Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: RNS 510 with Fender Amp HELP!!

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta GLI Autobahn 6 MT
      08-04-2012 11:56 PM #1
      Hey my Passat cousins, I need your help. I have a 2012 GLI with the Fender audio system and swapped my RNS 315 for an RNS 510. Everything is working flawlessly except the volume, I don't have any. I assume it has something to do with the external amplifier and it probably just needs to be coded. Does anyone know how I can get my volume to work and how to code this thing properly. Has anyone swapped the 315 for the 510 in the Fender system with any success. Thanks in advance, Peter.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 R CW 4Dr
      08-06-2012 01:07 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by GLI12 View Post
      Hey my Passat cousins, I need your help. I have a 2012 GLI with the Fender audio system and swapped my RNS 315 for an RNS 510. Everything is working flawlessly except the volume, I don't have any. I assume it has something to do with the external amplifier and it probably just needs to be coded. Does anyone know how I can get my volume to work and how to code this thing properly. Has anyone swapped the 315 for the 510 in the Fender system with any success. Thanks in advance, Peter.
      You will need to get into long coding of your unit in VCDS and select Fender Sound System as the drop down menu selection in your Audio setup. Exit out and save coding. Reboot RNS-510 and call it a day.

Peter
      // OEM Recaros // RNS-510 // RVC // RLS // OPS // OEM Auto-Dimming Auto-Folding Exterior Mirrors // OEM Homelink // OEM LED Tails // OEM Golf R Black Headlights // OEM Door puddle lights // OKADA Plasma Coils // APR Stage 3 // 034M Catch Can
      RNS-510 Guru // VWNavi.com // Instagram: PeterDNA