dually, wrangler, landrover, jet ski, money, pre 63 aircooled vw, home theater, etc....

#18 ·
I've got an 84 Diesel Rabbit 2 door. I've never put it up for sale, but have considered selling it lately (its getting harder and harder to manage my fleet).

Its a daily driver in the summer. Never seen road salt. I drove it back from California a couple years ago. Not a show car, but I'd hop in it right now and drive it anywhere. Plus, with the diesel motor, i get over 40 mpg.

I could tell you more, just let me know if you're interested.

Thanks!

#23 ·
tax time special $4000 obo.

spend your tax returns here, piss off your wife, fiance, girlfriend, mother in law and live a little on the wild side with this awesome cafe racer.

next bump will be closer to nice weather. shes just sitting in the corner of my garage ready to go.

#25 · (Edited)
$4,000 obo. Don't be caught this season again without a ride.

Entertaining tire kickers in person. Must see to really appreciate. Sorry no test rides, not enough insurance in the world to replace the bike if you wreck it. I will let you sit on it while its running and twist the throttle a couple times :p

Get ahold of me by text or email 815-280-three tree five nine

#30 ·
I have the bike on craigslist for 3900 getting tons of interest.

I just went out to the garage and took some more pictures. My cellphone camera doesn't do this bike an ounce of justice but they are pictures i just took 11:30am 5/22/13

The bike has been sitting and hasn't been started or ran or anything since last summer and it wasn't even rode much then. My shoes were wet since its raining outside and my foot slipped on the first kick and the bike fired right up on the second kick.

Couple of very small paint chips here and there nothing bad at all.

side of the seat where your leg goes

side of the tank where the throttle cable hit from turning too sharp.

top of the fender between the forks. dont even know how this one happened.

front right side of the fender

melted part of my boot one day on the pipe next to the peg. this will come right off.

949 miles on the rebuild. I put 63 miles on it last year going to the bank and the sandwich shop and through town a couple times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.