VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Are Vw fanboys really that ignorant?

24K views 106 replies 58 participants last post by  roadtripper 
#1 ·
So i commented about how my car is having so much trouble, my electric power steering goes out almost every day and my airbag light just started flickering ...so i get comments like this

precisely that, which model do you have because do not recollect an electric power-steering ever being installed on a VW, power-steering is hydraulic which uses fluids and pressure you know, and airbag light flickering is probably a bad ground which is usually caused by people never cleaning out their engine bay, spilling **** inside their car or flood damage. just go and admire the cars that you like, stop trying to diss VW and due to inability to figure out a piece of real engineering."

"the things you call problems are actually symptoms that there is major problem within your car. aka You!"

"you don't belong here. leave this for the VW enthusiasts."

:what::what::banghead::banghead:

#3 ·
So i commented about how my car is having so much trouble, my electric power steering goes out almost every day and my airbag light just started flickering ...so i get comments like this

Didn't you expect this buying a VW?

I talk to shops across the nation every day, their bread and butter profit for independent mechanics is VW/AUDI work.

I thought the fanboiz would have had full disclosure on this. :laugh::laugh:

#5 ·
airbag light flickering is probably a bad ground which is usually caused by people never cleaning out their engine bay, spilling **** inside their car or flood damage. just go and admire the cars that you like, stop trying to diss VW and due to inability to figure out a piece of real engineering."
Do these people seriously believe this BS?

#6 ·

#15 ·
MK5 do have assisted Power steering; it has en electric servo.

Check engine light actually flickering or flashing? Flashing is normal for trouble codes or faults that occur for very small periods of time (i have those under W.O.T. fuel cuts). Flickering is not normal, and its definetly an electrical problem.

And yes, im kind of a VW Fanboy...lol :p

#17 ·
At least the steering light isn't flashing, that's an easy fix on a MKV, yes I called out the model. yay :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Flashing CEL, VCDS it, don't look back. Or go to the dealer for a bazillion dollar diag charge, even under warranty, lol lol lol.

VW is the best these days..... NOT. You even get techs that try to find where you are going for lunch and make threats to you for stating the OBVIOUS FACTS.

O-M, Little Rock

#22 ·
you most likely need a new rack, your definitely right about the connector being corroded, every time it shorts itll take out the can bus giving you all sorts of weird sporadic faults. the rack really isnt that hard to replace IFyou have access to a hoist, it just costs a million dollars.

to be honest, about the fanboy comment, yes the vw scene has alot of ignorant people but dumb people that think they know all there is to know about cars exist in every brand based scene.

#27 ·
Poor baby, somebody didnt like him on the internet. Move a long...

On TCL, you have people who go out of they way to defend VW, but there is majority who will go out of their way to bash VW. Just how TCL is.

The typical answer you get comes from not fanboism, but from lack of knowledge.

#32 ·
News at 11, Fanatical people fanatically standing up for the thing they are fanatic about.

The same thing could be said for "X" sports team fans, or really anything that has a following. There's always going to be a bunch who will be defensive no matter what you say.

You want to talk shop to someone about VWs in real world terms? Talk to a VAG Mechanic. You don't walk into Fenway park and start bitching about the Red Sox and expect an unbiased response right? :laugh:

#33 ·
VW guy here...I had lots of things done to mine and its "semi-stanced" or what I call tasteful :)

I get nothing but bad comments from them ON HERE and I can count on one hand how many VW friends I have. I dislike them, a lot.

#42 ·
Honda isn't meant for the Autobahn, VW is. Nuff said.

#46 ·
To answer your question, Yes, they are. I find something daily or near daily that makes me want to sell my VW just to break association with some people.

Good luck with those issues, I just had to change out my steering rack on mine. I would say not so bad for 11 years old. :beer:

#47 ·
yes, VW fanboys are that ignorant. but you sir are a prime example of a perfect enlightened individual. Just like a perfect enlightened individual would, you came here to post a thread about someone telling you 'to go **** yourself(basically)' over the internet. good job

i wish there were more individuals like you:rolleyes::rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.