Up for sale/trade is my 2004.5 6 speed Platinum Gray GLI with bags (ECS manual kit). I will update this tomorrow with more details. 88k on the clock, engine rebuilt at 68k (have all receipts for this, done professionally by DonohooAuto in Birmingham, AL). Great condition. Located in Auburn, AL. Looking to sell ASAP!
I bought the car in November of 2007 from DonohooAuto in Birmingham, AL with 41k on the clock. Waterpump went out on me right at 49k miles and was replaced under warranty with a metal impeller unit at Royal VW in Birmingham, AL, as well as having the oil return line for the turbo replaced and the rear window regasketed (was leaking slightly). I have all receipts for the work performed at this time.
Had no other problems with the car until 68k miles when the timing belt tensioner failed. DonohooAuto rebuilt the engine (head was resurfaced professionally) at this time. I have all receipts for the work. The car now has 88k on it and the engine is flawless. I've been using German Castrol (0W30) in the engine since it was rebuilt every 5,000-6,000 miles. I will be changing the oil this week (7/30/12).
Mod List (will update if I forgot something, but this is the majority of it):
ECS Airlift Bag Kit w/ Manual Management
TT/R32 Rear LCA Bushings
Polyurethane Front LCA Bushings
APR Stage II Software w/ 91, 93, 100 Octane Flashes
Short Ram Intake
Phenolic Intake Manifold Spacer
Full Emission Delete (SAI, N249, EVAP…)
32% Window Tint (Llumar)
ECS Magnetic Oil Drain Plug
VW OEM R32 Short Shifter
Pioneer AVH3100DVD Headunit
Kicker L5 10” Subwoofer w/ 0.99 Cubic Foot MDF Sealed Box
Alpine M500 Class D Amp
Rockford Fosgate 1 Farad Capacitor
VW OEM R32 Pedal Covers
VW OEM R32 Dead Pedal Cover
VW OEM R32 Steering Wheel
VW OEM Revised Ignition Coils (Recall)
Neuspeed Rear Sway Bar
Removed Front Sway Bar
42 Draft Designs Stealth Catch Can
OEM VW Amber Side Markers
Sebring Stubby Antenna
Stock Exhaust w/ Magnaflow Muffler/Double Walled Tip
Joey Mod Headlights
Stewart Warner 25 PSI Boost Gauge w/ 42 Draft Designs A-Pillar Pod
I have an uninstalled set of the new version of Volx Tuning's OEM HID reps with the appropriate Morimoto D2S kit from the Retrofit Source. They are BRAND NEW. I will include them if the deal is right. Just a little splicing work and these things are ready to go!
Wheels (the DZ's will come with the car, the Brocks can come with the car if interested but the tires are mostly trash):
(2) DZ DZ1 18” x 8.5” et 30
15mm spacer (final et 15)
205/40/R18 Yokohama S.Drive 95% tread
(2) DZ DZ1 18” x 10” et 25
10mm spacer (final et 15)
225/40/R18 Falken Ziex 512 95% tread
(4) Brock B2 18” x 8.5” et 35
215/40/R18 Toyo T1R 10-20% tread
Flaws/what car needs:
- Hood latch cable not adjusted properly and interior piece around hood release handle not installed. Cable needs to be shimmed/tightened in the engine bay so that the handle isn't so loose. Will address as I have time.
- Paint is blistering a little on the rear fenders of the car. It's a "stanced" car and has bags, and I drive around low. It happens.
- Wheels do not currently have hub centering rings, causing a slight vibration around 30 MPH. Easy fix, I will try to order these when I have time. I am having trouble finding the exact centerbore of these wheels and will need to source a caliper to be able to determine the centerbore so that I can order these. Does not affect drivability at all, just slightly annoying.
- Frame is NOT notched. When I got the bags, this was in the plans, but I held off on it in case I wanted to sell it, so that is why it has not been done. You can make the call if you want it notched or not, and I know of several places that can do it if you are interested and in the area. I will NOT notch the car for you!
- Air gauges (for each bag) not installed currently. I have been driving the car without gauges. The bags DO NOT leak, and the gauges aren't completely necessary. I will include them with sale as well as extra line for you to do as you wish with.
- Door card fabric adhesive is failing. The front ones have original fabric that is okay, but I attempted to repair the rears with a new fabric and the fabric/adhesive combo did not work. Really not that big a deal IMHO.
- Small chip on windshield. Not spreading. Planning on getting this repaired soon.
Other than that, the car needs nothing. The engine is fresh and pulls STRONG. I would not hesitate to drive this car AS IT SITS around the country and back and then around it and back again. It has NEVER left me stranded other than the times I've already mentioned (waterpump/timing belt). I know what the car is worth and I feel my asking price is extremely fair considering what has been done to it and the money I have invested (especially when compared to similar cars for sale on here). You are welcome to come look at the car and I will take you for a ride no questions asked. I am trying to be as forthcoming as possible about the car. Feel free to ask me ANY questions you may have about it!
Shoot me any trades you have, not looking to add too much cash but can add some (2-3k if I really want it). Really looking for an Acura TSX or Lexus IS300 or any newer sedan really, don't hesitate to shoot me something. I do not want an older MK4 - looking to get out of the MK4 game and move onto something a little newer.